All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

How does everybody feel about the song "Charro"

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:55 am

The more I listen to this song, the more I love it. What does everybody think of this particular song?

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:08 am

Joe....what matters is what you think of it. :lol: :wink:

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:10 am

Fantastic vocal, fantastic lyrics, fantastic melody, fantastic arrangement.

Enough "fantastics" for ya?

The Doc can tell you more.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:11 am

Deke Rivers II wrote:Joe....what matters is what you think of it. :lol: :wink:

Yeah I know, I just think it's underrated. Even the song's writer Mac Davis made fun of it in an interview I seen.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:26 am

I heard Mac Davis tell a funny story about this song. He said that one day, I am guessing about the time the single came out, he was in a public restroom. The man in at the next urinal was whistling the song "Charro". It was the first time Davis ever heard someone whistling something that he had written. :D
He said he would always remember that incident.
Just thought you might like to hear the story.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:27 am

Good song.

Wasn't it the only song from the entire movie ??

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:32 am

Greybeard wrote:I heard Mac Davis tell a funny story about this song. He said that one day, I am guessing about the time the single came out, he was in a public restroom. The man in at the next urinal was whistling the song "Charro". It was the first time Davis ever heard someone whistling something that he had written. :D
He said he would always remember that incident.
Just thought you might like to hear the story.

I seen Mac tell that story in an interview, only with his accent, he made it sould like chairo.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:12 am

What do I think the song Charro?

Not that much...would not make my top 300 Elvis songs :D

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 am

KiwiAlan wrote:What do I think the song Charro?

I'd love to see that list! :lol:

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:31 am

Joe Car wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:What do I think the song Charro?

I'd love to see that list! :lol:

All my music is in "Jukeboxe's". The main one being iTunes along with WMP, Musicmatch, Winamp and SilverJuke. My play count of Elvis songs I play puts Charro at 303 over the last 12 months.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:43 am

Joe Car wrote:
Deke Rivers II wrote:Joe....what matters is what you think of it. :lol: :wink:

Yeah I know, I just think it's underrated. Even the song's writer Mac Davis made fun of it in an interview I seen.

Well Joe,
for the record I LOVE it....Hugh Montenegro....Elvis...too cool....makes me wish he had professionally recorded "El Paso", "Ghost Riders In The Sky", "Ballad Of The Alamo", and "Big Iron". I think he could have brought so much more dramatic effect to the latter two I mentioned.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:52 am

I loved that song and still like it quite a bit...the mood, strings, the theatrics!! CHARRO Don't go!! 8)

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:04 am

love the song, one of my favourites! :lol:

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 am

its a wonderful song, i love it

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:28 am

Don't love it, don't hate it. It sounds like what it is a movie theme, not a particular challenge to Elvis' vocal or interpetive skills.

Re: How does everybody feel about the song "Charro"

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:46 am

Joe Car wrote:The more I listen to this song, the more I love it.

It happens to almost all Elvis songs. ;))
I'd say the song is very unusual, it certainly is a gem, I like it too.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:52 am

I like this song very much as well!!!

8)

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:00 am

Sub standard, mediocre title, but that doesn't destract me from liking it :!: :wink: :roll:

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:25 am

I can with certainty it's the best song from the movie. :wink:

JEFF d
EAP fan

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:26 am

It's a great song,one of my favorites!

Image Image

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 am

It doesn't rank up there with his groundbreaking hits. But I've always found it an enjoyable listen. Mac Davis/Billy Strange did a good job of
encapsulating (sp?) the film's storyline in under 3 minutes. Excellently sung by our man.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:36 pm

I think it is a very good performance.

First stumbled upon it on a cheapo 20 track LP called Elvis In Hollywood. All the other songs I was pretty familiar with, but this one was new to me and made me sit up.

It is a great story song, and Elvis brings the absolute most out of it.

Still go round singing it occaisionally :shock:

(lock him up boys!!!)

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Right on, Joe! It's an underrated song for sure. I also like it because it is so different in Elvis's catalogue of songs, just like "Edge Of Reality", another gooood number, boy!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:49 pm

I love that song, just "TURN UP" the speakers and listen to all the drama in the music and in Elvis voice, that goes for Edge of reality too, just like Keith Richards, Jr mentioned it`s another gooood number.
Another that comes to mind is the great Goin home, I like take 29 from FTD "So high" the most though.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:21 pm

I also love the song. I wish Elvis had done more in similar style.