Post here your Elvis' pictures

Exact dates, please

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:28 am

Can anyone give the exact dates for these pictures, please? Thank you very much.

Image Image Image Image

Re: Exact dates, please

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 am

hilton22000 wrote:Can anyone give the exact dates for these pictures, please?

Off the top of my head:

1) Meridian, MS - May 25, 1955
2) spring 1955 - have the exact date/location at home (also note someone retouched the photo, the middle is ripped out on the original)
3) + 4) Audubon house, Memphis - circa October 1956

Brian P -- how close am I on these?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:54 am

Thank you for the answer, Doc. About the first photo, according to MRS 2, these are from May 25, 1955 - Jimmie Rodgers Memorial Celebration:

Abut 3+4, on March 13, 1956 Vernon, Gladys and Elvis signed papers for 1034 Audubon Drive house. The photos are from Audubon and i think you're right, middle October.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:45 am

Yes the film clip is from the same date and almost the same moment as the photo.

Picture 2 was first published (unretouched) in ->

Good Rockin' Tonight - Sun Records and the Birth of Rock 'n' Roll (New York: St. Martin's Press, 1990)

But they have the wrong date. I'll get it for you -- I think it's from Clarksdale, MS.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Picture 2 was shot during the Mid-January Tour Arkansas in 1955.

Mississippi

Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:48 pm

Well Doc, you were spot on on # 1, that's from the bar-b-q on May 25 in Meridian, Ms.
On # 2, you were pretty close. This has been believed to be from Clarksdale, March 10, 1955 but new evidence may push it forward a month. In Clarksdale he played the Auditorium and this photo is clearly from a Gym. More info and new pics likely to be published in the upcoming SUN-book.
# 3-4 I'd say November 56 as Elvis wears the exact same clothes and shoes as he does on the photo with his new Harley Davidson motorcycle which he bought November 1.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Thank you all very much for help, you're all very nice. :smt038
So, in May 25 Elvis change his clothes for the barbeque?
Brian, about #2, you know the exact dates, please? I will surely buy SUN book, i can't wait. But Brian, please verify all the photos dates, please, i trust in your knowledge.
About #3-4, they are from November 1, 56?

Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Is Elvis not wearing a different shirt in the screen caps from Meridian and the photo?

Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:47 pm

No Steve, that actually is the same shirt although I too was fooled at first.

Well Hilton, Elvis got the new HD on NOvember 1, 1956 so they COULD be from that date. On November 1, 1956 Natalie Wood was on the seat behind Elvis on his new HD and NIck Adams was on Elvis' first HD. I'd like to see Natalie Wood in the photo before I'd say it was from Noember 1.

As for # 2 you'll have to wait for the SUN-book. I won't spoil all the fun :lol: :lol:

Sincerely
Brian

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:26 pm

bripet56 wrote:As for # 2 you'll have to wait for the SUN-book. I won't spoil all the fun :lol: :lol:
Sincerely
Brian

I said: spoil it, spoil it... :roll:
Just kiddin', i will wait for the SUN book, no problem :)

I think this photo is from November 1, 1956 - Elvis takes delivery of his 1957 Harley-Davidson FLH. In the center is Sales and Service Manager "Big" Al McAlexander and at the right is Dealer B. W. Barfield (Mr. B.) of the Memphis Harley-Davidson Co.
But in the photo below is another motorcycle...i think i'm lost... :oops:

Thu May 16, 2013 7:08 pm

bripet56 wrote:
As for # 2 you'll have to wait for the SUN-book. I won't spoil all the fun :lol: :lol:

Sincerely
Brian

So what is it then, Ripley HS? Trevor had an alternate on the cover of his EMM last year.

Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:So what is it then, Ripley HS? Trevor had an alternate on the cover of his EMM last year.

120900_EMM 97.JPG

All these photos were taken on Tuesday, April 5, 1955 at the Charleston High School gym in Mississippi. The show was recorded too -- see mic cord running up the wall behind Scotty -- but the guy who recorded it later reused or lost the tape!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu May 16, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah, Trevor said they credited it as Charleston High School Gym, Mississippi, April 5th 1955 in 'A Boy From Tupelo' (after I posted).
Cool.

Thu May 16, 2013 8:49 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Yeah, Trevor said they credited it as Charleston High School Gym, Mississippi, April 5th 1955 in 'A Boy From Tupelo' (after I posted).
Cool.

Wish we had the tape.

Tue May 21, 2013 5:00 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:Yeah, Trevor said they credited it as Charleston High School Gym, Mississippi, April 5th 1955 in 'A Boy From Tupelo' (after I posted).
Cool.

Wish we had the tape.

+ 1