I'd like FTD to release more soundboards from ...

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

I'd like FTD to release more soundboards from

7%
18%
33%
4%
9%
5%
9%
2%
13%

Total votes: 55

Topic author

I'd like FTD to release more soundboards from ...

Post by Guest »

Another FTD wish thread, I know. But I'd like to see the general opinion.

There have been complaints about the 1977 soundboard recently released. Not by me, though.

A constant wish for more 1970 soundboards is apparent. Is this the majority?

Personally, I'd like them to release all they have from 1975 (that is not already on the market). Not at once, but over the years. Am I in the minority?

And yes, I know that they can only publish what they have. It's not my intention to beg for impossible things, such as buying soundboards from collectors that don't sell them; or to search harder for 1971 soundboards in the vaults.

VOC

Post by VOC »

I'd like them to release remaining multitrack recordings from 1969, 1970 and 1972. Those interest me the most. And they shortly will, with Vegas CD from 1972. I have a feeling that one will be one of the best FTD's ever. :)

- Whisky Woman, Don't You Know That You Are Driving Me Insane -

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

I think what I would like most is a soundboard from July of 1975 everything I have heard from this tour sounds fantastic. Also would love to have soundboard from on tour 1970.

JEFF d
EAP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author

Post by Guest »

VOC wrote:I'd like them to release remaining multitrack recordings from 1969, 1970 and 1972. Those interest me the most. And they shortly will, with Vegas CD from 1972. I have a feeling that one will be one of the best FTD's ever. :)
Oh, of course, I mean wishes for soundboards or multitracks.

Topic author

Post by Guest »

I`d like to see more soundboards from 71, I know they don`t have to many, but one can always hope :)
I`m also looking foreward to the April FTD from February 72 :wink:

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

I'd vote for soundboards from any year - they are all interesting in their own way

Andrew

Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Voted for 1971.
The ones we have suffers from bad sound and sadly, some of the shows ain´t to good either. But we all know from audience recordings that Elvis put on some great shows that year.
How about a Lake Taohe release or november tour perhaps?

That would be really nice :D

Lennart

Renan

Post by Renan »

Voted 1970.

Even my dream is to have the soundboard of the Chicago 1972 concert. Boy, what a concert!

June 17, 1972 Afternoon concert

2001 Theme / That's All Right / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me Tender / You Don't Have To Say You Love Me / You've Lost That Loving Feeling / Polk Salad Annie / Love Me / All Shook Up / Heartbreak Hotel / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / One Night / Reconsider Baby / It's Now Or Never / Johnny B. Goode / I Can't Stop Loving You / Hound Dog (slow version) / Suspicious Minds / Introductions / My Babe / Something / Release Me / How Great Thou Art / Funny How Time Slips Away / An American Trilogy / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

:D :D :D

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

looking forward to as much as possible on CD from February 1972 recordings

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling

Post by ritchie valens »

70-72 are my favorite years. still like to hear march 17,1976 show from sb.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'd like FTD to release more soundboards from engagements that have not yet been covered with decent reelases. "I Found My Thrill" was a good example.

I'd therefore especially like a show from:
- Tour 1 (February/March 1970)
- Lake Tahoe Season 1 (July/August 1971)
- Tour 12 (May 1974)
- Lake Tahoe Season 4 (October 1974)

In addition, I'd like to have a recording of 31.08.1969 OS :wink:

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hampton Roads multitrack - April 9, 1972

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Matthew wrote:Hampton Roads multitrack - April 9, 1972
One of the most sought after shows in the BMG vaults. The show has become something of a legend over time. Amazing that in 35 years, it has never officially seen the light of day. It is also amazing that it took 30+ years for the first EOT multi-track show (San Antonio) to be officially issued on Close Up.

Ton Bruins

Post by Ton Bruins »

JULY 1975 !!!

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

midnightx wrote:
One of the most sought after shows in the BMG vaults. The show has become something of a legend over time. Amazing that in 35 years, it has never officially seen the light of day. It is also amazing that it took 30+ years for the first EOT multi-track show (San Antonio) to be officially issued on Close Up.
Hopefully when it sees the light of day the 'Elvis only' policy will not be in place and Sweet Sweet Spirit by JD Summer & The Stamps will be left in the show.

VOC

Post by VOC »

Thomas wrote:I'd like FTD to release more soundboards from engagements that have not yet been covered with decent reelases. "I Found My Thrill" was a good example.

I'd therefore especially like a show from:
- Tour 1 (February/March 1970)
- Lake Tahoe Season 1 (July/August 1971)
- Tour 12 (May 1974)
- Lake Tahoe Season 4 (October 1974)

In addition, I'd like to have a recording of 31.08.1969 OS :wink:
You mean 31.7. OS? :wink:

Yep i'd love to see shows released from all the engagements you mentioned, but i want to take in consideration what BMG has in their vaults. I don't think they have much (or any) soundboarfds from 1969-1972. What they do have are the multitrack recordings in superb sound quality. So bring those on.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Matthew wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Hopefully when it sees the light of day the 'Elvis only' policy will not be in place and Sweet Sweet Spirit by JD Summer & The Stamps will be left in the show.
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it out, but I sure hope it will stay, because it's an essential part of the show. I love that performance in "On Tour" where Elvis just stands there, eyes closed, totally lost in the music... like a little boy. If they cut that song out, I'm gonna sue them! :wink:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

VOC

Post by VOC »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Matthew wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it out, but I sure hope it will stay, because it's an essential part of the show. I love that performance in "On Tour" where Elvis just stands there, eyes closed, totally lost in the music... like a little boy. If they cut that song out, I'm gonna sue them! :wink:

Keith Richards, Jr.
I agree. I'm one of the few people (i guess) who also absolutely love Kathy's "My Heavenly Father" - i get chills everytime she does it. Great song, great performance! I can understand why Elvis wanted her to sing that. And the way they always cut it out from releases is indeed irritating. It was part of the show as Elvis envisioned it and it should be included.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Why are you guys all asking for a show which has been released a MILLION times in good quality already? On disc AND video?
How boring.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

I can live without the soundboards.

Studio outtakes for me.

Or maybe live stuff if in multi track......

But there's so little left now.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thomas wrote:
Why are you guys all asking for a show which has been released a MILLION times in good quality already? On disc AND video?
How boring.
Because I want it released officially, complete, in the best possible quality. Good quality, incomplete on an import label is not good enough when it is sitting as a complete multitrack in the vaults.

So I say again:

Hampton Roads multitrack - April 9, 1972

VOC

Post by VOC »

I've never heard Hampton Roads show and since i know it will be released officially one day i haven't really gone my way to get it either. Plus many people don't have access to bootlegs, to them this would make a great release.

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

VOC wrote:I've never heard Hampton Roads show and since i know it will be released officially one day i haven't really gone my way to get it either. Plus many people don't have access to bootlegs, to them this would make a great release.
Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, material that has been released on bootlegs should NOT effect what is or isn't released officially. Certainly with regards to material such as that recorded during the April tour when it is unquestionable that a better source is available, and one that is complete.
Last edited by Matthew on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Matthew wrote:
VOC wrote:I've never heard Hampton Roads show and since i know it will be released officially one day i haven't really gone my way to get it either. Plus many people don't have access to bootlegs, to them this would make a great release.
Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, material that has been released on bootlegs should NOT effect what is or isn't released officially. Certainly with regards to material such as that recorded during the April tour when it is unquestionable that a better source is available, and one this is complete.
Always should be this way. Extraordinary shows should be available to everyone and not only to select bootleg collectors including myself.

Jamie

hampton rhodes

Post by Jamie »

I can't believe someone would suggest not releasing a professionally recorded multi track concert like Hampton. This should be a full BMG release. I'd even go as far to say it should be come in a combi pack with high resolution audio on a DVD and the normal CD. If they got the marketing team involved they could also have the full concert on DVD as well if MGM could be pursueded of the financial benefits.

I suspect very few EP fans have the import. This release is a must and we will get it. I just hope Kevin or someone of similat quality gets to mix/master it.

The Chicago June concert sounds fantastic and would be great if a SB existed. I doubt it does as no one has mentioned it before (Tunzi/Ernst) as far as I'm aware. But you live in hope.

Apart from that on tour 70/71 of July 75 for me.

cheers Jamie

Gator's got me Granny.