All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:20 pm

hey midnightx,

Ernst to release ALL Aug 1970 Vegas shows would be heaven to me!!!
I much prefer this period than 1969! But aren't you forgetting it was a long
six years since an Aug 1970 show was issued!

When do you expect or anticipate more Aug 1970 material to be
coming?

Let's be honest here, do you really believe All of the multitracked
1970 shows will ever get released? More than likely one possibly two
at max would be sufficent for the legacy that was Elvis Presley.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:33 am

Jamie wrote:I think Rob misses the point here (apart from having strange view on what Elvis material to release). This is not an TFD release it is mass market.

Please get the name right. The person you are referring to is Robt, not Rob.

First of all I never miss the point, and secondly I have all the TFD's.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:37 am

:lol: That´s great Rob

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:59 am

one last point: can you understand not every Presley fan is interested in buying every
concert that E.P gave, particulary if the content and quality remains
the same.

So don't do it - why all the fuss when you've got the choice to not buy a certain product. Things I don't like, I don't buy - even if it's a EP product. :wink:

Joern

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:08 am

hey Joern,

You and I are exactly alike in that respect.

All power to you my friend!

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:24 am

Robt wrote:hey midnightx,

Ernst to release ALL Aug 1970 Vegas shows would be heaven to me!!!
I much prefer this period than 1969! But aren't you forgetting it was a long
six years since an Aug 1970 show was issued!

When do you expect or anticipate more Aug 1970 material to be
coming?

Let's be honest here, do you really believe All of the multitracked
1970 shows will ever get released? More than likely one possibly two
at max would be sufficent for the legacy that was Elvis Presley.

Who knows what direction FTD will take. Ultimately as all of the studio alternates/outtakes are issued, the bulk of FTD's releases content-wise will be live material. Most collector's labels by other artists ultimately will never keep 3 prime live shows by the respective artist in the vaults. Maybe the 3 remaining shows will be a boxset. Crazier things have happened. Will the 3 remaining 8/70 shows be released any time soon? No way. Even EOT still doesn't have a shot at seeing the light of day any time soon. Don't be surprised to see more 69/70 multi-track shows issued in the future; what good are they in the vaults?

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:39 am

Yes it's an appalling state of affairs regarding lack of ELVIS ON TOUR upgrade at the
moment.

I'm guessing the next Aug 1970 complete show would be earmarked for Aug
2010, being the 40th anniversary. Sales of things like VIVA LAS VEGAS (1969 concert) will be a determining factor. There may well be a boot soundboard
of another Aug 1970 that will surface i hope so anyway. To my knowledge, there
has yet to be a soundboard version of Aug '70 on the boot circuit.

I just hope i'm still alive then and can afford all this stuff! Love that era
tremendously!

My friend what's this unreleased Simon & Garfunkel concert CD/DVD you talk about?

Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:05 am

Joern wrote:
one last point: can you understand not every Presley fan is interested in buying every
concert that E.P gave, particulary if the content and quality remains
the same.

So don't do it - why all the fuss when you've got the choice to not buy a certain product. Things I don't like, I don't buy - even if it's a EP product. :wink:

Joern

I'm in agreement, Joern.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:06 am

That makes two of us!

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:18 am

Robt wrote:My friend what's this unreleased Simon & Garfunkel concert CD/DVD you talk about?

Here is one press release about the upcoming cd:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003602100

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:40 pm

ROB,

clearly a simple mistake but ROBT knew who I was speaking to as I suspect did everyone else. It's good to know you never miss a point (or an error) and also have all of the TFD's and FTD's!

ROBT,

I appreciate where you are coming from. I prefer Aug 70 for its variety. I would also love a sound upgrade on the 61 concert which would be a good FTD release if this is possible.

But I also think that the main BMG lable should release more multi track recordings from Elvis' 1969/1970 catalogue. They are worthy of a general release. Other artists/labels do this - I can think of at least two Neil Young concerts taken from the archives relating to late 60's early 70's era that have just been released. If promoted correctly I'm sure Elvis best live material would sell I'm sure.

cheers Jamie

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:50 am

I'd prefer if they got the staples of E's catalogue right before issuing more concerts, like fixing up On Stage. It never dawned on me in 1999 why the album didn't have the same effect when playing it as the vinyl, until the issue of it's flat lifeless dull remastering and over use of NR popped up in a thread about sound quality. That said, I look forward to the soon-to-be released '69 show and hope they release the Aug-1970 DS that patch it up off the TTWII album is sourced.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:08 am

yes and also the other complete Aug 11 show where "I've Lost You"
performance originated from and was
issued on the original TTWII long player would be interesting.
But i still have no intention for another 1969 rehash. I'll be
getting the Simon & Garfunkel one the midnightx alluded to instead!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:34 am

Robt, I bet you last 1 week at most once it's out and everyone on this board is talking about the show, saying how great the sound is, and how Elvis and the band do some song slightly different. Especially at a mid-price point. Just get it for the collection.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 am

studiorambo wrote:I'd prefer if they got the staples of E's catalogue right before issuing more concerts, like fixing up On Stage. It never dawned on me in 1999 why the album didn't have the same effect when playing it as the vinyl, until the issue of it's flat lifeless dull remastering and over use of NR popped up in a thread about sound quality.

Rambo, my friend, you really should get the Japanese paper sleeve version of "On Stage". That one sounds fantastic (and has the correct tracklisting too), just ask Juan Luis and the the other sound experts around here! No need for an upgrade or a reissue in my opinion.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:40 pm

hey studiorambo and Jamie,

Oh I give Up!!! O.K then, provided that this VIVA LAS VEGAS retro
contains an unreleased concert from 1969 (and at the time of
writing, we're not even sure it will, our Mystery Train brother
has raised a very valid point earlier in this thread), and provided
that the show betters previous '69 shows, then i'll buy it and
plan to play this and I SING ALL KINDS back to back on the actual 16 August
2007 date as a mark of tribute to the greatness of E.P. Possibly also buy
a couple bottles of Jack Daniels on the day as i reflect back on what might have
been had he stayed alive. E.P's music will always be in my heart.

But, it does appear to me that E.J is going to the
well once too often with the Vegas 1969 period at the exclusion of other era's. Hey Ernst if you're reading this, did you not consider an August 1970
show for the second disc of V.L.V? Methinks Elvis was a more versatile consumate, all round, confident
performer in Aug 1970. And it has been six years since an Aug 1970
show was last released! When do you plan on releasing
more from Aug 1970?

Finally, studiorambo, i wasn't aware that V.L.V is going to be in the
mid-priced range in Australia? Where did you get that information from
my friend?
Last edited by Robt on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:34 am

Robt wrote:
Finally, studiorambo, i wasn't aware that V.L.V is going to be in the
mid-priced range in Australia? Where did you get that information from
my friend?

Well actually I made an assumption because it's available for pre-order at elvis.com.au for AUD$26.95, which seems cheap for a 2CD set. The set of Elvis At The Movies is AUD$34.95, which seems more like a full price point for a double.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:46 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Rambo, my friend, you really should get the Japanese paper sleeve version of "On Stage". That one sounds fantastic (and has the correct tracklisting too), just ask Juan Luis and the the other sound experts around here! No need for an upgrade or a reissue in my opinion.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Oh you know I so badly want that Japanese CD, but I don't want to give up on the extra tracks included on the 1999 reissue. I figure I'll hold out until Ernst hears my suffering and comes to the rescue. :wink:

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:29 am

robt, by the way, every multi-track recorded show from the August 1969 Vegas engagements should be issued before the EIC audio tapes get the reissue treatment. It is hard to figure out how you can take a position that enough 69 shows have been issued while campaigning for an EIC official release... :smt017

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:08 am

yes midnightx

My friend why not just destroy the CBS masters altogether and get the Estate to do
likewise with their videotape materials.....

Forget Elvis died in 1977 and form a marketing perspective let's say he died in 1975 instead, hey midnightx!

Man i'm sick and tired of waiting for a FTD Rapid City show.
The 30th anniversary has just passed through, a good time as any for
it to had come out.
Last edited by Robt on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:48 am

Robt wrote:Man i'm sick and tired of waiting for a FTD Rapid City show.

OK then, quit complaining, be proactive, and make your own disc, man.

Virtuallly every June 21 track is officially available on Elvis In Concert or The Great Performances. The two unissued cuts -- "Teddy Bear" / "Don't Be Cruel" and "Can't Help Faliing In Love" -- may have their place taken by the June 19 versions found on Elvis In Concert.

See ya!

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:56 am

hey Doc,

Not a bad idea under the circumstances! I'll give it a try and then
let you know the results! There'll be variations in sound qualities that could be
a problem,
as i would be inclined to go with the dvd hi-fidelity bootleg audio rather than
the RCA overdubs applied on the majority of the tracks. "Don't Be Cruel /Teddy Bear" from Omaha?!
No Doc come on?! , it's too poor compared to the Rapid City
performance of it?

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Is there any conclusive evidence that "Viva Las Vegas" will be a 2 disc CD in any country? I notice that Amazon UK is importing it's copies, presumably from the U.S.A., where it will be a 1 disc set. Amazon Germany clearly states it is a 1 disc set. As far as I can find out both HMV and Play.Com are not advertising this CD as yet.

Mystery Train

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:05 pm

and at this time, we're not even clear on whether it will be an unreleased
1969 show or from what date either?

Hey Ernst: a conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words....
John Lennnon, 1974

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:02 pm

Robt wrote: "Don't Be Cruel /Teddy Bear" from Omaha?!
No Doc come on?! , it's too poor compared to the Rapid City
performance of it?

Robt, are you saying there is a noticeable difference in the Omaha and Rapid City performances of "Don't Be Cruel/Teddy Bear"? Elvis had been tossing that medley away for years. Both shows had extremely weak versions.