All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:48 am

i m suggesting nothing maybe he has seen this jumpsuit and would like reproduce,maybe someone who s in contact withe him can obtain the true
the why of this act maybe ...
Maybe this jumpsuit come from the imagination of the Shaver brain ?

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:09 am

Christian Before i posted the last time asking about the whether or not the Y suit was faked...... :shock:

I didn't see that you added the other picture to confirm the suit was faked...thanks for posting that ! :wink:

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:58 am

First off, let me state that I know zilch about jumpsuits (not really my thing), but ...........

It's always been obvious to me that this so-called "Y-Jumpsuit" (even posted on this MB quite a while ago) is a faked pic., ....... the likes of which Shaver has done a number of times before.

Some excellent work by some others on this thread that hopefully makes it crystal clear for all to see now.

------------------------------

I will also add:

Shaver has taken movie footage, chosen certain shots / poses, re-touched up / colorized (sometimes quite badly) ......... and tried to pass off as genuine unpublished still pics (technically, they are :wink: ).

He has also sold a number of EP autograph forgeries over the years (going back to the 80's) & one can still find the occasional evidence on E-bay from time to time as these types of pieces inevitably change hands over the years.

Him & Noland faked a bunch of crap (EP personal items) & Shaver even went so far as to provide faked photos of EP wearing the stuff (can be seen in his ELVIS BOOK series). Those same pieces were later sold a number of times over the years thru various auction houses, including B&B.

Others are also correct in that the pics. of Shaver together with EP are faked.

I certainly love Shaver's books, but ..................... let nobody be under any delusions as to what The Elvis World is really like (unfortunately) sometimes.

Fantastic thread, guys.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:06 am

That s are the suits worn during the first two weeks of this seaison

also a black suit was worn during this seaison
i check and post here later

christian M

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:13 am

Everthing you said in your last post here
N880EP I agree with.......

Shaver has had some great books over the years...
some of the best I might add..........

But when he started inserting himself with
Elvis changing this and changing that,
it did change my opinion about him....as it has done
for anyone that does this sort of thing....
and continue to do.

He always had the reputation for being late...
but coming through eventually when money
was sent for one of his books,....

But thats alot better than having a reputation of
making up stories and out an out fraud....
relating to the Elvis signatures....

I have a friend who bought one of his pictures
with the so called Elvis signature, some 20 years ago....
and man I got to tell you it looked like a child signed the photo...
pathetic really.....

What I mean by that is when people make up things or
out an out lie when there is no reason for it, it really
is a shame....

Because if anyone didn't have to do it you would think
it would have been Shaver......

Neverthless the man still has had some great books......

Just wish the last one which was announced back it 97'
would come out some day,...
I wonder if anyone sent him money for that book...
if im not mistake I think it was called "I Shot Elvis"
or something like that.

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:35 am

That s the very rare Black suit worn during this seaison
exposed to Graceland

i me remember also have seen an article from fan who certified have seen Elvis during this engagement on stage withe a blue jumpsuit
maybe this but i really not 100%

OR THIS

Christian M

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:50 am

Thank you, Christian, for pointing out the differences I suggested in those Concha photos. Thats pretty obvious. It´s a shame that Sean Shaver had to do that. He is an awesome Elvis photographer. Why did he havs to make himself look bad by doing those fake photos? He has done many of those.

Many years ago, I bought an original Elvis autograph from Sean Shaver. Needless to say, I don´t think that it is an original any more. Should I sell it on eBay? No!!! It was my loss, and no one else should suffer from that. My mistake.

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to N880EP, (deleted - see guidelines #9), unclefester, Tallhair (he´s not tall, he´s just hair, just all), and all the INTELLECTUAL people on this forum. Please, do not go away. We need you. It is becuse of you that fans like me stay on this board.

Do not go away. WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!

The Fool
Finland

Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:35 am

PEP -

I agree, it really is a shame regarding Shaver & I was really disappointed when I first discovered it all. To be honest, however, ......... I've been thru the same process with a number of others in The Elvis World. To varying degrees, just different levels, ....... it is a common theme. (Some will not believe it even when you tell them, others will not want to believe it, some may choose to ignore it secondary to vested interests, & even others will never believe until it happens to them).

I'm betting we will probably see some more fabricated pics. in his next book, ............ whenever it comes out.

------------------------------

"The fool" -

My thanks for your words, it does indeed make a difference. Much appreciated.

All my best.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:54 pm

The differnece with the two chains being open - AND - the ring missing was because of the audience walk he'd just done, wasn't it ?

You see the chains intact at the beginning of the walk and part way through they've been pulled off by fans.
Elvis either lost the ring during this, which has often been reported - see notes i once saw on EWJ about that, or for safety reasons Elvis took it off and handed it to Joe during the walk.

The audience walk was covered by a number of cameras, i think there is points that are covered by up to 5 or 6 cameras.

I'm not 100% i follow this thread but i take it that it is the Aug 12th MS show that's being referred to here ?

I've got lost in too much of the footage recently to be able to step back and see it all laid out in my mind correctly.

Hey, gotta go, it's xmas day and i'll get my ass kicked for being on here. :lol:

Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:03 pm

Christian, I´m sure that I read somewhere that Elvis wore a blue
jumpsuit in August 1970. But I know it was during August 20th until August 24th.

During one of these days......

Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:27 pm

HI Renan
yes i don t think Elvis wore a blue jumpsuit on stage before 20
in more of this jumpsuit index from 10 to 16
10 OP show Fringe suit
11 DS show Concha
11 MS show Chains
12 DS show Concha
12 MS show Chains
13 DS show Red Ladder
13 MS show chains
14 DS show Metal Eye ...................camera up back stage is installed
14 MS show Chains withe red belt
15 DS show Fringe suit band in white
15 MS show Red ladder
16 DS show concha ? ( not 100%)
16 MS show fringe withe red macrame belt
i have seen the band out the opening show ,is alway in white for dinner shows ,and black for midnight shows
that can help us in researches
Christian M

Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:43 pm

That s is a plan of the showroom
red cross are posted the fixe cameras
yellow cercle are where are many time mobile cameras
and yellow on stage is the camera who appear the 14

Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:01 am

christian, the date for the scaffold at the back of trhe stage is now thought ot be different.

It seems that the aug 13th dinner show had it - see the ending of the original film - Elvis wearing red ladder and filmed from the back from above.

dunno if that changes much though.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:02 am

YES Steve the 13 dinner show don t have the camera up to the back

we see clearly on this shoot the camera back up

and during this other show again the camera back up

we can tell now footage exist from a secon red ladder suit show
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:19 am

Well that's opened up something else as there was some clips I'd seen from what i thought was the aug 12th midnight show where there seems to be scaffolding. I thought that just meant there was some maybe wheeled on at the back, like a trolley, not sure what you call it.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:39 am

I think that's actually footage from the 14th Midnight Show you're referring to Steve, and not the 12th Midnight Show. I have footage perfectly synched up from TWO cameras on the 14th, not just the one from behind the stage, as originally thought was only being filmed!

But I could be wrong! (Only a guess on my part!) :wink:

Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:12 am

Okay, well lets leave that open for now. Very interresting indeed.

do you think the camera scaffolding thing could have been wheeled out as and when required, or do you think it was built to stay put until it was dismantled ?

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:34 pm

PEP wrote:Hi Christian fantastic information !

Enjoyed reading your post and the montage of photos with details....good job!

From your list of shows I guess now we are able to confirm
these pictures were taken during the Aug 13th M/S.

Would everyone agree?

PEP 8)

Those pictures made me think of something... I was just watching some TTWII clips at youtube, including Hound Dog from
the Special Edition of TTWII. At the end, when Elvis takes off his guitar, you can clearly see that the third chain is open. Now,
according to EWJ (click), the performance is from the August 11th midnight show, but when you look at the other performances
from that show, you'll notice that the third chain isn't open in them. So what happend to it?? Did Elvis close it again shortly after
"Hound Dog"? I find that hard to believe, but anything's possible. :wink: Or could the performance actually be from another show?
I know that it can't be from the 13th midnight show, 'cause at that show he wore a different belt with the suit... the original.
So, any ideas? 8)

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:01 pm

CHRISTIAN M wrote:That s the very rare Black suit worn during this seaison
exposed to Graceland
Christian M

I believe i read somewhere that Elvis wore the Black Broduque suite (sorry for that misspelling) on August 19th..DS maybe :?

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:55 am

Dont know how I missed this thread, so thanks to Brad M for posting a reply to make it top again :D

That was fascinating to read and I was wondering if anything new had been found out about it yet?

Also if anyone has that photo of Elvis wearing the Concha suit could they post it please, it's stunning and I need it badly :lol:

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:24 am

sid wrote:Dont know how I missed this thread, so thanks to Brad M for posting a reply to make it top again :D

That was fascinating to read and I was wondering if anything new had been found out about it yet?

Also if anyone has that photo of Elvis wearing the Concha suit could they post it please, it's stunning and I need it badly :lol:

The reason you probably missed this thread was because the last post was made over a year before my post yesterday.
So it was pretty deep down in the archives so to speak.

And can you please be more specific... what 'Concha photo' are you talking about?

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:18 pm

J wrote:
sid wrote:Dont know how I missed this thread, so thanks to Brad M for posting a reply to make it top again :D

The reason you probably missed this thread was because the last post was made over a year before my post yesterday.
So it was pretty deep down in the archives so to speak.

And can you please be more specific... what 'Concha photo' are you talking about?

OOPS Sorry J :oops:

The Concha photo is the on the montage of photos in this thread......the smile on his face is awesome and I would love to put the photo in a frame without the writing on 8)

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:03 pm

sid wrote:OOPS Sorry J :oops:

The Concha photo is the on the montage of photos in this thread......the smile on his face is awesome and I would love to put the photo in a frame without the writing on 8)

That's ok. 8)

I do have the picture without the writing on it, but I don't know if it'll do for you.
It's pretty small and bad quality, as it's just a screencapture, and not an actual photograph...
...but here you go anyway.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 pm

Thanks for the photo J I feel a new avatar coming on :lol: