All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

"Thats The Way It Is" 2-disc=Crap edition.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:00 pm

Just heard from a friend who bought this new edition today and he
was VERY dissapointed with this release.
disc1 is the same as SE from 2001....that we knew but original TTWII on disc2 is in mono!! :twisted: :evil:
He was also dissapointed with picture on the outtakes.
I`m not gonna buy this now..... :cry:

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:16 pm

you cannot be serious man, YOU... CANNOT... BE... SERIOUS.....

I been dying to get this one most of
all...

Anyway find out from your friends what seems to be of poor quality
re: the outtakes content on disc 2 an let us know ASAP !!!!

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:57 pm

Ooooooooooooh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!
That´s the good news they had for us Elvis fans... :smt022 :smt021

O.S. :smt020

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm watching the 2nd dvd right now and yes, the 1970 version of the movie on disc 2 is in mono.
The extra "outtakes" are:

You don't have to say you love me
Eating secuence
Cattle call + Baby let's play house+ don't
Farther along
Oh happy day
I just can't help believin'
Walk a mile in my shoes
I've lost you
Sweet Caroline
Little sister
Stranger in the crowd
After show party

Picture quality on these extras is far from espectacular, but it was great to see things like Elvis sitting on stage doing "little sister". Maybe all this stuff appears on the several Dvd's that have appeared lately but I had never seen it before.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:07 pm

Crotona62 wrote:I'm watching the 2nd dvd right now and yes, the 1970 version of the movie on disc 2 is in mono.
The extra "outtakes" are:

You don't have to say you love me
Eating secuence
Cattle call + Baby let's play house+ don't
Farther along
Oh happy day
I just can't help believin'
Walk a mile in my shoes
I've lost you
Sweet Caroline
Little sister
Stranger in the crowd
After show party

Picture quality on these extras is far from espectacular, but it was great to see things like Elvis sitting on stage doing "little sister". Maybe all this stuff appears on the several Dvd's that have appeared lately but I had never seen it before.

thanks for info,shame Little sister is cut though.....what did they do,fade out before get back part starts????
Its incredible but we still dont have Bridge over troubled water in stereo on film from august 70!! :x

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:12 pm

So, this is what we get on the 30th. anniversary, and yet another opportunity for EPE and the rest of the gang to say that "the sales of the recent TTWII 2 disc edition was so "bad" that we don´t see it finacially possible to release a new Elvis On Tour special edition on dvd..." GREAT!!!

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:16 pm

Even worst, there's no fade out, the clip ends abruptly... so sad.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:25 pm

geee another negative review of product! amazing! hell if i listened to you people, id never buy anything. sorry but u won't spoil my fun. cant wait for Aug 7th!!

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:26 pm

MB280E wrote:So, this is what we get on the 30th. anniversary, and yet another opportunity for EPE and the rest of the gang to say that "the sales of the recent TTWII 2 disc edition was so "bad" that we don´t see it finacially possible to release a new Elvis On Tour special edition on dvd..." GREAT!!!

Sincerely MB280E

uhhh EPE has nothing to do with On Tour or TTWII. geesh you didn't know that??

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:34 pm

Kylan wrote:geee another negative review of product! amazing! hell if i listened to you people, id never buy anything. sorry but u won't spoil my fun. cant wait for Aug 7th!!

I don't try to be really negative... but when you compare the quality of Disc 1 with the quality of Disc 2 you know something's wrong.
I have bought all the other dvds that have been released in Spain (Jailhouse Rock, This is Elvis, Girl Happy, Viva Las Vegas, Charro) and they are what I expected. Viva Las Vegas has really better quality than the dvd I had before. Simply I'm a little dissapointed because the "That's the way it is" double disc is the one I was really waiting for...

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:34 pm

Dear Kylan...read "the rest of the gang" (ever heard about Warner/MGM and their likes?) and maybe...just MAYBE you too will understand exactly what I tried to say in that post! :shock: If you can´t figure it out read this; why do we always seem get shortchanged when it comes to film material and quality?

Sincerely MB280E
Last edited by MB280E on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 pm

If this is the case, I most likely won't be buying this.

I already have the 2000 SE version and the original version on mono DVD. I don't need it again.

If the original was in at least stereo I would consider it.

A missed opportunity from Warner.

RKS

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:41 pm

I'm with KingE. No Bridge in Troubled Water with remastered pic and sound is an absolute travesty. It's one of the the greatest performances on film, of a timeless classic song. Shame on them.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:43 pm

Kylan wrote:geee another negative review of product! amazing! hell if i listened to you people, id never buy anything. sorry but u won't spoil my fun. cant wait for Aug 7th!!

its 2007 and we should expect quality products when released......if you dont mind mono sound and crappy picture quality then good FOR YOU! :shock:
I have already bought SE and Original TTWII on dvd many times.....damn if I buy this release with no improvments at all.......and since the new footage has inferior quality,why bother......I`m sure bootleggers like STAR could do a better job......
I will concider buying when this release hit the sale bin.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:45 pm

I agree 100% BIA! That song together with I´ve Lost You and I Just Can´t Help Believin´ have been the ultimate defining moments regarding Elvis anno the summer of 1970 to me.

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:46 pm

KingElvis wrote:

its 2007 and we should expect quality products when released......if you dont mind mono sound and crappy picture quality then good FOR YOU! :shock:
I have already bought SE and Original TTWII on dvd many times.....damn if I buy this release with no improvments at all.......and since the new footage has inferior quality,why bother......I`m sure bootleggers like STAR could do a better job......
I will concider buying when this release hit the sale bin.

well i dont have the original on dvd, so it will at least be better then nothing!

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:50 pm

BIA wrote:I'm with KingE. No Bridge in Troubled Water with remastered pic and sound is an absolute travesty. It's one of the the greatest performances on film, of a timeless classic song. Shame on them.

yes,this and the 3 other missing song from TTWII-SE was aired on TCM channel as bonus after premiere of the SE version in january 2001.
It was obvious that these versions was upgraded in both picture and sound and there should be no problem including all of them on this release
Last edited by KingElvis on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Crotona62 wrote:

I don't try to be really negative... but when you compare the quality of Disc 1 with the quality of Disc 2 you know something's wrong.
I have bought all the other dvds that have been released in Spain (Jailhouse Rock, This is Elvis, Girl Happy, Viva Las Vegas, Charro) and they are what I expected. Viva Las Vegas has really better quality than the dvd I had before. Simply I'm a little dissapointed because the "That's the way it is" double disc is the one I was really waiting for...

Please let me know where and what shop in Spain have you bought this dvds, what about This Is Elvis and the extras on Viva Las Vegas and Jailhouse Rock? :?. Thank you!!. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:51 pm

Jeeezzzz that's just maddening that Bridge Over Troubled Waters
has been omitted. The prettiest version of it and... IT's NOT THERE !!!

UN - BELIEVABLE !!!

What happened did Paul Simon and or the publishing company wanted
too much money for the licencing ??!!

Someone from WARNERS has some explaining to do !!!

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:57 pm

Robt wrote:Jeeezzzz that's just maddening that Bridge Over Troubled Waters
has been omitted. The prettiest version of it and... IT's NOT THERE !!!

UN - BELIEVABLE !!!

What happened did Paul Simon and or the publishing company wanted
too much money for the licencing ??!!

Someone from WARNERS has some explaining to do !!!

I`m sure its in original movie version on disk2.......in mono,so it cant be copyright reason.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:01 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Crotona62 wrote:

Please let me know where and what shop in Spain have you bought this dvds, what about This Is Elvis and the extras on Viva Las Vegas and Jailhouse Rock? :?. Thank you!!. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

You can buy them at any FNAC store for 5.95 Euros (single and double discs have the same price).
The extras on Jailhouse Rock and Viva Las Vegas are a 20 minutes short, one about the scene where Elvis sings "Jailhouse rock" and one about Elvis in Vegas... also the trailers are included.
About "This is Elvis" I haven't seen this one yet, disc 1 has the 1981 version with great picture quality and sound + a documentary named "Behind the gates of Graceland" with so-so picture quality.
Disc 2 has the 1983 version of the film in mono...haven't seen this one yet...

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:04 pm

Ahh So Bridge is still IN THERE then!!!. Phewwww what a relief !!!

Still, someone from WARNERS has some explaining to do why disc 2 is in mono
sound and the apparent inferior quality on some of the outtakes as
described by other FECC'rs.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:10 pm

Kylan wrote: geee another negative review of product! amazing! hell if i listened to you people, id never buy anything. sorry but u won't spoil my fun. cant wait for Aug 7th!!

I have a really nice bridge over troubled water I would like to sell ya.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote: About "This is Elvis" I haven't seen this one yet, disc 1 has the 1981 version with great picture quality and sound + a documentary named "Behind the gates of Graceland" with so-so picture quality.
Disc 2 has the 1983 version of the film in mono...haven't seen this one yet...

I haven't gotten this one yet either but I will. The differences between the 2 versions is so minimal that there will be at least 75 % repeat material presented between the 2 discs.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:12 pm

This is Warners way of making a quick buck off Elvis and the 30th anniversary.

They figured - minimal time, money and effort would = $$$$.

Then when we don't buy it they say that since Elvis fans won't support Elvis DVD products we (Warner), are not going to invest in upgrading TTWII and Elvis On Tour.

RKS

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:18 pm

Kylan wrote:
MB280E wrote:So, this is what we get on the 30th. anniversary, and yet another opportunity for EPE and the rest of the gang to say that "the sales of the recent TTWII 2 disc edition was so "bad" that we don´t see it finacially possible to release a new Elvis On Tour special edition on dvd..." GREAT!!!

uhhh EPE has nothing to do with On Tour or TTWII. geesh you didn't know that??

I'm betting he meant Turner when he said, "the rest of the gang."