Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Now the stage is low!

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:05 pm

The top 3 photos in bripet56's post are from Charleston West Virginia, July 12, 1975 (afternoon show).

I was there and as I was leaving the show, I took an instamatic photo of that sign......I think it just said:

"ELVIS"

This footage is also in RETURN TO SPLENDER and is noted as such.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Brad, sorry the interruption

Were you able to take photos from that concert ?

July 12, 1975 (2:30 pm). Charleston WV. ???

:oops:

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 pm

I took a few "snap shots"....my seats weren't bad, but with those old Pocket Instimatic cameras the lens might as well have been a fisheye....Elvis is as 'bout as big as those smiley Icons....you can tell he's wearing the blue/sivler eagle suit....but maybe that's only cause I KNOW.

But nothing worth putting on the Forum. Sean Shaver has a couple (you've probally seen) coming out of the Daniel Boone Hotel that afternoon. I asked Sean at the time if he "took any photos AT the show".....he just wrote back, "no".....I think he was at the Friday night show (July 11). He has shots of Elvis coming out of the Hotel for the evening show too, but he must not have gotten seats for the 12th shows....but he was in town (?).

But sorry, (sadly) no photos ("....worth a damn").

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Brad,

Even if Elvis is small as a little ant, I would really like to see them since we dont have photos from that show. They are worth it, please :D

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:42 pm

brad wrote:
The top 3 photos in bripet56's post are from Charleston West Virginia, July 12, 1975 (afternoon show).

Thanks for the info brad. Too bad the foootage weren't from On Tour but stille better knowing they're from July 12, 1975 than not knowing at all when they're from.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:56 pm

Simon1 just posted this photo in another thread and it shows Elvis leaving the afternoon show in Macon on April 15, 1972.

this means that the next photo is taken from footage from Macon as well.

while this next photo is then from Knoxville on April 8, 1972.

So a BIG THANK YOU to Simon1 for solving this problem as I had stated earlier in this thread that I thought it was the other way around.

Great to have this footage solved now as well.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 pm

KA-CHING! Great to know this as well.... we are some footage decoding folks around here. :lol:

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:46 pm

well, we do make some mistakes from time to time but I think that overall we're getting some major results in dating photos from all periods of Elvis' life.

And it's certainly great to see new photos popping up all the time.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Well done one and all! We should ALL raise our glasses! Cheers :lol:!

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Well done one and all! We should ALL raise our glasses! Cheers :lol:!

*raises glass of Pepsi and toasts everyone*

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:14 pm

As far as EOT is concerned, I'm starting to think they filmed on every single tour stop.... :lol:

But you're right, Brian.... we do still have a lot of things to try and get to the bottom of.

Nobody needs to toast me.... I just really enjoy doing this stuff. It's nice to know that others take an interest in and show appreciation for your efforts; I can remember a time not that long ago when it wasn't cool to be an Elvis fan.

Thu May 01, 2008 10:18 am

Brian, here's something else to run by you....

Does this look like the cape to the White Fireworks suit to you? This is from the footage where everybody jogs to the stage right before "I Got A Woman". So is this:

It looks plain to me from the image that Elvis is wearing a white suit.... so where do you think this footage originates from?

Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Frankie, that was excellent spotting. I hadn't even noticed this footage but there is no doubt this is the White Fireworks suit so we're talking about three shows:
April 7, Dayton, Oh.
April 13, Charlotte, N.C.
April 19, Albuquerque, N.M.

If we look at photos from other years we can rule out Charlotte as there is no free view from behind the stage out into the audience.

In 1975 photos from Dayton we see audience behind the stage but there could be a passage below the audience-section through which Elvis entered.

I'm almost sure this footage is from Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque but I can't find any proper photos on the Internet which will tell for sure.

The problem is that we have no photos at all from backstage where we can see which clothes the guys wear.

I managed to make a couple more screen-caps from the short seconds. As you can see there is a red curtain covering the stage and this would most likely be the same on the front so now we just need a photo showing the front of the stage.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu May 01, 2008 4:25 pm

bripet56 wrote:I'm almost sure this footage is from Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque but I can't find any proper photos on the Internet which will tell for sure.

The problem is that we have no photos at all from backstage where we can see which clothes the guys wear.

What about the footage shot of Elvis with the little girl who had cancer on the "Through My Eyes" DVD.... maybe something/someone could be matched up by looking at some of that? I don't have it handy or I would check it.

I still don't get why Elvis is in some sort of a camper trailer or Winnebago in that.... :?:

Thu May 01, 2008 11:37 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:What about the footage shot of Elvis with the little girl who had cancer on the "Through My Eyes" DVD.... maybe something/someone could be matched up by looking at some of that? I don't have it handy or I would check it.

Funny you mentioned "Through My Eyes," Frankie. I am at my office right now, and I saw on the postal tracking a few minutes ago that the package I ordered--containing the "Through My Eyes" and "Love Coming Down" DVD's--have been delivered to my house!! I can't wait to get home and check 'em out!!

Mon May 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Well, it's been 4 days now without any inputs in the EOT discussion so I thought it was time to re-open the thread with a few screen-caps of the White Matador suit. :lol: :roll:

I think we've all agreed upon the first four images being from the evening show in Macon on April 15. We can follow Elvis all the way from the dressingroom to where we see him against the white wall and then about to enter the stage.

However, then the camera switches and in the next four images we see Elvis climb the stairs and enter the stage. Notice the strand of hair that comes forward almost to his eye in the third image. Could this be footage from another show?? Nope, image # 2 and 3 are only a second apart and all four images must be from San Antonio on April 18. All the footage of Elvis strolling to the other end of the stage and taking bows is also from San Antonio.

At the end of the footage in the White Matador suit we see Elvis taking his bows with cape and all from San Antonio. Then he runs down the steps and is followed by his boduguards and a policeman, but where?? In the first image below we see Elvis along with Esposito and maybe Sonny behind Elvis and Red at far left. Is this from San Antonio or is it from Macon?? What speaks against Macon is that Esposito is in his brown jacket and in Macon he wore black as well as the policeman's hat which had a black top in Macon and here it's white.

And finally we see Elvis emerge through the red curtain which we've agreed was from Detroit on April 6.

Well, just a few thoughts to the White Matador footage in EOT. Any thoughts for or against above are welcome.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Tue May 06, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Brian,

As always, thanks for taking the time to post the screen shots.

Like you, I'm convinced that the behind the scenes footage in the room with the red wall is from Macon. Elvislennon maintains that Macon never had a red wall, and so thinks it's San Antonio, but as we've already discussed, he just looks too different for it to be San Antonio.

I genuniely believe that they filmed something at every venue on the tour, be it limo footage, backstage, airports etc. It's a fascinating puzzle.

Tue May 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Brian, grab a screen cap of Presley the moment he is leaving the San Antonio stage (directly after singing Burning Love) with Esposito (take note of Joe' attire)! Okay are you with me! Now screen cap everything from the SA stage (as mentioned by me above) to the limo! You'll see the differences, most notably the change in Esposito's clothing and the black w/ red collar Presley is suddenly wearing! Hope you can follow these instructions! Cheers!

Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Well Funky, I don't know if I got the right images but in this first image you see Elvis leaving the stage. There's a guy in the left corner in blue clothes. I don't think that's Esposito as he does not follow Elvis around the corner. I think he's one in the camera-crew. Same clothing as the camera-guy kneeling down to the left of this guy.

In the next image we see Elvis and the guys around the corner with Esposito in his usual brown jacket to Elvis' left.

Then we change to another camera filming Elvis from the front coming out under the curtain. The policemen in the second image above has disappeared and Jerry Schilling can be seen between Elvis and what I believe is red West at far right. Schilling is holding Elvis black/red cape which he throws over Elvis' shoulder a few seconds later before Elvis climbs into the limousine.

These last few seconds from where Elvis emerges under the curtain and runs to the car I believe is from Detroit while the previous footage is from San Antonio. At least that's what I believe at this moment.

Let me know if this was what you meant or not as I'm not quite sure I got you right.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue May 06, 2008 10:23 pm

Great work and explanations, folks!

Brian, not to muddy the waters any here.... but in the fifth image you posted above showing the stage entrance against that white wall/upright.... that wall bears a more than passing resemblance to the wall above in the screen caps you and I posted of the entrance in the White Fireworks suit.

Probably unrelated, but I thought I'd just pitch that out there.... :lol:

Wed May 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Yeah Frankie, I noticed that too, but if you compare them again you'll notice that the wall in the photos with the White Firework is much lower than the wall in the photo with the White Matador. And also, the "pole" at the corner is much higher in the "Matador" photo than in the "Firework" photos.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Indeed, Brian. I also noticed that in the "Fireworks" image, one wall has what appears to be a cattle gate attached to it as well that doesn't show up in the "Matador" image.

Like I said, probably unrelated.... :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

What a fantastic topic!

EOT is a great puzzle, isn't it?

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:20 pm

what is the chance that all 15 shows got filmed ?

Is there any proof that all shows were not filmed completly ? even if it was one question.

and just one more interesting question i'v got.

If on some shows the cameraman only took a few shots of Elvis entering the stage and leaving it begs the question what were they doing for the other 50 mins of the show sitting on there ass watching the show ?

I honestly believe all shows got filmed to be honest we just need more and more proof i would love to find some more documents or track down the original cameraman if there still alive

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm

It was a job for the camera man. They would have been told what to film. Certain songs. Certain fan reactions. Certain band close ups/back shots. The four shows we know and love will have been the main ones and the others used for inserts etc. It would have been financially implausible to have filmed repeated shows with the same set lists. Elvis too will have worked with the producers by varying the content of his four "filmed-with-sound" shows, hence the inclusion of I Got A Woman, Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Bridge, Release Me, Burning love, It's Over, Are You Lonesome Tongight, I Can't Stop Loving you etc

I presume they looked at what had been featured in TTWII and tried to use different song selections.

The rest of the tour featured pretty standard song line-ups.