All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Pot Luck, not Raised On Rock

Thu May 31, 2007 2:41 pm

Yesterday, Elvis World posted that one of the new FTDs would be "Raised On Rock"; however, today they have changed it to list "Pot Luck."

Could it be that they have changed since "The Man And His Music" went to press? If so, I have no complaints - Elvis' voice was never better than in the early '60s (in my opinion). Eventually, we'll get "Raised on Rock."

Mystery Train

Thu May 31, 2007 2:47 pm

I checked this also and it does now list Pot Luck ...

Weird ... :roll:

If so, I'm not complaining, Pot Luck is a great album, but I would still rather have Raised on Rock first.

Thu May 31, 2007 2:50 pm

to be truth many of us expected pot luck, not because it's a good album, but because it seems that without the exception of today and memphis, and the ocasional 50's tittle, ftd has chosen a continuity approach (is back, something for everybody, his hand in mine).

Anyway, I still want to know who will take audio control of further releases, specially 69-77 albums (after the today debacle).

Thu May 31, 2007 2:55 pm

frus75 wrote:
I still want to know who will take audio control of further releases, specially 69-77 albums (after the today debacle).

Most likely our beloved Lene Reidel :lol:

Thu May 31, 2007 2:56 pm

:smt017

Thu May 31, 2007 2:57 pm

That pisses me off....!

Thu May 31, 2007 5:13 pm

minkahed wrote:I checked this also and it does now list Pot Luck ...

Weird ... :roll:

If so, I'm not complaining, Pot Luck is a great album, but I would still rather have Raised on Rock first.

that was crap :evil:

Thu May 31, 2007 5:47 pm

That does seem an odd mistake to make.

Thu May 31, 2007 5:54 pm

Yesterday, Haruo posted that one of the July '07 FTD releases would be "Raised On Rock" as reported here and elsewhere. For some reason, he has now, without explanation, changed it to "Pot Luck." Obviously, he had a reason for this change. We just won't know for sure until Ernst confirms exactly what will be released. Also, EPE has not confirmed any FTD releases for July yet. I suspect this will all be sorted out soon.

Mystery Train

Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm

from (deleted - see guidelines #9).com :

(deleted - see guidelines #9) (deleted - see guidelines #9) just got the confirmation personally from Ernst Jorgensen that the FTD Special Ediotion 2 Cd for July is "Raised On Rock" and not "Pot Luck" .

Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Excellent news!!! Whew what a relief :lol:

Good old epnotsilverbut...

Thu May 31, 2007 7:18 pm

A lot of fans have speculated that Pot Luck would be one of the next Classic Album Series releases for quite some time, so it is no surprise if it is actually one of the July FTD releases (Ernst is also a big fan of Elvis' non-soundtrack 60's output). Nevertheless, there will be a lot of disappointment if Raised On Rock is put on the back burner as there are a lot of fans of Elvis' 70's work that have been patiently waiting for FTD to give some of these forgotten albums the deluxe treatment. Should be interesting....

Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 pm

KingElvis wrote:from (deleted - see guidelines #9).com :

(deleted - see guidelines #9) (deleted - see guidelines #9) just got the confirmation personally from Ernst Jorgensen that the FTD Special Ediotion 2 Cd for July is "Raised On Rock" and not "Pot Luck" .

You get confirmation from Ernst personally ???

Thu May 31, 2007 8:10 pm

I found this line on the epnotsilverbutactuallyabitbetter site:

"Please also note that in the future there won’t necessarily be the regular 5” digipack releases every quarter."

Interesting...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu May 31, 2007 8:18 pm

Well, it seems like FTD is either running out of material or Ernst is tired of releasing one crappy soundboard after the other. ...... :shock:

Thu May 31, 2007 8:21 pm

"epnotsilverbut"... :lol:

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:06 am

I would have been pleased with the former statement. Still, POT LUCK is just as much a favourite as ROR, so all in due time! Welcome, whatever....
I'm puzzled if the 71 recordings are true? I was hoping a decent "classic" release of that christmas album would have been a nice addition. But, then again....
Also I think that "He Touched Me" is a real classic also, that one would have been...!!??
Even so, if this is it, I'm in!

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:12 am

I would have preferred POT LUCK if only to keep the classic series rolling along in vague order.

But whatever FTD releases is up to them........rather that then none at all.

If we had to go to the 70's for a classic I am puzzled that while TODAY and ROR will be out there ELVIS COUNTRY is being ignored for now.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:13 am

Pot Luck would be welcome, but there has been little attention paid to the 70's material as far as classic albums go, lately. I can wait for Pot Luck over Raised on Rock.

I'm sure they'll get around to a classic album of "Wonderful World of Christmas" and "He Touched Me" eventually...

Axe

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:17 am

BIGREDG wrote:Excellent news!!! Whew what a relief :lol:

Good old epnotsilverbut...

BRG

It took me 2 hours to work out what that meant :? and yes i put it in the search engine LOL

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:27 am

well i for 1 will be wondering(until the track-listing comes out) as to how much already released takes will feature as 'bonus' on the raised on rock 2 CD's and just how much REALLY will be new? releasing this their is most certainly going to be a big temptation to include many already released alternate takes-surely? i'm quite surprised man and music didn't feature a full track listing for the other 2 releases? but i'm most happy if its still 'raised on rock' as its time for that one and 1971 studio alternates we had ALL been waiting for for years!!!...and YEARS! :roll:

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:30 am

Albums are not being ignored, there is only so much work that can be done in a given time frame and there is a release schedule to stick to. Elvis Country, He Touched Me, Pot Luck...they will come in time.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:36 am

Well said Matthew.

Personally I don't really care which classic-album they release.... I want them all anyway (as long as they are being mastered by Kevan or Sebastian).

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:55 am

Sure is Matthew!
I have my own agenda on this. and that is to release as much of the 5o's material before it becomes "everybody's"!
Sad seeing all those 50's releases now, going "everywhere"!
So, let's have the remainig 50's stuff, let on the 60's and please us with some 70's in between!
Get it on E!

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:02 am

Hello,

I am curious if the rhythm tracks for "Good, Bad But Beautiful", "Color My Rainbow", "The Wonders You Perform" and the original backing track for "Sweet Angeline" will be included on the upcoming "Raised On Rock" FTD.

What gives with the title "I Sing All Kinds"? Surely that isn't the final title. Why does FTD tend to overthink these titles when the obvious choice would simply be "The Nashville Marathon Volume 2"? Or simply "Nashville Revisited - 1971". Also what gives with the Christmas songs on an FTD in July? Seems to me that this FTD was bumped up from the holiday season later in the year to now. For what reason, who knows?

Daryl