All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:52 am

Matthew wrote:
milstein2001 wrote:Well I prefer to get the concerts but its all valid. I would like to see more effort made on the sound quite frankly. Some of the concerts have had great sound while others have had dull mono.

All mono releases are that way because that is how they were captured at the soundboard. They cannot be made into stereo.

milstein2001 wrote:I would like to see all the binaural material remastered to true stereo and for the basic 50s monos still being churned out by BMG to be given some 'presence' for a change.

How can you make a binural recording"true"stereo? They will alwats be what they are, 99% with Elvis' vocal on one channel. With regards to 'presence', I presume you refer to top notch sound quality in which case I direct you to the various projects Kevan Budd has worked on, you will find your results there. Try "Elvis at Sun" as a starting point.

milstein2001 wrote:Maybe we are all getting too picky..........

It would seem so. If only some where more informed before passing their criticisms.

You bet me too the punch!

There should be no room for ignorance now that the internet offers so much so easily.

And all it takes is a little Google :D

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:30 am

this grouchy bunch needs to cool down. like e said in a interview we all have different tastes. so don't knock the fans who want it all.
elvis has more fans . your'e crazy to say there are less fans. no way lots dude you don't know.how many there are worldwide look there not just one country. cause you don't know it all!
e's cds ,dvds records,memorbila stills sells hot. young kids are buying cds and records now. again you don't know what you are talking about pipe down!!
the tapes have probily been found for ggg otherwise it wouldn't be done ftd yet. noone knows what ej has found.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:17 pm

ritchie valens wrote:this grouchy bunch needs to cool down. like e said in a interview we all have different tastes. so don't knock the fans who want it all.elvis has more fans . your'e crazy to say there are less fans. no way lots dude you don't know.how many there are worldwide look there not just one country. cause you don't know it all!e's cds ,dvds records,memorbila stills sells hot. young kids are buying cds and records now. again you don't know what you are talking about pipe down!!the tapes have probily been found for ggg otherwise it wouldn't be done ftd yet. noone knows what ej has found.

this grouchy bunch is all the for one ftd but not to do now for. theyr'e probily not even to go to what ej has found. ggg was to buy all the one country too. elvis has more fans than we are the ones to be there to hate grouchy people.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Hello!! :D :D :D.

Magnus wrote:the tracklist of Girls Girls Girls have a lot of suprises...
:evil:

Now that we know the official track listing for the new FTD release of Girls! Girls! Girls! :roll:. I was not wrong in my statement that the complete sessions reels for this movie are missing, as confirmed by Ernst Jorgensen not long time ago :cry:. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:35 pm

Rob wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:this grouchy bunch needs to cool down. like e said in a interview we all have different tastes. so don't knock the fans who want it all.elvis has more fans . your'e crazy to say there are less fans. no way lots dude you don't know.how many there are worldwide look there not just one country. cause you don't know it all!e's cds ,dvds records,memorbila stills sells hot. young kids are buying cds and records now. again you don't know what you are talking about pipe down!!the tapes have probily been found for ggg otherwise it wouldn't be done ftd yet. noone knows what ej has found.

this grouchy bunch is all the for one ftd but not to do now for. theyr'e probily not even to go to what ej has found. ggg was to buy all the one country too. elvis has more fans than we are the ones to be there to hate grouchy people.

Thanks Rob ! You nailed it !

Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:43 am

Well I must have asked for that.

OK as i'm supposed to be the uneducated one, and without the aid of google, let me enlighten you Matthew. You CAN change binaural to two track stereo with Elvis' voice dead centre and the remaining channel in 'surround.' I have done this on several occasions, so take it from me the results are fantastic.

You can and have been able to re-pan binaural for years, only now it can be done with powerful software as opposed to recording studios.

As far as the 'dull mono' recordings go there are different qualities of mono. Some have a spatial sound and clarity that are still mono but better than some of the dull muddy monos we have been served in the past amazingly with that terrible hiss from the master tape. All these things can be improved. Sadly things are left as mono or binaural because many people do think they cannot be altered. They can.

I don't doubt your expertise guys but don't doubt mine. I know my stuff and I don't need google to prove it. Thanks for the comments though....

I do like a good discussion on the great man.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:48 pm

milstein2001 wrote:Well I must have asked for that.

OK as i'm supposed to be the uneducated one, and without the aid of google, let me enlighten you Matthew. You CAN change binaural to two track stereo with Elvis' voice dead centre and the remaining channel in 'surround.' I have done this on several occasions, so take it from me the results are fantastic.

You can and have been able to re-pan binaural for years, only now it can be done with powerful software as opposed to recording studios.

As far as the 'dull mono' recordings go there are different qualities of mono. Some have a spatial sound and clarity that are still mono but better than some of the dull muddy monos we have been served in the past amazingly with that terrible hiss from the master tape. All these things can be improved. Sadly things are left as mono or binaural because many people do think they cannot be altered. They can.

I don't doubt your expertise guys but don't doubt mine. I know my stuff and I don't need google to prove it.

Indeed, you must get a kick out of those old "electronically processed for stereo" albums.