All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:41 am

Damn ! I mean darn I missed it! :lol:

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:53 am

Thanks for posting the pictures MemphisFlash.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Been over a month since the last post in this thread. I wish I had something more exciting to contribute since I'm bringing this back to the first page, but I don't.

I don't know where I was when this thread was going strong, but I have spent the last few hours reading all the posts and I must say it's fascinating stuff. Quite an education. Probably the best thread I have seen here since I became a member. Well done guys 'n' gals.

As for myself, being only 18 when I signed up here, I wasn't really aware of the whole bootleg scene until I found this site. Luckily not too long after that a very nice lady who goes by the name of carolynlm hooked me up with a fair amount of CD-R's featuring such gems as 'Finding The Way Home', 'The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard, 1 &2', 'There's Always Me' etc (I still have to pay her back). Though only recently have I started seeking out original CD's through ebay and the likes. I still have a lot of catching up to do, but it is exciting to think that there is still so much out there I have yet to hear.

Anyway, that's my borefest. Hopefully we can keep this thread going :D

Re: THEM DAMN BOOTLEGS...!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:53 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... I like to know, once and for all ; are the tracks on Stax Trax fake? Ive heard, both positive, and negative comments... I dont have a copy anymore, so I cant check. Ive been told, long ago, these were rough mixes, sneaked out of the RCA studio...
..both the "Other Side Of Memphis" and "Stax Trax" are not from the (rough mixes) tapes - but the results of Bilko's (above avg) creative use of channel separation from the Japanese quads ....
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... I have a lot more "goodies", I would like to share, with you all. Any interest, in reading handwritten letters, from Marion Keisker? She replied to my letters, a couple of times, back in 87... Maybe, together with some other Sun related rarities, this coming weekend?! Lemme know!
Ger, perhaps I missed something - but haven't seen the Keisker notes so far ..would be eXtremely greatful if you can post these notes........

Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:46 am

E-Cat wrote:I was trying to post an honest observation ...

I, too would like to see the Keisker notes!

Ger, can you share? Marion will always be one of the true stars in the Elvis Presley story.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:53 pm

I have been informed by E-Cat things have been worked out between himself and Keith F.

I would like to thank Keith F and E-Cat for taking the time to work things out between themselves for the benefit of the forum and this thread.

Upon their request I have only deleted their last off topic replies to each other in this thread.

Thread now is unlocked.

Thank you gentlemen. :wink:

PEP 8)

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:05 pm

This is such a terrific thread, and a fine example of FECC at its best. Thanks to all who facilitated its return.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:36 am

OK Gentlemen...back to work, please continue to educate us!!

Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:30 am

PEP wrote:I have been informed by E-Cat things have been worked out between himself and Keith F.

Have they sent "SWEETIES" to each other then?. :wink:

Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:34 pm

Very interesting to hear memories of Dec 76. Any more stories would be much appreciated by us eager followers Ger!

Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:01 pm

KempoDick wrote:Image

Oh, man! These were bad!

As mentioned earlier, the Atlanta show came straight off of the chopped up video footage of the show. The "Hilton" show was nothing more than selected songs from "Madison Square Garden" and "Aloha From Hawaii" albums.

Two of the worst vinyl boots I ever bought back in the late 70's.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:16 pm

Yes...but as far as I know..this vegas boot was quite expensive being pressed in small amounts..

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:52 pm

I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but I do recall that it was pricey. Only to find out that it wasn't actually from Vegas.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 pm

The Atlanta one was very difficult to find since it was towards the end of LP era. Hence I would think it would be very collectible and could fetch a little more money.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:13 pm

ekenee wrote:The Atlanta one was very difficult to find since it was towards the end of LP era. Hence I would think it would be very collectible and could fetch a little more money.

But the sound is horrible...isn´t it..??

Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:12 am

Ciscoking wrote:
ekenee wrote:The Atlanta one was very difficult to find since it was towards the end of LP era. Hence I would think it would be very collectible and could fetch a little more money.

If you have the video you have the sound since it was taken directly from the video. For an audience recorded item, It is ok. I have heard alot worse, and this is all we have for documentatation of this nice show.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Worst boot i ever bought was 'Changing pants New Years Eve'......great title eh! I got suckered into buying this double gatefold album because of the superb cover shots all done in a matt finish and the fact that it was the NYE '75 concert. The sound has got to be the worst i've ever heard and sounds like it was recorded 'live' from the Pontiac car park! But i still have fond memories of this era and remember picking up my first two at a Record Collectors fair in London around 1985. I got off to a good start as they were 'Behind Closed Doors' & 'The Last Farewell'...............happy days! :D

Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:50 pm

kelvin wrote:Worst boot i ever bought was 'Changing pants New Years Eve'......

You ever heard of Eternal Elvis Vol.2 or The Greatest Show On Earth...with these horrible electronical "duets"..??.... :lol:

Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 pm

ekenee wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:

If you have the video you have the sound since it was taken directly from the video. For an audience recorded item, It is ok. I have heard alot worse, and this is all we have for documentatation of this nice show.

But who knew when they bought the album that it was going to be chopped up into bits and pieces? As an innocent lad of sixteen, I didn't.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:26 pm

Rob wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:

But who knew when they bought the album that it was going to be chopped up into bits and pieces? As an innocent lad of sixteen, I didn't.

Rob, when you say chopped up into pieces, you are making the assumption that it was edited or changed in some way. I don't think so. That appears to be the way it was originally recorded, so what we are hearing is an un-chopped recording.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:46 pm

You're right. But when I say "chopped up," I am referring to it being incomplete (in many different areas). I did not know at the time that it (the Atlanta show) came from video footage. When I bought the album in 1978, I was expecting a complete audience recorded show.

Surprise!