All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

yes it is

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:59 pm

... and after only one week in the hot 100, it has already dropped out again.

Re: yes it is

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:50 pm

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... and after only one week in the hot 100, it has already dropped out again.

Ahh yes, but would the date of recording have made the difference is the question? :twisted: :wink: :lol: :smt021 :smt023 :smt073

PEP 8)

Re: yes it is

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:44 am

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... and after only one week in the hot 100, it has already dropped out again.

VIVA LAS VEGAS has only dropped 11 spots down to #105 from last weeks #94 on the Top 200 Billboard charts.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:19 am

Where is the love? :lol:

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:37 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Where is the love? :lol:

where is the answer to the big question?

Is this the DS or the MS? Is it a mix? And if so, which songs belong to which show :D

Will we ever get the answers? :roll:

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:49 pm

I just saw,....Keith has listed it now...yes a splice....
Just wondering where he always gets the infos from.. :lol:
Keith could you introduce me..??..lol..

http://www.keithflynn.com/essential_lis ... 011969.htm

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:24 pm

Keith, where did you get your info from? Are you absolutely sure?

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Jovan wrote:Keith, where did you get your info from? Are you absolutely sure?

No - Just a guess, based on the dates we already had for the songs on "The Legend Lives On" and "Collectors Gold", and also the differences in sound after the splices on 'Viva Las Vegas'. This along with the fact that the "Mononolue" part from "The Legend Lives On", before "Yesterday / Hey Jude", is totally different to the "Monologue" on 'Viva Las Vegas', to me means it's from a different show, probably the Midnight Show.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Just like I suspected, and I really hate when they doing these splices :evil:

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Spliced or not, it's still a kick-ass listening experience. Isn't that right, Doc?

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:21 pm

But really friends... again the question..is it up to us to find out which splices/tapes they use..I mean we pay good money and we have the right to know what we are listening to..is it so difficult to write the dates down..??
Even bootleggers do it when they use different sources ..
I think it`s annoying..really...

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:52 pm

Strange that Sony has not yet spoken to the questions raised here.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Rob wrote:Spliced or not, it's still a kick-ass listening experience. Isn't that right, Doc?

You'll be the first to know -- all signs indicate YES.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:49 am

Until some guys from Sweden managed to get access to paperwork at RCA-Victor in the seventies, we had no idea when and where songs were recorded, what take it was, who played on them, et cetera.
Through the years more and more information became available thanks to Ernst Jorgensen and Joe Tunzi in their "Sessions" books.
Also Keith Flynn is a great help regarding recording information with his very informative and updated site.
Until proven otherwise, I believe Keith's information to be correct.

yes it is a

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:22 am

... Sweden, Luuk?
You mean Denmark, right?! Having said that, they are all Vikings.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:12 pm

strange how that guy (Ernst) who went after the information for the fans and is a fan himself is now NOT providing the same said information?

Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:29 pm

elvis presley scrapbook wrote:strange how that guy (Ernst) who went after the information for the fans and is a fan himself is now NOT providing the same said information?

Maybe he'll include the information in his next recording book :wink:

Re: yes it is a

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:00 pm

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... Sweden, Luuk?

My apologies for the mix up of the countries.
My mind is not 100% due to the untimely death of my mother thursday morning and all the hectic that followed i.e. arranging cremation, phoning family and friends, inform the authorities, arranging transport for an old handicapped lady et cetera.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Luuk -
My condolences for the loss of your mother.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:02 pm

So sorry to hear, Luuk my prayers are with you,
stay strong!!

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:56 pm

This is probably a no-win situation for Ernst.

If it turns out the show is a spliced composite, there will be consumer rumblings since the packaging says this is the "first show," which clearly leads one to believe it's a complete dinner show.

At the very least, there are some telltale signs that this show may be edited.

It appears the horn fanfare at the beginning was edited out (unless Pachuki rolled tape late). To my ears, it sounds like they a.) lifted applause from elsewhere in the show, b.) cut out the horn fanfare, c.) pasted said applause at the beginning of the concert and d.) picked up Tutt's snare crack in medias res to create a false opening, sans horn fanfare. My guess is they thought the horn fanfare sounded dated and corny for a commercial, mainstream release and they cut it out.

Also, it's not clear if the standard (and long-winded) "Square Eye" monologue prior to "Hound Dog" occurred and was cut out. Another possible edit.

Hopefully, someone will be able to give us an answer about the show's pedigree, but it doesn't appear that answer will come from Sony, thus fueling more speculation.

Re: yes it is a

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Luuk wrote:
TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... Sweden, Luuk?

My apologies for the mix up of the countries.
My mind is not 100% due to the untimely death of my mother thursday morning and all the hectic that followed i.e. arranging cremation, phoning family and friends, inform the authorities, arranging transport for an old handicapped lady et cetera.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom Luuk, my condolenses to you and your family.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:04 pm

Luuk, no apology needed in any case! As Bob Dylan said, "I happen to be a Swede myself". And as Tallhair said, we're all vikings. But, most importantly, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My condolences.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Very sad to hear this Luuk - my condolences to you and your family

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:21 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:This is probably a no-win situation for Ernst.

If it turns out the show is a spliced composite, there will be consumer rumblings since the packaging says this is the "first show," which clearly leads one to believe it's a complete dinner show.

At the very least, there are some telltale signs that this show may be edited.

It appears the horn fanfare at the beginning was edited out (unless Pachuki rolled tape late). To my ears, it sounds like they a.) lifted applause from elsewhere in the show, b.) cut out the horn fanfare, c.) pasted said applause at the beginning of the concert and d.) picked up Tutt's snare crack in medias res to create a false opening, sans horn fanfare. My guess is they thought the horn fanfare sounded dated and corny for a commercial, mainstream release and they cut it out.

Also, it's not clear if the standard (and long-winded) "Square Eye" monologue prior to "Hound Dog" occurred and was cut out. Another possible edit.

Hopefully, someone will be able to give us an answer about the show's pedigree, but it doesn't appear that answer will come from Sony, thus fueling more speculation.

Totally agree. At least Ernst kept the monologue in the historically correct place for this mainstream release.