All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Mike S wrote:Harty wrote:
Iam just wondering about the fact, that "ROR" will be a double CD set.


the second disc may in fact be a myth designed to fuel further rumours...we can never be sure.



It had better be more than a myth - all the advertising that has no doubt resulted in many preorders state that it is a 2-CD set.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
Mike S wrote:Harty wrote:
Iam just wondering about the fact, that "ROR" will be a double CD set.


the second disc may in fact be a myth designed to fuel further rumours...we can never be sure.



It had better be more than a myth - all the advertising that has no doubt resulted in many preorders state that it is a 2-CD set.

It's dreadful, everything's so uncertain isn't it? I mean this very post could be the basis of yet another rumour if we're not careful. I don't know about you but the tension's really getting to me now. I simply can't make any future plans or even leave the house until this tracklist is published.

Why on earth should we be forced to wait until THEY are ready to release this information...it's a scandal!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 pm

I pre-ordered all of them not knowing what the tracklistings consist of. I know it's crazy, but I like living on the edge.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:27 pm

My guess is that we will get the original album, all alternates, and maybe the undubbed masters.


The shopelvis site says release date of July 27.


RKS

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Rob wrote:I pre-ordered all of them not knowing what the tracklistings consist of. I know it's crazy, but I like living on the edge.

We can all understand how you've been driven to this Rob---their strategy appears designed to encourage desperate behaviour like this.

Personally, I feel that as customers we deserve better.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:38 pm

I heard that Raised On Rock has about 23 tracks on CD 1 and about 26 tracks on CD 2........

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:I heard that Raised On Rock has about 23 tracks on CD 1 and about 26 tracks on CD 2........


That is an encouraging titbit of info !!! :D

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:My guess is that we will get the original album, all alternates, and maybe the undubbed masters.


The shopelvis site says release date of July 27.


RKS


But I believe this particular album wasn't overdubbed or that overdubbs were very few, except the september tracks and Girl Of Mine.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:I heard that Raised On Rock has about 23 tracks on CD 1 and about 26 tracks on CD 2........


That is an encouraging titbit of info !!! :D



Yes, isn't...a friend of mine is downloading the CD's right now...I buy it of course...as always... :lol: a lot of tracks for an album that only 10 songs on it....

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 pm

Yes, isn't...a friend of mine is downloading the CD's right now...


That's a joke, right? :?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:03 am

JeroenNL wrote:
Yes, isn't...a friend of mine is downloading the CD's right now...


That's a joke, right? :?


No, it is not, Jeroen...

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:08 am

Tomorrow I will give some detaills I hope...

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:11 am

Ton Bruins wrote:Tomorrow I will give some detaills I hope...


WTF ????

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:12 am

WTF ?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:22 am

Ton Bruins wrote:WTF ?


What the F@#k ??

How is this available for download if it is not even out, or even the tracklisting known ?????

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:24 am

Ton,

I'll be looking forward to seeing the track listing for "Raised On Rock." Hope you can give us the tracks on "Easy Come, Easy Go" as well.

Mystery Train

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:11 am

Actually, the second CD consists of Ernst trying to sound like Elvis, singing classics such as "You Ain’t Nuthin’ but a How-Wow" and "In the Geek-o".

Per

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:15 am

Rob wrote:I pre-ordered all of them not knowing what the tracklistings consist of. I know it's crazy, but I like living on the edge.


LOL

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:12 am

I don't mind not knowing the track-listing as long as we don't get shafted by having ALL previously released alternate tracks added on. A method thats been used a LOT before by Ernst has been alternate 1st and later takes issued. Presumably its something like this approach we will EVENTUALLY find out on 'Raided on Rock?' i too note that Amazon say July 9th but it will be fundamentally amazing to FINALLY know whats even on the release, this 'mystery' until its out is a bit like knowing your getting a bike (you dreamed of for christmas) but having NO IDEA what make,style or size or how many gears!!! :roll: crazy!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:56 am

After having a bit of a browse through Kieth Flyns excellent 70's recording sessions i (guess) we may find some interesting stuff on this 'raised on rock' FTD. Reason being that many very early 'takes' have NOT been released(yet) for
raised on rock, for ol times sake,just a little bit,iv'e got a thing about you baby,takes 1-3 not released yet of 'find out whats happening' or girl of mine. yet WE HAVE HAD early takes from take good care of her. Thus this previous policy of giving us very FIRST takes AND a later one could give us something interesting IF? this is how the 2 CD raised on Rock has been compiled-but then have they found any alternates to raised on rock? cannot wait to read what they really are? :roll:

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:18 pm

My friend has yet only a request for downloading Raised On Rock on a certain download-site , is not downloading yet...sorry guys...don't shoot the messenger...I had a good word with my friend.... :oops: :oops:

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:My friend has yet only a request for downloading Raised On Rock on a certain download-site , is not downloading yet...sorry guys...don't shoot the messenger...I had a good word with my friend.... :oops: :oops:


Now THAT I can believe !!!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:51 pm

It will be interesting to hear if this summer 73 Stax studio compilation produces any alternates superior to the masters.

I've always felt that the Raised On Rock sessions find Elvis at an extreme career low point. A "over medicated" Elvis on downers facing a pending divorce and poorly singing a batch of generally substandard material. It's hard to believe this is the same phenomenal singer heard on TTWII a mere three years earlier.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:27 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:It will be interesting to hear if this summer 73 Stax studio compilation produces any alternates superior to the masters.

I've always felt that the Raised On Rock sessions find Elvis at an extreme career low point. A "over medicated" Elvis on downers facing a pending divorce and poorly singing a batch of generally substandard material.
It's hard to believe this is the same phenomenal singer heard on TTWII a mere three years earlier.


Yes.

And what an improvement just a few months later, in the December, when he returned to Stax & cut some fairly decent tracks like "Loving Arms" and "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues".

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:54 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:My friend has yet only a request for downloading Raised On Rock on a certain download-site , is not downloading yet...sorry guys...don't shoot the messenger...I had a good word with my friend.... :oops: :oops:


Now THAT I can believe !!!



Sorry, m8.... :? :?