All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:05 am

I can understand that such an incident is very annoying. However, I do not see any connection to Marko.

Many of the best import sellers on ebay shared that fate. Seems that one can stay under the ebay radar only for a limited time, in particular when there are fraudulent customers around. Usually these sellers manage to reappear in some way or another.

70selvisisthebest wrote:Well, I just spoke to lilsteph, it appears Marko is on the hunt again, or at least one of Marko's buddies.

It appears??

probably got the idea from here

Probably??

Marko, you suck.

Why?? Marko was annoyed when his DVDs were destroyed by the customs office. He apparently didn't know that in this case the DVDrs were actually the originals, and so he blamed the seller because of this misunderstanding. To say it again, I don't see any connection to the recent incident.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi,

in many live collectors' communities, we have the same problem. The fact is that some "known labels" are usually/temporary releasing CDRs/DVDRs. What makes a label a "real" commercial one (as i say) ? When that CDR/DVDR release can be found on various websites/stores around the world, and when it is using the same retailing system as for silver CDR/DVDR, then it can be added in the "commercial live bootleg listing". A few labels exist/existed, for example Lizard Records (ex-Razor Edge) or Premium (ex Moonraker) released between 1999 and 2001 only CDRs releases. But it was due to the fact that they had problem to access to pressing plants in Italy. And after 2001 they started again to release REAL silver CDs.
The fact is that with internet, this is far more difficult to include such "homemade" releases done and sold by one person. Also around 50 % at least of the japanese production is now on recordable medias (CDR, DVDR).
And as Graham said, some people are selling CDR copies of... original commercial live CDRs... Uggg.

And i'm not talking of the problem of counterfeits/variants.
Fortunately they are not dozen of repressings for each Elvis release, but those are hard to spot. Between a variant (new release by the same original label, usually only very small difference with the original release), and a counterfeit (usually the artwork is scanned, and the design of the disc may be different), this is hard to make the difference... Both are repressings, but one is "legitimate", the other(s) are not. But nevertheless it is fun (when you have the money) to collect all the repressings that exist...

See You

Vince

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:34 pm

70selvisisthebest wrote:Marko, you suck.

Sucks what?

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Rob wrote:
70selvisisthebest wrote:Marko, you suck.

Sucks what?

Don't get your hopes up, Rob. It's a dirty lie. :lol: