All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

DVD

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:50 am

Getting back to the subject of this dvd; is the Houston press conference the full 8 and a half minutes or has this too been butchered by Tunzi?

Re: DVD

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:30 am

TONY wrote:Getting back to the subject of this dvd; is the Houston press conference the full 8 and a half minutes or has this too been butchered by Tunzi?

TONY wrote:My local stockist (ELVIS.CO.UK) says it's in!!

Ask them.

hot shots

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:09 pm

... Going by the response, only Daz ( you poor devil) ordered a copy of this scam dvd. I hope all others are warned now to keep away from it .
Or will you buy it, Tony, for 3 bloody minutes of "new" material? No, I dont think you will... will you?! Anybody else who ordered a copy, and has something nasty to say about it? I just love the idea, Tunzi in a shitty mood, doing the rounds in Memphis... Yes, he reads our comments here, everyday. And yes, Im an arrogant little bastard. But a honest one.

looney tunzes

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:45 pm

I Have learnt my lesson now thou watching it again :roll:
i wonder what mr tunzi means by " I am closer than anyone to unearthing the pied piper of cleveland footage" Is this a marketing coy to maybe buy vol 4 and /or a new dvd with a 1 sec clip or still from this footage :lol:

Also as a bonus we see more people receiving elvis charity cheques than before :lol: :lol: on vol 3 of this dvd.

i have now cracked the protection on this dvd so anyone want a free coffee matt?

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm

ekenee wrote:so did the latest interview issue come out yet? it was promoted to be tunzi answering the tough questions. I had doubts when I saw this.
He will never answer anything tough.

I get the impression *Diamond Joe* is kinda like Charles Durning's Oscar nominated Texas Governor in "The Best Little Whore House In Texas".

Watch the clip, listen to the song.. you get the pictue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mNDHTfdn1A

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:56 pm

Hey Joe, isn't all this free publicty just AWESOME! I swear it's better than the last publicity you got and that was AWESOME too. That's cos you're an AWESOME guy, Joe

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 pm

:cry: This doesn't surprize me AT ALL! NO WAY will i go anywhere near this utter rip off rubbish!! last night i recieved the Tupelo dvd and book and from a friend! watching that i most certainly wasn't at all dissapointed SUPERB STUFF!!!!!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 am

Well, i got the first Hotshots and was happy.

I was gonna get the 2nd one but after reading the reviews on here i never did.

I was gonna get this 3rd one but (again) after reading the reviews on here i (again) never did.

Sorry Joe , after the reviews of the 2nd DVD thought you had a chance to redeem yourself with this 3rd edition but your greed has damaged your reputation big time.

REVIEWS

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 am

But nobody HAS reviewed it as such yet! Nobody could even answer the question as to wether the Houston press conference runs for the full 8 and a half minutes as per the audio. All I got was another sarcastic answer from a new member hiding behind a psuedonym name!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 am

Tits McGhee wrote:Hey Joe, isn't all this free publicty just AWESOME! I swear it's better than the last publicity you got and that was AWESOME too. That's cos you're an AWESOME guy, Joe

I will be surprised if anyone buys this edition after these reviews.

Only person i can think of would be Trigger from Only Fools and Horses. :lol:

HOUSTON

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:27 am

But if it DOES contain the full Houston press conference, that has never been seen in it's entirety, so that is worth having.

Re: HOUSTON

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:46 am

TONY wrote:But if it DOES contain the full Houston press conference, that has never been seen in it's entirety, so that is worth having.

So you'd buy this DVD for this "Press Conference" alone? It HAS been doing the rounds in collectors circles for years! And being part of the Elvis fan club I'm sure you would have seen it in complete form - otherwise someone has been keeping something from you!

Come on Tony - on another thread you're telling us you wouldn't buy the best selling Elvis album in years!

Get a grip!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:52 am

I have not bought the third volume, simply because I don't like the first two releases. Unfortunately I spend money to buy the first "Hot Shots And Cool Clips" dvd and I thought I got a little too less for my money. I have seen the second volume with a friend and I was happy that I did not pay money for the dvd. Its nice to watch but not too much new stuff and certainly a too high price for the things offered. For ten bucks the "Hot Shots And Cool Clips" releases would be ok, but not for the price Tunzi is asking.

Tunzi

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am

Hey, isn't Tunzi Lichters twin, separated at birth?

Funny enough, when I got that Sinatra Show DVD from him years ago, I was really shocked at the quality. It was - to my eyes - not really better then what I already had on video at that time.
But... he promoted it like it was a perfect picture quality, spurring high hopes among the fans and collectors.

So I decided to write to him and inform him what I felt about his work and especially his not so correct promoting of the DVD. When he wrote back he only called me names! Well then, isn't this the way, people who really don't have much to offer, react, when somebody tells them they are not really worth a damn?

And to Tallhair: "You are so right".
Thanks God the world got Dutch people who care(d) about the legacy of Elvis Presley. You certainly are one of them!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:06 am

After buying vol 1 (ok) and vol 2 (rip-off) I will not buy Tunzi stuff again.

hot shots

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:52 am

... Much nicer avatar, Burger King.
Don't be surprised to see this thread removed in a couple o days. If I dont shut up, King Administrator will take action, and theres a reasonable chance I will be blocked from this site for the 2nd time.... The Toonz can screw anybody, anytime. And no matter what, he will always have the blessings from a certain somebody on this site. They always win. This thread will be labeled "Personal trashing", or whatever nonsens... Let me say it one more time : My attacks are targeted at the lies told by Tunzi in his advertisements for his dvds. Especially his "Holy Grail" crap on the Jailhouse Rock screentest.
Lemme add, there was a time, long, long ago, when he seriously tried to publish decent photobooks. And yes, long, long ago, he actually did research for some of his projects, such as his editions of Recording Sessions... But in the last couple o years its been strictly: grab the money and run! Maybe time, Toonz, to do some serious thinking on how to save some of your once owned credibility. But why worry? You have friends in the right places on this site. And they need you.

Re: hot shots

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... Much nicer avatar, Burger King.
Don't be surprised to see this thread removed in a couple o days. If I dont shut up, King Administrator will take action, and theres a reasonable chance I will be blocked from this site for the 2nd time.... The Toonz can screw anybody, anytime. And no matter what, he will always have the blessings from a certain somebody on this site. They always win. This thread will be labeled "Personal trashing", or whatever nonsens... Let me say it one more time : My attacks are targeted at the lies told by Tunzi in his advertisements for his dvds. Especially his "Holy Grail" crap on the Jailhouse Rock screentest.
Lemme add, there was a time, long, long ago, when he seriously tried to publish decent photobooks. And yes, long, long ago, he actually did research for some of his projects, such as his editions of Recording Sessions... But in the last couple o years its been strictly: grab the money and run! Maybe time, Toonz, to do some serious thinking on how to save some of your once owned credibility. But why worry? You have friends in the right places on this site. And they need you.

I sincerely hope this sort of practise by the forum admins will not be implemented. It's fair game to warm others of a misleading product.

Tunzi

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:24 pm

To TALLHAIR

Thanks for your nice words.
Eerrr... please allow me this question: Why don't you again do some QUALITY work for all of us fans and collectors. You are the man! Your stuff is always HIGHCLASS. No matter what.

But maybe the times are changing. As you said. Some people with the blessings of the right persons in the right places allow themselves anything and get away with it. Sad, so sad.

Re: REVIEWS

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:36 pm

TONY wrote:But nobody HAS reviewed it as such yet! Nobody could even answer the question as to wether the Houston press conference runs for the full 8 and a half minutes as per the audio. All I got was another sarcastic answer from a new member hiding behind a psuedonym name!

YOU were the one who claimed your local dealer had the DVD, so ASK THEM.

As far as I can see, only one member of this mb has the DVD. If your original information was incorrect (which I guess it was) then why not direct your question at daz cav.

And "TONY", please.
Do you really want to start addressing the issue of psuedonym's?

Well do ya "68'boy"?

it totals 8 mins 57 secs

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:49 pm

Hey Guys and gals.. the running time for the houston press conference on the tunzi vol 3 dvd is 8 mins 57 seconds!!
there is a about 45 seconds that were new to me basically the bit at the end where he is stood up while the guy with the trilby puts a badge on elvis and elvis is heard talking about putting on a good show, pleasing the crowd etc!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Hey Guys and gals.. the running time for the houston press conference on the tunzi vol 3 dvd is 8 mins 57 seconds!!
there is a about 45 seconds that were new to me basically the bit at the end where he is stood up while the guy with the trilby puts a badge on elvis and elvis is heard talking about putting on a good show, pleasing the crowd etc!

[b]sounds great daz -
Last edited by karlos on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hot shots

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 pm

... So when did you escape the Funny Farm, Karlos?!
You havent frikkin'bothered to read this thread, have you?!
Can we have a straightjacket for this young man here, please?!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:46 pm

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Re ripped it using dvd ripper and guess what it hasnt done it properly! anyone know a good dvd ripper to remove ARccos protection.

And while you read this message avoid buying it find a free dvd-r (only for this release) that is if i can finally re rip it so a few can watch without wasting your hard earned money!

ripped 3 chapters before the error sign popped up arrgghhh
a big lesson learnt!!

Re: hot shots

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:31 pm

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... So when did you escape the Funny Farm, Karlos?!
You havent frikkin'bothered to read this thread, have you?!
Can we have a straightjacket for this young man here, please?!

[b][b]sorry to upset you ger it must be the weight of your hair clouding your judgement . : :lol:

[b] i meant no harm all i was doing is praising daz cav on his review of the post thats all-

[b][b][b]i am just a devoted elvis fan - like you for many years and i was just putting my point across. [/b -thats all .-

and i do not need a straight jacket as you have quoted on your post .
im just a fan of Elvis and thats it .