Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

Re: Return of the Tiger Man... Your opinion?

Mon May 05, 2008 5:18 am

Return of the Tigerman is great Sylvie. IIRC, it's also labelled as the first real Concert from Elvis after his return from the Army. I have it and I wouldn't part with it.

I'll check out the sound for you tomorrow, but again if IIRC, it's like a lot of the others from the time period - recorded by a member of the audience, and until a soundboard (if it isn't already) emerges for it then we will just have to make do.

I hope you don't mind me saying this - because I do have your best interests at heart. You said you were new to the import world? Please don't expect top notch concerts everytime. If you are going to stick with the best sound, overload etc - you are going to spoil your enjoyment and will alienate an awful lot of Elvis' work.

Your reqirements I feel will only be met by the big guns. For me and lots of others - we like to hear whatever is given to us -- believe me, I have cd's that you can't even hear Elvis or anyone, but I have it and wouldn't part with it either. What we have to remember is, these things were recorded 30 or more years ago. They'll never be top notch anything until FTD or BMG get a better soure fro which to release it.

Mon May 05, 2008 12:08 pm

The sound is average on this release. It's a typical August 69 show -- meaning songs and the dialogue are the samish and yes Elvis, during the dialogue can be heard reasonably well.

return_tigerman_1.jpg

Can I recommend the 2007 release -- Viva Las Vegas Sylvie -- that has top notch sound and everything you are looking for from an album.

51-Y48e5YxL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Las-Vegas-De ... 746&sr=1-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Pourlemoment wrote:I am trying to get my hands on every available concert from 1969-1970, for starters. I know it's going to take a while, but I have to start somewhere :wink:

i have all the shows available from 1969 and all the ones from tour and the August/September 1970 show - i don't have them all from the January-February season - and it was hard to get all the correct dates and the best sounding ones and then the CD-R releases of them but there are some VERY GOOD shows there(i don't there there is a 'bad' show) and it'll be worth it when you get the 'main' ones
Last edited by Ben on Tue May 06, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 06, 2008 7:31 am

Please send me a copy and I will be happy to fully evaluate the quality of this recording.

Tue May 06, 2008 2:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Please send me a copy and I will be happy to fully evaluate the quality of this recording.

Good idea! It's in the post.