All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:20 pm

I don't see it as a clever move at all. Sure, many will order these CDs bonus tracks unknown, but these are the same people who order all FTD CDs (myself included). Some, however, will wait for the track listings and the reviews. That said, I hope you are right and that the real reason for withholding the track listings is the inclusion of something special. Both sessions (for "Raised On Rock" and "Easy Come, Easy Go") had backing tracks recorded for which Elvis reportedly never recorded vocals, so maybe one or two of these backing tracks had vocals recorded after all. If so (and I tend to doubt it), withholding the track listings might make sense. As a marketing move, however, it makes no sense.

Mystery Train

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm

JeroenNL wrote: I get the feeling that these releases will be the ones for us to celebrate this special year with.

Just a feeling, not based on facts.

I get the feeling that Ernst isn't releasing the track listings on ROR and Easy Come Easy Go because they will be incredibly underwhelming in terms of unreleased bits.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:13 pm

If Elvis had recorded Leave my woman alone or Colouer My Rainbows, it'd be released on a minstream cd.

I even doubt that ROR will contain the ROR song sesssion....

Why I sing all kinds tracklisting was announced?

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:47 pm

JeroenNL wrote:Never before were new FTD releases so much anticipated!! Is it me or is the tension rising with each day we have to wait longer on these releases?

This is utter nonsense. Just because I've increased my daily dosage of Lexapro, do not sleep at night, walk the floor and constantly check all the known websites that advertise FTD's, does not necessarily mean that I am tense or anticipating anything.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:56 pm

Rob wrote:This is utter nonsense. Just because I've increased my daily dosage of Lexapro, do not sleep at night, walk the floor and constantly check all the known websites that advertise FTD's, does not necessarily mean that I am tense or anticipating anything.

You too huh ?

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:53 pm

John from Woodley wrote:Well, I guess at least it's stopped a lot of the usual bitching.

You should see our reaction once we've been listening for the first time to the weak, lackluster, almost pathetic and in any case below par performance of Elvis on Good Bad But Beautiful, Color My Rainbow and The Wonders You Perform! Seems Kevan Budd is burned out now too...

ROR

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Dream on!! My guess is that a bonus on the "Raised on rock" CD will be the COMPLETE Elvis/Linda Thompson home recordings done near the same time. Some of these tracks were included in improved audio on "Made in Memphis".

Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:22 pm

John from Woodley wrote:Well, I guess at least it's stopped a lot of the usual bitching.

stopped or just...delayed :wink:

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:48 am

perhaps we get unreleased/unedited its different now that was first released on 70s box set?
It was recorded on ROR sessions and previously we got tiger man jam on Today FTD.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:23 pm

july the 9th....any news? :lol:

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm

John from Woodley wrote:
frus75 wrote:july the 9th....any news? :lol:

No news is good news....so they say!

Who is this "they" ? If I see 'em I will give them such a slapping :wink:

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm

What's new, is that Amazon UK have put up "usually delivered in 4-6 weeks" on all 3 FTDs to be released today.

At least they were scheduled for July 9th at Amazon.

Now there's no date at all - meaning that they are released, or..?

Br
Kristian

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:50 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:What's new, is that Amazon UK have put up "usually delivered in 4-6 weeks" on all 3 FTDs to be released today.

At least they were scheduled for July 9th at Amazon.

Now there's no date at all - meaning that they are released, or..?

Br
Kristian

What I Can see they should be released and at Amazon uk under Product details at each cd it says july 9 2007,so they should be out now.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:27 pm

just heard that FTD will start shipping the releases to dealers tomorrow,meaning many people in europe will have them mid week.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:57 pm

:cry: well this raised on rock release on FTD has actually started giving me 'nightmares!' i awoke in a sweat this morning imagining i had the 2 raised on rock discs in my hands... nightmare was their was NO TRACK-LISTING on discs or the packaging!!!!! Geez tell me this isn't true!! :roll:

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:17 pm

I had a similar nightmare, but in mine the 2 discs were identical and just contained the 10 track original album :shock:

These guys don't realise that they are messin' with our minds man !!!!

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 pm

KingElvis wrote:just heard that FTD will start shipping the releases to dealers tomorrow,meaning many people in europe will have them mid week.

First message in this thread that makes me feel optimistic! :smt023 Where did you get that from? (From someone who knows the tracklist maybe?)

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:22 pm

kuenzer wrote:
KingElvis wrote:just heard that FTD will start shipping the releases to dealers tomorrow,meaning many people in europe will have them mid week.

First message in this thread that makes me feel optimistic! :smt023 Where did you get that from? (From someone who knows the tracklist maybe?)

yeah, I would also like to know where you have got that info from