Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Software update

Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:24 am

Thanx for the smiley Jordan

Here's another thing I noticed when you reply to a PM the TO: field says None and I can't see how to change it to sender's name. So the PM would not send because of that it says no recepient selected

Re: Software update

Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 am

Narek wrote:Thanx for the smiley Jordan

Here's another thing I noticed when you reply to a PM the TO: field says None and I can't see how to change it to sender's name. So the PM would not send because of that it says no recepient selected


Hi Narek!

There is a box to the left of all that, where you can enter the recipients. Another cool thing with this software is that you can send PM's to multiple members at one time. See the graphic below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Software update

Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:54 am

Something is missing...................

Now what is it.........................

No - don't tell me.......................

It will come to me in a minute....................

:smt115

Oh yes, in the Satanic Mechanic's posts, there used to be a little box which spookily displayed some of your personal details !

Like your ISP and which version of Explorer or Firefox you were using.

Where's it gone ?

I think we should be told !

Re: Software update

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Carolyn ! :smt006

Re: Software update

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:49 pm

THANKS JORDAN :smt006

I noticed search engine bots twice today. So we're gona get better indexation

Re: Software update

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:39 am

Peter Franks wrote:The only quibble I still have is that links in posts don't open in a new window anymore; is this something you'd mind looking into?


Fixed :)

Re: Software update

Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:37 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Peter Franks wrote:The only quibble I still have is that links in posts don't open in a new window anymore; is this something you'd mind looking into?


Fixed :)


Excellent, thanks!

Re: Software update

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 pm

I don't know if its just me but when I read a thread with an attachment in one of the posts, or try to add an attachment to my own posts, I'm logged out.

It's a bit of a pain (obviously) any help would be appreciated.

Re: Software update

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:I don't know if its just me but when I read a thread with an attachment in one of the posts, or try to add an attachment to my own posts, I'm logged out.
It's a bit of a pain (obviously) any help would be appreciated.


This is a security measure.

A way of weeding out those known trouble-makers, malcontents, undesirables, and agent provocateurs.

Nice to see it's working efficiently.

Re: Software update

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:01 pm

ColinB wrote:This is a security measure.

A way of weeding out those known trouble-makers, malcontents, undesirables, and agent provocateurs.

Nice to see it's working efficiently.


O ry u ny!

Re: Software update

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:45 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:I don't know if its just me but when I read a thread with an attachment in one of the posts, or try to add an attachment to my own posts, I'm logged out.

It's a bit of a pain (obviously) any help would be appreciated.



Hi Conor.
I'm going thru the documentation now. What browser are you using?
Have you clicked the "Keep me logged in" box at login?

Re: Software update

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:52 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:Hi Conor. Hi Jordan
I'm going thru the documentation now. What browser are you using?
IE 7
Have you clicked the "Keep me logged in" box at login?
Yes

Re: Software update

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:Hi Conor. Hi Jordan
I'm going thru the documentation now. What browser are you using?
IE 7
Have you clicked the "Keep me logged in" box at login?
Yes


Have you tried switching off & switching on again ?

Cures most problems !

Re: Software update

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Thank you for fixing my login problem. I missed you guys and gals. Was able to read, but unable to post. And now I see the upgrade is even more fantastic with new features, than I could ever image. Marvellous job all around! Really appreciate the effort. If anyone is wondering about the #1, which is gracing my nickname now. That is classified intel. :wink:

Re: Software update

Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Jordan, I seem to be having a problem with the search feature. For instance...

I did a search for the word "diet" and it did not return the correct results. I know I wrote messages with the word "diet" in them in the "A Star Is Born" thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32210&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

Also, I did a search for "A Star Is Born" (the title of the thread) and it didn't return results showing the thread.

The search results I'm getting only go back as far as October in most cases.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Re: Software update

Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:31 pm

Melanie1 wrote:If anyone is wondering about the #1, which is gracing my nickname now. That is classified intel. :wink:


You were always No.1 in my book..................

Re: Software update

Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:32 pm

Vissie wrote:Jordan, I seem to be having a problem with the search feature. For instance...

I did a search for the word "diet" and it did not return the correct results. I know I wrote messages with the word "diet" in them in the "A Star Is Born" thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32210&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

Also, I did a search for "A Star Is Born" (the title of the thread) and it didn't return results showing the thread.

The search results I'm getting only go back as far as October in most cases.

What am I doing wrong? :(


The 'search' facility is a strange one !

I don't think it includes thread headers.

I never have much luck with it...............

Re: Software update

Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:49 pm

ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:Jordan, I seem to be having a problem with the search feature. For instance...

I did a search for the word "diet" and it did not return the correct results. I know I wrote messages with the word "diet" in them in the "A Star Is Born" thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32210&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

Also, I did a search for "A Star Is Born" (the title of the thread) and it didn't return results showing the thread.

The search results I'm getting only go back as far as October in most cases.

What am I doing wrong? :(


The 'search' facility is a strange one !

I don't think it includes thread headers.

I never have much luck with it...............


Hi Colin ;)

I'm perplexed because it couldn't find the word "diet" either though Image

Re: Software update

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:13 am

Vissie wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:Jordan, I seem to be having a problem with the search feature. For instance...

I did a search for the word "diet" and it did not return the correct results. I know I wrote messages with the word "diet" in them in the "A Star Is Born" thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32210&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

Also, I did a search for "A Star Is Born" (the title of the thread) and it didn't return results showing the thread.

The search results I'm getting only go back as far as October in most cases.

What am I doing wrong? :(


The 'search' facility is a strange one !

I don't think it includes thread headers.

I never have much luck with it...............


Hi Colin ;)

I'm perplexed because it couldn't find the word "diet" either though Image



Working on the fix right now. What has to be done, is that the search index has to re-spider all the posts. This can only be done in chunks of about 20,000 posts at a time/day. We'll get there!

Re: Software update

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:Working on the fix right now. What has to be done, is that the search index has to re-spider all the posts. This can only be done in chunks of about 20,000 posts at a time/day. We'll get there!


Thank you Jordan ;) It's a great feeling knowing they have the best techie in charge here Image

Re: Software update

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:41 am

Vissie wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:Working on the fix right now. What has to be done, is that the search index has to re-spider all the posts. This can only be done in chunks of about 20,000 posts at a time/day. We'll get there!


Thank you Jordan ;) It's a great feeling knowing they have the best techie in charge here Image


Who's that, then ?

Re: Software update

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:55 am

ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:Working on the fix right now. What has to be done, is that the search index has to re-spider all the posts. This can only be done in chunks of about 20,000 posts at a time/day. We'll get there!


Thank you Jordan ;) It's a great feeling knowing they have the best techie in charge here Image


Who's that, then ?


Colin, you behave. Don't make me come over there Image

Re: Software update

Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:53 am

Vissie wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Vissie wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:Working on the fix right now. What has to be done, is that the search index has to re-spider all the posts. This can only be done in chunks of about 20,000 posts at a time/day. We'll get there!


Thank you Jordan ;) It's a great feeling knowing they have the best techie in charge here Image


Who's that, then ?


Colin, you behave.
Don't make me come over there Image


Promises........promises.....................

Re: Software update

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:13 am

Peter Franks wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
Peter Franks wrote:The only quibble I still have is that links in posts don't open in a new window anymore; is this something you'd mind looking into?


Fixed :)


Excellent, thanks!


This got changed again recently! Would you mind looking at it?

In case anyone wonders, I ask primarily because I always preview my posts before submitting them, and when doing so I click the links I've included to ensure that the tags and addresses are correct. If the links don't open in a new window and I forget to right-click the links, I'd have to hit Back to get back to the reply section, which deletes all the text.

Re: Software update

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:01 am

Peter Franks wrote:
Peter Franks wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
Peter Franks wrote:The only quibble I still have is that links in posts don't open in a new window anymore; is this something you'd mind looking into?


Fixed :)


Excellent, thanks!


This got changed again recently! Would you mind looking at it?

In case anyone wonders, I ask primarily because I always preview my posts before submitting them, and when doing so I click the links I've included to ensure that the tags and addresses are correct. If the links don't open in a new window and I forget to right-click the links, I'd have to hit Back to get back to the reply section, which deletes all the text.


Hi Peter :)

I think I've corrected the problem in the preview window. Let me know if it is doing what it should. Since the intitial upgrade of the software (that started this thread) I have upgraded the software again to the next latest version, and some of the code got changed around again, thanks for pointing this out. And again, I hope this functionality is now working properly - let me know.

Edit #1:
Also, when posting links to other threads/topics from the forum - you don't have to use the "[url]" tags for those particular links.. I've redone the code so it parses all local links to the forum both, to open in a new window, and to abbreviate the links.. So, by simply pasting this posts link as an example, without the "[url]" tags it will show this: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=433861#p433861

Edit #2
There was a minor error in my previous code alteration. Should be fine now.