Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

WHAT NOW MY LOVE - SPOKEN VERSION - DEC. 4TH 76

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:00 pm

just listened to this version of song from Dec . 4th 76 .- great version and very power ful vocally .

what do you think of this song ./- I know it was a good song first performed live in 72- at Vegas , Then at Aloha '73 shows .

Just love Elvis version of this song .-

what dya think of this - :wink:

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:11 pm

This spoken version is pretty good..but it can't be compared imo to the '72 or '73 versions..

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:16 pm

I think the Dec 76 spoken version is fantastic!! Blows me away every time :D

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:16 am

hello friends
on what CD this version ?
interesting! think never heard it.......
lior

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:39 pm

It is from the show on Love Letters From Nevada CD. One of the best December 76 Vegas shows, and in very good audience quality.

Truly awesome power house singing, and very touching spoken part.

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:08 pm

Yep, this show is a winner. It clearly shows that Elvis was still able to produce great concert performances without all the thrown away oldies (ok, he sings a trash version of Hound Dog here, but still.....). Great show!

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:17 pm

Was this the show with Roy Orbison and Glenn Campbell in the crowd? Elvis always admired Roy, and often seemed to rise to the occasion when one of his contempries was in the crowd. The same is true of the Big Boss Man ftd with Barbara Streisand present - he sings really well that night.

I've not heard the CD, but have read positive reviews of the show - in fact, the first few shows of the season, before he twisted his ankle.

Thu May 03, 2007 8:16 am

yes its great show, great import CD and all round 'great' he still had it for that show :lol:

Thu May 03, 2007 1:06 pm

Its a great show, and a great version of this song. I was watching it the other day on 8mm. :)

Thu May 03, 2007 5:28 pm

but the quality is not that good.
Got that stuff on a 2 dvd set

Tue May 08, 2007 9:42 pm

It' s a great song!
In this performance Elvis puts his whole soul in.
Elvis did a few other spoken versions of this song but this is one of
his best versions.

Tue May 08, 2007 9:48 pm

davetcb wrote:It' s a great song!
In this performance Elvis puts his whole soul in.
Elvis did a few other spoken versions of this song but this is one of
his best versions.

No doubt. The other spoken versions don't quite come off IMO, but this one is pure emotion, and is awesome!!

Fri May 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Susan wrote:but the quality is not that good.
Got that stuff on a 2 dvd set

What dvd do you have it on Leaving Las Vegas or Vegas Christmas with Elvis? - I think mine's a good source bought from a collector rather than on a bootleg dvd. I think if you want to get it on bootleg then Vegas Christmas with Elvis is the better source.