All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

July FTD Releases

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:46 am

Well this morning I looked at the calendar. Still no announcements about the fourthcoming July releases and their tracklists.

This is very strange, no rumours about the takes, outtakes etc...

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:55 am

It ain't strange at all. They have already announced all three titles and the tracklisting to "I Sing All Kinds". The tracklistings to the classic albums will not be announced prior to the release date anymore. I think that's cool. As elvissessions said, sometimes people are tired of talking about the new FTD titles before they're even released. This way we'll have plenty to talk about when the discs arrive!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:25 pm

cool, buy and order your FTD's before you didn't know what's on it :twisted:

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Harty wrote:cool, buy and order your FTD's before you didn't know what's on it :twisted:

That way you can't complain about them until you've received them. Quite clever really.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:38 pm

But, Mike!!! That's taking the fun away from several here. You know that January, April, July and October are officially bitching and whining months. We always got to hear them start several weeks early. Now they have to wait until they actually get the FTD's to bitch? Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Good gracious, folks, really, we don't have to complain about EVERYTHING, do we? ... Oh, wait, sorry I forgot where I am.

Rob's right, if you don't have confidence in the FTDs, don't order them till the discs come out, the tracks are known and the initial reviews are in.

For my part, I'm not sure knowing alternate take x will be released rather than alternate take x+1 is going to affect my decision to buy one iota. We can expect all previously known material to be released, and the rest of it hasn't been heard before, so how the heck does the random sequence of numbers change my decision to buy?

The latest FTD releases are perfect examples: There are mere scraps of material from these sessions that have been bootlegged before. Anything they give us is bound to be new to us. Therefore, I can buy sight unseen without worry. But if you're not like me, just wait a bit. It will all come clear soon enough.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:57 pm

Rob wrote:
Now they have to wait until they actually get the FTD's to bitch? Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Rob, I hate to say it but you are definitely missing a few tricks here.

If you have imagination enough, you will find any of the following subjects will help to ensure that the 'official bitching and whining season' opens "on time" in the months you specify. Here are some ideas you may like to consider:-

1) How 'unneccessarily' expensive they are
2) No announcement of what wil be released yet.
3) Grounds for disputing the releases that have now been announced.
4) Still no track-listing supplied.
5) How late they are in being dispatched.
6) The fact that the artwork is poor and could have been so much better.
7) How the album title is not only inappropriate, but also so unimaginative. (This last one is only recommended for very experienced and 'seasoned' whingers)

Please note that this list is not exhaustive, I merely offer it in the hope it will inspire you to add your own personal gripe at the appropriate time and allow you to participate accordingly.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:02 pm

I am soooo fed up with not knowing what is on the knew FTDs, and how about the price - sh*t man what a rip off.

The covers are always crap, the mastering is simply the worst in the World, and the titles?? Don't get me started.

BMG should just stick to Greatest Hits Packages. Outtakes are for freaks, and Soundboards are for losers.

Nuff said I think!!!!

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Why the track listing of I shall be released is available? Maybe because knowing the track listing for this ftd is substantial for buying the cd? I am just curious.

Not knowing the tracklisting for raised on rock is kinda cool. Will there be alternates of ROR?

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Frus 75 wrote:
Not knowing the tracklisting for raised on rock is kinda cool.

Now this is a turnaround. Please tread very carefully as you stand to lose a lot of friends this way.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:58 pm

I have to know what I am buying. This is essential for me to continue to live.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:21 pm

A track listing isn't too much to ask for as a consumer.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 pm

midnightx wrote:A track listing isn't too much to ask for as a consumer.

Sorry to disappoint you but we've already had that one. (No 4) Would you like another go?

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:39 pm

Mike S wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but we've already had that one. (No 4) Would you like another go?

Um, Mike, I wasn't attempting to add a "number" to your ridiculous on-going list. While you and others are compiling a "bitch" list about FTDs, at the end of the day, a track listing would be nice for upcoming releases in general. FTD gets way too much criticism from some of you dudes.....

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:05 pm

midnightx wrote:
Mike S wrote:

Um, Mike, I wasn't attempting to add a "number" to your ridiculous on-going list. While you and others are compiling a "bitch" list about FTDs, at the end of the day, a track listing would be nice for upcoming releases in general. FTD gets way too much criticism from some of you dudes.....

Please don't get upset if you can't think of one. Yours was perfectly valid, it's just that we've had it before. Perhaps you'll allow me to help you out here.

13) The CD's should not have been issued with a book, making them too expensive for the average fan, or even...
14) The CD's are inappropriate for the book in question.

You see there's plenty more if you put your mind to it, but I concede most of the 'easy' ones have already been mentioned.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Mike S wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Mike S wrote:

Please don't get upset if you can't think of one. Yours was perfectly valid, it's just that we've had it before. Perhaps you'll allow me to help you out here.

13) The CD's should not have been issued with a book, making them too expensive for the average fan, or even...
14) The CD's are inappropriate for the book in question.

You see there's plenty more if you put your mind to it, but I concede most of the 'easy' ones have already been mentioned.

What an ego....you think your pathetic FTD bash list is revolutionary? Wow, 14 compaints! Keep it going, maybe you'll get to 20! How neat! :D

Some fans actually embrace the FTD label; faults and all. Have fun pal.... :smt039

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:20 pm

Midnightx wrote:
Have fun pal....

Funnily enough that's exactly what I was doing.

In the meantime, thank you for your extraordinary contribution to the cause.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:21 pm

I for one am happy that the tracklist will at least be on the cover of the CD.

However, not to publish the tracklist because of possible criticism (among other reasons) seems to me to be a bit over-sensitive.

Be it as it may, as long as they continue to (try to) publish 12 FTDs a year, there is a realistic chance we get to the most interesting soundboards in our lifetime.

PS: midnightx, I think you overlooked the irony in Mike's list.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:58 pm

kuenzer wrote:However, not to publish the tracklist because of possible criticism (among other reasons) seems to me to be a bit over-sensitive.

This is so true. Pathetic is the word that springs to mind.

Be that as it may - still looking forward to all 3 of July's offerings :D

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:14 pm

midnightx wrote:Some fans actually embrace the FTD label; faults and all.

Mike is one of them (as am I). Go back, start over and read a little more closely this time and you'll find out that you are arguing over nothing.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:21 pm

Am I the only one who thinks it is because of this website that FTD is not revealing the tracks on the upcoming FTDs? I like to think of this website as "the thinking man or woman's" website, where we have a "healthy" and "hardy" discussion of all things Elvis. This website has probably helped sell more FTD CDs than any website in existence today. Personally, I think Ernst and everyone behind FTD owes this website "thanks." After all, we know that BMG is in business to make money - nothing wrong with that - and this website has made a lot of money for BMG.

One day in July, a fan who goes to the mailbox and finds a parcel with the new FTDs and that fan will reveal all the tracks. Doesn't it seem ironic that FTD is willing to delegate that to someone with a postman who makes early rounds? I think we should award a prize to whomever spills the news first.

Mystery Train
Last edited by MysteryTrain on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:45 pm

Mystery Train wrote:
I think we should award a prize to whomever spills the news first.

But surely he will already have his prize....first option on posting a complaint to tell us how we've been shortchanged? After that he may even enjoy the CD, though obviously nothing should be taken for granted on that score.

As someone said earlier, the fun is now is in the 'not knowing'---kinda like a lucky-dip.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:46 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:One day in July, a fan who goes to the mailbox and finds a parcel with the new FTDs and that fan will reveal all the tracks. Doesn't it seem ironic that FTD is willing to delegate that to someone with a postman who makes early rounds?

Whatever happened to the good ol' days when we would eagerly await an issue of a fan magazine (such as TMAHM) to find out information about upcoming releases and bootlegs? Can you remember those days and the excitement building up? Since all information is virtually instantaneous today, that's all gone and people seem to have lost their appreciation for what they have. It is a sad state if you ask me!

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:40 am

Not complaining but no tracklisting, no credit card info. Very simple. As a rule I am happy with the releases but to expect me to shell out $30 without a track listing is wrong.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:55 am

BIGREDG wrote:I am soooo fed up with not knowing what is on the knew FTDs, and how about the price - sh*t man what a rip off.

The covers are always crap, the mastering is simply the worst in the World, and the titles?? Don't get me started.

BMG should just stick to Greatest Hits Packages. Outtakes are for freaks, and Soundboards are for losers.

Nuff said I think!!!!

exhibit A for giving this site way too much credit.