All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

A Review Of 'Kicking And Rolling Is NOW SHOWING.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:45 pm

I have some spare time this evening and was wondering how to spend it. If there was sufficient interest, I could write you a review.

If you're interested in this, just let me know.
Last edited by Mike S on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:47 pm

At least pm me your thoughts on it. Not so much the show, but the sound. I've heard the show several times.

Mine is on the way.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Your reviews are always welcome!

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Please write a review soon. The sound quality is the main factor here.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:05 pm

soundquality :?: :idea:

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:39 pm

So....after nearly two hours and more than 50 'views,' only 4 members here have expressed any interest....looks like I'll be going out after all?

Thanks to all those who have expressed interest.....oh, and the sound quality...it's very good.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:46 pm

Maybe some people didn't read the board till too late. I would have loved a review as I am waiting to get it.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:08 pm

Mike S wrote:So....after nearly two hours and more than 50 'views,' only 4 members here have expressed any interest....looks like I'll be going out after all?

Thanks to all those who have expressed interest.....oh, and the sound quality...it's very good.

Mike, I just seen your post now. If it's not to much trouble, I would appreciate your review, thanks!

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks Joe and Little Darlin.

Your replies have boosted the interest by 50% and as I haven't made another committment yet, I'll consider it.

Tell you what....if I get at least 10 people expessing interest, I'll do it....how's that?

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:31 pm

It's a deal.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:32 pm

I want to know how it compares soundwise to other "booth" tapes.... in particular the '73 show featured on the first Profile set. Which in my opinion is the best sounding audience recording ever.

JEFF d
EP fan

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 pm

I would be interested in your review, Thanks.

Debs

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:53 pm

Mike

Your review would be appreciated by this member.

Cheers

G

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:37 pm

Well, time's ticking on and I've got to admit I'm disappointed.

This is supposedly a messageboard for serious Elvis fans and almost 70 members have visited this site since I posted my offer. Now I know that not everyone collects bootlegs, or has an interest in live shows....nor that everyone who has visited this site has seen this thread, but honestly....is it really that difficult to find a mere 10 members to commission some informed views on a NEW RELEASE???

I seriously reckon I'd receive more interest from the regulars at my local pub than on here...which is incidentally where I'm now headed.

My apologies to all those who expressed interest, I appreciate it...shame there's so few of you. Cheers.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:38 pm

Why dont you just put a review up? :roll:

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:38 pm

For sure, count me in........would love to read it... :D
Elvisa

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Bodie wrote:
Why dont you just put a review up?

Because the effort involved appears to far outweigh the interest shown and because it's nearly closing time at my local.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:54 pm

Mike S wrote:Well, time's ticking on and I've got to admit I'm disappointed.

This is supposedly a messageboard for serious Elvis fans and almost 70 members have visited this site since I posted my offer. Now I know that not everyone collects bootlegs, or has an interest in live shows....nor that everyone who has visited this site has seen this thread, but honestly....is it really that difficult to find a mere 10 members to commission some informed views on a NEW RELEASE???

I seriously reckon I'd receive more interest from the regulars at my local pub than on here...which is incidentally where I'm now headed.

My apologies to all those who expressed interest, I appreciate it...shame there's so few of you. Cheers.

Well, I'm disapointed too Mike. Why is it that you need people to ask for your reviews ? I saw this post earlier and I like the reviews you write for this site, but I'm not going to ask for them, especially not when it's the writer itself asking for that ! Reviews shouldn't be written 'by popular demand'. Just write the review, post it and, if good enough, people will give feedback and apreciation for it. It seems to me that you need that apreciation on beforehand.

It's not the 1st time I notice this kind of behavior from you, posts in which you 'complain' about a lack of feedback or apreciation for your reviews. Most visitors to forums like this are people who read only, try to live with that. Your reviews are apreciated, well written and informative.

Please don't understand me wrong, it's just my opinion and is not meant as an attack on you as a person !

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:57 pm

I'm not interessted in a review.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:59 pm

Mike S wrote:So....after nearly two hours and more than 50 'views,' only 4 members here have expressed any interest....looks like I'll be going out after all?

So you wait for over 2 hours to find out if anyone wants a review of it?

I think most would want to know the sound quality and the fight scene.

It wouldnt take long to put up a review which puzzles me why you havent put one up.
Im sure everyone who would read it would be grateful but it seems they have to mention they are in a post.

If i had it, i would do a quick review but wouldnt expect everyone to make a comment on it.

A review would just be helpful.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:12 am

Mike DK wrote:I'm not interessted in a review.

Then you are gay!!

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:53 am

He is!! :P Mike, please write review for me, too. I am still undecided Hamlet... to buy this or not to buy... Is the sound good? And design, is it worth to my hard earned 25 EURO?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:40 am

Yes please! Is the review on torrent? Can I have the link please?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 am

I'd like to read your review also. I guess I was one of the ones who read the post and only thought to myself I would like to read it.

Now it is official.

thanks

Mike B.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:55 am

Hi,

i think every big review about new import CD is always welcomed here, especially by you.
Only such review like yours may really help the common fan : quality, length, performance... Will we need to buy/trade for it ?

See You

Vince