Post here all reviews related to Offical RCA/BMG/FTD releases

Two for the price of One!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:35 pm

I thought I would share this, I know everyone but me probably has these albums but this is a great CD I brought in Woolworths UK for the brilliant sum of £2.00 yes £2.00 Bargain! 8) Well there is a catch, track 9 (I’m gonna sit right down and cry) jumps badly, so I took it back to the shop because this is a new track to me. I got the sales assistant to open up two others CDs and play them on the shop speakers but they all had the same fault! Hence the £2.00 I guess.

The rest of the 24 tracks are all fine, if you are on a tight budget like me its still a bargain and a real pleasure to hear tracks I’ve never heard before. Including the original of “When by blue moon turns to gold again” a joy having only heard the 68 version before, blown away by the ending.

It’s on the Exceed label part of the Pickwick group.

Cheers
Debbie

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:00 pm

I guess this just validates the old saying: "You get what you pay for."

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:09 am

To be fair, BMG do have to double packs out - one with Elvis Presley, and Elvis, and the other with 68 Special and Aloha. Both are available for a fiver or so....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1968-Comeback-Special-Aloha-Hawaii/dp/B000HWXTH2/ref=sr_1_123/026-8718773-6852454?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181636270&sr=1-123

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Presley/dp/B000ATJZHA/ref=sr_1_504/026-8718773-6852454?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181636758&sr=1-504

Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:59 pm

Russians released a number of double CDs these two as well, but I have them separately. I got two of the others

Elvis is Back/ GI Blues

Blue Hawaii/Something For everybody

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Well worth it .

i guess a fan is starting to collect elvis cds this is a good start .-

its so nice to see this type of cds available at such a low price - i picked my cd of it from my local shops where i reside. i paid 2./00 gbp for my cd at Woolworths in Bedfordshire .
happy hunting .

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:27 pm

I bought this and other low budget Elvis releases so my daughter can play them in her bedroom.

She is only 6 and loves Elvis.
Last edited by pacer on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Pacer

I bought this has other low budget Elvis releases so my daughter can play them in her bedroom.

She is only 6 and loves Elvis.

Glad you found it useful.

You're lucky my six year old daughter only listens to 'Pop Party' and Mica :roll: Can't get her in to Elvis, maybe shes just had too much exposure. :lol:

Debs

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:02 am

I have tried not to give my daughter too much exposure. Introduced here to a few of the movies and the catchy songs (teddy bear etc). but now she is into blue suede shoes, hound dog etc. There might come a time when she says enough?

She also listens to Mica and all todays stuff - I do to though!

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 pm

Pacer

She also listens to Mica and all todays stuff - I do to though!

Ok, I admit it I do! :D She also like the new Prince Album that we got free the Sunday News paper. Great value.

Also on a trip to Woolworths again, I found them selling DVD's Blue Hawaii, & King Creole for £4.49 or about. I guess this is also good value too.

Debs

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:55 am

It should've been a freebie!!!

For once why can't BMG/SONY try a gimmick like Prince (or the artist formly
known as Prince) had with a England newspaper recently and provide an
Elvis CD as a freebie complete with an educational booklet highlighting EP's
achievements and statue er...stature in the music world?. That'll be an effective way to promote Elvis
to the masses.