When this happens, does it become more collectable to You?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
PEP
Registered for: 21 years

When this happens, does it become more collectable to You?

Post by PEP »

When something like this happens.
Will the value go up over time in your opinion?

Does it become a more collectable Elvis item to You?

Have you ever looked for things like this on other Elvis Albums?

What other Elvis Albums have encountered the same fate that You know about?

PEP 8)

Rob

Re: When this happens, does it become more collectable to You?

Post by Rob »

Not a collectable to me at all. I have a replacement cover for my CD on the way. When I get the replacement, I'll probably give the misprint to someone who wants it.

There are a lot of misprints and bad spelling on several imports as well. You'd think that someone would proof read officially released material a little more carefully though.

elvis presley scrapbook
Registered for: 17 years

Post by elvis presley scrapbook »

I think FTD/BMG/SONY did this on purpose knowing that this release, with a total of only 5 or 6 true titles/songs, was going to be a poor seller.
Collectors now feel they have to have both version and thereby FTD have double the sales on this release.
A sceptic, who me?

That's truly how I feel about it.

03/08/21: Account deactivated at the request of the member.

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Johanesson »

PEP wrote:
Will the value go up over time in your opinion?
Maybe,but not significantly and not in the near future.
Does it become a more collectable Elvis item to You?
No.
Have you ever looked for things like this on other Elvis Albums?
No. It's just an annoying mispelling. I'll buy the corrected version.

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

elvis presley scrapbook wrote:I think FTD/BMG/SONY did this on purpose knowing that this release, with a total of only 5 or 6 true titles/songs, was going to be a poor seller.
Collectors now feel they have to have both version and thereby FTD have double the sales on this release.
A sceptic, who me?

Hmm that's a new twist.

Is there any other Albums you feel RCA has done this on purpose for in the past?

PEP 8)

Rob

Post by Rob »

elvis presley scrapbook wrote:I think FTD/BMG/SONY did this on purpose knowing that this release, with a total of only 5 or 6 true titles/songs, was going to be a poor seller.
I think they'll start doing this to all of them from now on. I also think that they'll start doing it on the front cover as well and that they'll start posting pictures of ETA's instead of Elvis himself.

They have to get up pretty early in the morning to put one past us.

Ricky
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Ricky »

The spelling of the cast of GirlHappy FTD is embarassing.....Herald J. Stone, Gory Crosby, Nito Talbot, etc.
Yes, I prefer the mistake copies, they make for better conversation.

elvis presley scrapbook
Registered for: 17 years

Post by elvis presley scrapbook »

PEP wrote:
A sceptic, who me?

Hmm that's a new twist.

Is there any other Albums you feel RCA has done this on purpose for in the past?

PEP 8)
None that I can think of right now but as devils advocate (and I know I'll probably get shot for what I'm about to post) I feel WITC is the weakest FTD thus far.
Even in the days of the DOUBLE FEATURES issues it was left till the last batch and was part of a TRIPLE feature because of the limited number of tunes.
With only five songs to go at I (personally) find it a boring listen......... that's my opinion and I don't expect ANYONE to agree with me here but it is truly how I feel about it.
Still I did purchase it to keep my collection complete so that now raises another question doesn't it?
Will I be purchasing the (on its own without the book) THE WAY IT WAS CD to keep my collection complete ? Well, no............ I already have it with the book :smt002
Will SONY/BMG/FTD add something new to entice me to purchase it yet again........ I think possibly but I'll have to wait and see because I really don't know :shock: :lol: :smt006

03/08/21: Account deactivated at the request of the member.

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

elvis presley scrapbook wrote:
PEP wrote:
A sceptic, who me?

Hmm that's a new twist.

PEP 8)
None that I can think of right now but as devils advocate (and I know I'll probably get shot for what I'm about to post) I feel WITC is the weakest FTD thus far.
Even in the days of the DOUBLE FEATURES issues it was left till the last batch and was part of a TRIPLE feature because of the limited number of tunes.
With only five songs to go at I (personally) find it a boring listen......... that's my opinion and I don't expect ANYONE to agree with me here but it is truly how I feel about it.
Still I did purchase it to keep my collection complete so that now raises another question doesn't it?
Will I be purchasing the (on its own without the book) THE WAY IT WAS CD to keep my collection complete ? Well, no............ I already have it with the book :smt002
Will SONY/BMG/FTD add something new to entice me to purchase it yet again........ I think possibly but I'll have to wait and see because I really don't know :shock: :lol: :smt006
To buy or not to buy....there's the rub!

I have to buy it for completeness reasons.

I agree that Wild In The Country allowed little scope for an ideal release.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Jth

Post by Jth »

PEP wrote:Will the value go up over time in your opinion?
Hopefully, at least for my (hopefully) kids or grandkids after I've kicked the bucket.
PEP wrote:Does it become a more collectable Elvis item to You?
No
PEP wrote:Have you ever looked for things like this on other Elvis Albums?
No,
PEP wrote:What other Elvis Albums have encountered the same fate that You know about?
Only know of the FTD "Tuscon '76" that was of course meant to be "Tucson '76" and a spelling error inside the booklet in "Live In Las Vegas"

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

NO... I don't care in the least.... I mean how F@#$ing lame! Now to collect cds that have ELVIS' name miss spelled as if it's some sort of "collectable" to cherish...... stupid.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

JEFF d wrote:NO... I don't care in the least.... I mean how F@#$ing lame! Now to collect cds that have ELVIS' name miss spelled as if it's some sort of "collectable" to cherish...... stupid.

JEFF d
EP fan
Another way at looking at this JEFF d One person's garbage is another person's treasure.

PEP 8)

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

PEP wrote:
JEFF d wrote:NO... I don't care in the least.... I mean how F@#$ing lame! Now to collect cds that have ELVIS' name miss spelled as if it's some sort of "collectable" to cherish...... stupid.

JEFF d
EP fan
Another way at looking at this JEFF d One person's garbage is another person's treasure.

PEP 8)
Is it any different to a person who collects postage stamps that have errors on them? Not that I don't think that in itself is a sad way to get your kicks, but as a hobby it's not considered unusual.

Spellbinder
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by Spellbinder »

Richard Palmer wrote:Is it any different to a person who collects postage stamps that have errors on them?
Yes - quite different.

Ray

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

My version of the Madison Square Garden CD refers to a Colonel 'Tim' Parker in the liner notes - i don't regard it as collectable just a sloppy re-issue. I think most of us feel the same about mistakes

Andrew

buddy holly
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by buddy holly »

I only bought it because of the misprint. I think it won't be valuable because the kind of people that pay money for spelling mistakes will all already own a copy. It is funny to own though. I can show it when I try to entertain guests about the joys of my collection.

Bring joy, avoid misery and be grateful

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:Is it any different to a person who collects postage stamps that have errors on them?
Yes - quite different.
Only in size. And you can't stick a copy of WITC on the corner of an envelope as payment to post a letter. But other than that, I see no difference.

Spellbinder

Post by Spellbinder »

Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.
Only in size. And you can't stick a copy of WITC on the corner of an envelope as payment to post a letter. But other than that, I see no difference.
There is a major difference.

Ray

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.
One's a CD cover, the other is a stamp. That's all there is to it, unless you can tell me otherwise.

Spellbinder

Post by Spellbinder »

Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.
One's a CD cover, the other is a stamp. That's all there is to it, unless you can tell me otherwise.
The difference is so obvious that I'm amazed you can't see it.

Ray

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.
ICBM?

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.
Bloody hell, it's like being back in A-level maths.

OK, first of all I should probably have said "Is it any different than a person..." rather than "...to a person.." And if that's all you meant I'll be mightily annoyed. Other than that then, no, it's eluding me. A postage stamp or sheet of stamps can have the same face value as a CD. Errors can be detected on stamps after they go on general sale, just like this CD. No, I have no idea. But I bet it's really obscure, and I bet I can argue my way out of it.

Spellbinder

Post by Spellbinder »

Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.

OK, first of all I should probably have said "Is it any different than a person..." rather than "...to a person.." And if that's all you meant I'll be mightily annoyed. Other than that then, no, it's eluding me. A postage stamp or sheet of stamps can have the same face value as a CD. Errors can be detected on stamps after they go on general sale, just like this CD. No, I have no idea. But I bet it's really obscure, and I bet I can argue my way out of it.
I make no comment about your grammar although even if I did I wouldn't give a damn if you were mightily annoyed or not.

OK, so the difference, even as big as it is, is still eluding you. So be it. You'll just have to think harder about it. Get back to me when you've worked it out.

Ray

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Yes - quite different.

I make no comment about your grammar although even if I did I wouldn't give a damn if you were mightily annoyed or not.

OK, so the difference, even as big as it is, is still eluding you. So be it. You'll just have to think harder about it. Get back to me when you've worked it out.
No, I don't think I'll bother.