Post here your Elvis' pictures

Now the stage is low!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Charlie wasn't joking, nor was Lamar! April 17th
'72 Little Rock, Arkansas (T.H Barton Coliseum)
eBay item number: 170202930808 cathielvis :lol:

Re: Now the stage is low!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:53 pm

How far is Jackie?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:02 pm

How far is Jackie? You mean there's no intermission yet? Why did you bring my ass over here so early?

Damn it!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:31 pm

"Lamar you big sumbich, why didn't you save me a piece of ham"

(from the never discovered EOT Outtakes) :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:44 pm

"You know 'bout the stage and all that?"

"Yeah...nothin' they can do 'bout that"

"It's a low stage and the lights are low...so they're gonna be damn near right in your eyes! You're gonna have to be careful backin' up now cuz the orchestra is right behind us!"

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Is all of the dialogue you guys are spewing on some kind of Elvis movie or something?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Didn't Esposito say (or words to the effect) to Presley ' ... can you sign this!' KHoots, if I am not mistaken, the dialoque was taken from Elvis On Tour :roll: :lol: :lol:!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:43 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Didn't Esposito say (or words to the effect) to Presley ' ... can you sign this!'

Yep, and that's when Elvis says: "We came over too soon, didn't we?"

The dialogue went something like this:

Lamar: How far's Jackie?
Elvis: Don't slam the door! 'How far's Jackie'? You mean there's no intermission yet?
Joe: No, not yet. They're running late...he's running late".
Joe: "Would you sign this? "(unintelligible remarks)"
Elvis: We came over too soon, didn't we?"
Joe: "Yeah"

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:07 am

This (candid) audio/ visual represents the very first time we have (candid) audio/ visual of Presley (and entourage) out on the road, during the 70's! Little Rock, Arkansas, of all places!
Frankie, should be mighty proud of himself. I'm still wondering if the limo footage of the arrival (at the start) is indeed Presley arriving at the (T.H Barton) Coliseum! If anyone cares to look, you can even see more Little Rock backstage footage (no audio) over the closing credits! Keep a close look at Jerry Schilling! One moment he has his jacket on, in another, he hasn't! MGM, must of spent a great deal of time filming Presley!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:26 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Didn't Esposito say (or words to the effect) to Presley ' ... can you sign this!' KHoots, if I am not mistaken, the dialoque was taken from Elvis On Tour :roll: :lol: :lol:!

Yeah, I've seen it, chief. I was teasing........ :D

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:30 am

I know you did :roll: :lol:!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:19 am

thefunkyangel wrote:This (candid) audio/ visual represents the very first time we have (candid) audio/ visual of Presley (and entourage) out on the road, during the 70's! Little Rock, Arkansas, of all places!
Frankie, should be mighty proud of himself. I'm still wondering if the limo footage of the arrival (at the start) is indeed Presley arriving at the (T.H Barton) Coliseum! If anyone cares to look, you can even see more Little Rock backstage footage (no audio) over the closing credits! Keep a close look at Jerry Schilling! One moment he has his jacket on, in another, he hasn't! MGM, must of spent a great deal of time filming Presley!

Funky,

The first time I saw EOT, that Little Rock, AR footage at the end always stood out to me. Elvis is laughing with Vernon in one scene then in another he's checking out some flowers.

FWIW, the scene where Elvis is running to the car after CHFIL appears to be from Hampton Roads because I slowed down the disc I have and it looks like he's wearing the "White Fireworks" belt with the "Blue Nail" suit.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:37 am

Tony Trout wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:This (candid) audio/ visual represents the very first time we have (candid) audio/ visual of Presley (and entourage) out on the road, during the 70's! Little Rock, Arkansas, of all places!

Funky,

The first time I saw EOT, that Little Rock, AR footage at the end always stood out to me. Elvis is laughing with Vernon in one scene then in another he's checking out some flowers.

FWIW, the scene where Elvis is running to the car after CHFIL appears to be from Hampton Roads because I slowed down the disc I have and it looks like he's wearing the "White Fireworks" belt with the "Blue Nail" suit.

I love that scene of Elvis running to his car!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:44 am

Joe Car wrote:
I love that scene of Elvis running to his car!

Me too! As I mentioned, I slowed down the disc to the slowest speed possible to catch a glimpse of what belt he's wearing and it looks like he's wearing the "White Fireworks" belt with the suit.

IMO, I actually think that particular belt (White Fireworks belt) looked much better on the "Blue Nail" suit than the original belt....

Would anyone who has the ability to do so, please view this portion of EOT in slow motion and tell me if I'm correct in the assumption that this "running to the car" footage is from Hampton Roads, VA April 9, 1972 evening show? I only made that assumption by getting a very quick glance at the belt that he's wearing....

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Tony,

Just to confuse the issue, Elvis leaving the stage in the blue nail suit with that belt was flimed at least twice during the april tour. One version appears in This Is Elvis during the Promised Land Footage, and it's different to the footage used in EOT.

I'd assume one of the venues was Hampton Roads, and the other one could be from later in the tour, maybe Indianapolis?

Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:02 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Tony,

Just to confuse the issue, Elvis leaving the stage in the blue nail suit with that belt was filmed at least twice during the april tour. One version appears in This Is Elvis during the Promised Land Footage, and it's different to the footage used in EOT.

I just watched that part in "This Is Elvis". He's wearing the original belt for the "Blue Nail" suit so the footage in "This Is Elvis" is either from the following dates:

April 5, 1972 Buffalo, New York 8:30 p.m.
Blue Nail suit w/original belt

April 8, 1972 Knoxville, TN 8:30 p.m.
Blue Nail suit w/original belt

On the following dates he wore the "White Fireworks" belt with the "Blue Nail" suit:

April 9, 1972 Hampton Roads, VA 8:30 p.m.
April 12, 1972 Indianapolis, IN 8:30 p.m.

So, the "running to the car" footage in "Elvis On Tour" is either from April 9, 1972 or April 12, 1972

Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Tony - you can probably rule out Buffalo, as by all accounts, the only one there was Abel with his handheld Sony, so that would leave April 8th Knoxville, if you're correct about the occasions Elvis wore that combination.

It's amazing just how much behind the scenes footage was shot on that tour!

Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:20 am

AARRGGHH! I can't believe I missed this! Would somebody please knock me up side of the head.... those are so much better than my Polaroids.

Darryl, I'm beginning to think they filmed more offstage than they filmed on. :lol:

Funky. I'm still taking that trip, I swear. I've been down this past week, and we have about one more week to go on this flock of chickens. I'm going to go to LR after they go to market, I promise.

Bear with me, everybody. Hopefully I'll have some more 1950s Elvis location-hunting to report on as well.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:18 am

Frankie, you are thoroughly alright and well respected in our books, man!

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:35 am

DarrylMac wrote:Tony - you can probably rule out Buffalo, as by all accounts, the only one there was Abel with his handheld Sony, so that would leave April 8th Knoxville, if you're correct about the occasions Elvis wore that combination.

I'm definitely correct 'bout the occasions...I"m still doin' research but I've narrowed the final scene of "Elvis running to the car" dates down to either April 9, 1972 at the Hampton Roads, VA 8:30 p.m. show and April 12, 1972 Indianapolis, IN 8:30 p.m. show because he only wore the "White Fireworks" belt on those two dates.....if you're wondering, yes I love trying to decipher dates on which he wore a particular jumpsuit so I'm definitely a "Jumpsuit Junkie"!! :D :D :D :D

DarrylMac wrote:It's amazing just how much behind the scenes footage was shot on that tour!

I agree! EOT is my favorite movie and I'm hoping that one day we will finally see it on DVD! Until then I'm happy with my disc that I purchased from Dee Kelly.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:51 am

Presley was probally thinking, argh fark the stage is low! eBay item number 370034684529

ImageImage

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Tony - it sounds like we have a lot in common! I love the challenge of dating photo's / footage too.

The only reason I query the 12th in Indianapolis is that Fransesc has a series of photos listed for the 12th, but as far as I can make out, he's wearing the original belt, not the fireworks one. See below...

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c720412.htm

Now, that could mean that the date is wrong on the pics, obviously. What do you think? Christian is adamant that the date is correct, and that the band wore blue in Indianapolis. He suggests that the footage in EOT is from Jacksonville evening show.

There are some great black and white photo's taken on this tour, with the white fireworks belt, and not from Hampton Roads. Also, there's the ongoing dilema of the entrance footage before I Got A Woman, which is definitely not Hampton Roads, and again, he has on the white fireworks belt.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Well, besides being a 50's junkie I'm also a jumpsuit junkie so I'd like to shed a little light over the Indianapolis show.

I can't access Francesc's website as the Swedish and the US provider have a problem and have closed the connection between them.

However, I can assure you all that on the 12th Elvis wore the Firework belt. I've enclosed a copy of the Indianapolis News from April 13th along with a better copy of one of the photos that appeared in the paper.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:38 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Tony - it sounds like we have a lot in common! I love the challenge of dating photo's / footage too.

The only reason I query the 12th in Indianapolis is that Fransesc has a series of photos listed for the 12th, but as far as I can make out, he's wearing the original belt, not the fireworks one. See below...

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c720412.htm

Now, that could mean that the date is wrong on the pics, obviously. What do you think? Christian is adamant that the date is correct, and that the band wore blue in Indianapolis. He suggests that the footage in EOT is from Jacksonville evening show.

I looked at these photos but they are taken at too far of a distance for me to tell exactly what belt he's wearing.... plus, I can't see well in general so that makes it more difficult for me to tell...:(

DarrylMac wrote:There are some great black and white photo's taken on this tour, with the white fireworks belt, and not from Hampton Roads. Also, there's the ongoing dilema of the entrance footage before I Got A Woman, which is definitely not Hampton Roads, and again, he has on the white fireworks belt.

Wasn't the debate 'bout the "I Got A Woman" entrance footage settled? I thought I remember someone saying that it may have been from somewhere in Ohio?

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:27 pm

Brian,

Thanks for that - that's what I always thought, but the belt in the photo's posted on Fransesc's site, that Christian swears are from the 12th, seem to show the original belt, not the fireworks!

Ah, the joys!

Tony, with regards to the I Got A Woman entrance, I don't know. Christian assures me it's Jacksonville, where others are convinced it's indianapolis. I just don't know any more!!!!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17917&start=75&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=i+got+a+woman+entrance