All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:47 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:Does someone know the date of the Moody Blue cover art ?

The pic was taken in Hawaii on November 18, 1972 during the evening performance.....as was this one.

The picture on the back of the original album was taken in Chicago on June 17, 1972 during the afternoon performance.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:30 pm

I loved the cover of the "All Time Greatest Hits" (1987) collection.

The whole famoly used to file into the car on a Sunday to accompany my Dad as he drove to several railway stations to deliver paperwork and other bits and bobs.

My little sister (this was about 15 years ago so she was only 5 and I was 7) always insisted on coming along, no problem with that...except she'd get violently car-sick!

As a squeamish little nipper, I began to dread these Sundays. Corn flakes and travel pills used to re-emerge with frightening regularity and at some speed. I'll never forget when she threw up just outside the house.

Anyway, at their wits end, my parents decided to bring a tape along and see if that did the trick and, as something of an Elvis fan herself (she cried and cried when he went) my mother said it had to be Elvis. Soon, little sis was too busy grooving along to the king to bother with the puke and I could sit easy in my seat.

That's why I'll always love that cover. Nothing to do with the colours, the face, the pose...simply the fact that it brought to an end my sister's travel sickness. :D

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:38 pm

I'm not much for pointless duplication but if it got you into Elvis,
great. (I've seen this in the USA only a few times, but the music,
of course, is available elsewhere:

Is this it?

what is your fave

Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:24 pm

Hi Gang! Ill be anouncing the 2 winners of a CD tomorrow on this thread!

Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:51 pm

Saw many great covers here :shock: :D
I love also very much this BW Cover.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:16 pm

Here other nice and strange color CD Covers.
From BMG Japan.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:55 am

This reminds me of something, but I can't quite place it !

Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:03 am

You´re a funny guy, Colin!

Lennart

what is your fave

Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:41 am

And the [ 4 ] winners are : Colin B and Ekenee for their stories on the 1st album, Hav-A- tampa for his combined threads and making notice of the "ELVIS" 70s Logo, and London Flash for the humor in his All Time Greatest Hits story. PM your name & address to me and Ill forward you the cd in a couple of weeks! No prize, but entertaining reading: Tupelo Boy, Getlo, JLGB, just to name a few. Thanks everybody for helping to make this a fun Topic!

Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:49 am

Well, what do you know, I'm one of the winners !

I had to page back & see what I wrote !

Thanks, Ger !

Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:05 pm

I've browsed the web for the image of the Swedish LP "The Las Vegas Years", which was released as a single LP some time after the Silver box in the early 80s. I think that is the coolest Elvis cover ever. But I didn't find it.

Maybe somebody here is able to upload the image?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Well, two years later and no such luck, Copper... :lol:

Hey, folks, I just stumbled upon this old thread I started but anyone who wants to pick it up and run with it, please do. :lol:

Elvis Coverart

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:15 pm

I love the following covers for vinyl albums:

King Creole, Japan (original cover, 1st press)
Le Retour D' Elvis, France (original cover, 1st press)
Elvis Show, Portugal (original cover, 1st press)
A Mi Manera, Argentina (original cover art, also used for CD release)
Da Memphis A Vegas, Italy (original cover art, 1st press, much better than US version)
Paradise Hawaiian Style, USA (original cover art. One of the most beautiful original Elvis cover arts from the US)
Something For Everybody, Canada (original cover, 1st press, full photo)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:29 pm

There's very few Covers I dislike..but this is My Favourite

Just realised it was LP Cover .. Sorry!!
Last edited by Little Darlin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:06 am

Hi there :D :D :D !!.

This is for me one of the Top Ten Import Lp cover 8). Bye for now :wink:.

Mike windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:42 am

To me, "Elvis' Christmas Album" LOC 1035 is the epitome of a '50s rock 'n' roll LP. It has everything, including fabulous pics of our man from "Jailhouse Rock."

Having not collected Elvis' records 'til 1963, I didn't even know that this cover existed until much later. And, it's being re-released this November on Speakers Corner. Class in every way!

Mystery Train

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:12 am

I always liked Elvis Now because I like that suit a lot. The Golden Records Series (the original four) were always fun. For LP Fans Only is terrific. The first album is fantastic. 68 Comeback volume one boot was fantastic as was the Legend Lives On. When I was a kid I liked the Legendary Performer covers because you could turn the booklets around and have a different jacket picture.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:41 pm

Great topic
there are so many beautiful & great LP covers
Im one of the '50 - '60 fans
so from the '70 my favorite of all time is: ELVIS COUNTRY !
It brings back a lot of good memories
from the '50 : 50,000,000 ELVIS FANS , FANTASTIC !
from the '60: HIS HAND IN MINE , just beatiful: Elvis by the piano with dark suit and the cream colour in the backround , i love it !
2. SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY , what a smile ! and i love the purple & pink , goes terrific with E red shirt
3. IT HAPPENED AT THE WORLD'S FAIR
4. FUN IN ACAPULCO
5. ROUSTABOUT
6. KISSIN COUSINS
7. GIRL HAPPY
8. HARUM SCARUM - My 1st LP that i bought, where it all started 8)
9. TICKLE ME VOL.2 ( EP ) - one of the rarest one & i love it !
10. LETS BE FRIENDS
Sincerely
LIOR B. :wink:

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:01 pm

Some of my faves in no particular order:
Elvis' Christmas Album (electronic stereo reissue)
50,000.000 Gold Vol. 2
Roustabout
Speedway
From Elvis In Memphis
Elvis (2nd album)
Elvis (TV Special)
For LP Fans Only
How Great Thou Art
His Hand In Mine

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:12 pm

GIRL HAPPY BOY wrote:Great topic

That is the truth and nothing but the truth!

From "Elvis Presley" to "Back In Memphis", Elvis's record covers looked magnificent. Things like "Roustabout", "Harum Scarum", "Elvis Is Back!"... I love them all. Nice photos, beautiful colors, cool lettering. What more can you possibly ask for?

Of course it all went terribly wrong in the early '70s with cheap, amateurish covers like "Fool" and "Promised Land". They all looked the same too. But I do have a soft spot for "Raised On Rock".

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Hello KEITE RICHARDS JR.
yes ! im with you :) all Elvis covers from 1960 to 1969 are looks great
Just like you said: the lettering \ colours ....
the '70 covers not catching the eye ( if you know what i mean..)
the only spacial cover is like i choose: ELVIS COUNTRY...even the back cover : Green with the songs wrriten on woods gives the "country flavour"
ELVIS NOW ! is cool one, i like the pose
WELCOME TO MY WORLD is also beautiful painting
But on the bottom line the '70 LP covers are not very spacial ...looks almost the same..and from live shows even if its studio recording
I remember when i saw the FROM E P BOULEVARD it says RECORDED LIVE on the cover...yes indeed LIVE but in the JR in Graceland :lol:
i still like the '50 - '60 style & the LP covers :wink:
sincerely
LIOR B.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:47 pm

My favorite album cover is the original TTWII cover. Much better cover compared to the Special Edition one.
Image Image

I suppose I'm a little bias since this is my favorite period of Elvis.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

DJL

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:51 pm

My other favorite, while I'm thinking of it is also the Elvis in Concert cover, even though the picture does not reflect the period the music is from, I still always enjoyed the album cover.

DJL

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:
dennisdee wrote:Thisone has got to be the one for me !!Image

But why wasn't the cover in colour, and why didn't it feature a photo from Vegas '69?

I liked the B&W cover...made the "Elvis" stand out more...and I bet they used the '68 shot becuase at the time, the show had just been seen on TV in August (re-run), and that was an image of Elvis that most everyone recognized as "the new Elvis", so to speak...

Axe

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Does someone know the date of the Moody Blue cover art ?? I don´t know who asked but I also would like to know...

The front cover shot was weird to me as a kid, which I was when it came out. It always looks like a shark or something bit Elvis' leg off just above the knee, and his hand in the pic was more like an incomplete leg!
Ah the things one thinks of when you're seven...I don't think it helped that "Jaws" was on HBO that summer too...

Axe