London Elvis night this Saturday!!! Urgent Support!!!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Bodie
Registered for: 17 years

London Elvis night this Saturday!!! Urgent Support!!!

Post by Bodie »

Anyone living in or near the London area this Saturday night please try and come along to the London Branch Elvis night at The Minories Pub.

John Talbot (who runs the Capital Elvis London Section of the Official Fan Club) is desperate to get as many fans to turn up at The Minories this Saturday to keep further monthly bookings available.

This is the first time in a few years its being held at The Minories and for anyone who has been before to these nights know that its a great night.

Its a 7pm start £2.00 for members or £3.00 for guests (pay at the door)

64-73 Minories, London EC3.

Nearest Tube Station is Tower Hill turn left as you come out of tube and the next road is The Minories.

Thanks,

Bodie.

TONY
Registered for: 21 years

LONDON

Post by TONY »

Well said sir. This club has never struggled for punters, although tomorrow night's event does clash with an Elvis do in Aylesbury and any fans who live out that way are saying they will go to that one as it's local. As John has had to switch the Capital Elvis events to the FIRST saturday of the month instead of the LAST, it will take people a while to get used to.
SEE YOU THERE!!!

BURBANKMAN
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

DISCOS

Post by BURBANKMAN »

I have heard that a lot of London fans are up in arms because an ex-Elvis DJ from the '80's has reappeared and is talking of forming his own monthly Elvis night in direct competition with the fan club London branch. If so, that's a bit off.

bray1977
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by bray1977 »

I cant make it this month I'm afraid. :oops: I have to work at six o clock tomorrow morning so its not practical to go out tonight. I'll definitely be there next month though.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

TONY

MINORIES

Post by TONY »

Good on you, sir! A report from last night's event at The Minories; I'm glad to say the numbers were strong but had emptied out by around 12.30am, so we wound it down by 1am. As the DJ, I must say the sound system belonging to the venue needs some new connector leads, as occasionally, I was losing one of the channels, thus obliterating The Jordanaires and/or a guitar/piano solo in places!!! Also there was no proper microphone socket on the front of the deck, only a silly output underneath the unit!
All in all, most people said they liked the "Cavern" feel of the place and the atmosphere.

bray1977
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by bray1977 »

Glad it went well. It's definetly London's best Elvis night.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

TONY

LONDON

Post by TONY »

It's the only Elvis night in London; unless you like impersonator events!!

TONY

MINORIES

Post by TONY »

Nearly time for the next London all Elvis event at The Minories, so thought I'd bump this up again. Next disco; July 7th.