All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvislennon wrote:Well, I guess you are one of the ones that think Elvis didn't sing The Wonder of You at his last Atlanta show. But he did but only part of it. If you want proof of that I can introduce you to 10 different people who can tell you that he did sing that song. Want there phone numbers and listen to them? Also, I will be getting a video of the complet show that will also prove that as well.

Does this translate to "Sorry to everyone, I was completely full of crap about what I wrote regarding the June 1972 Tulsa show" ?

It does reek of a tall tale! :lol:

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:44 am

Elvislennon wrote: So don't say that the Newspaper company didn't exist ..

Hold on there..... I never said the newspaper didn't exist.
You said they sell all the time on ebay so I checked ebay and couldn't find one.
And if you read my earlier post I do believe that Elvis sang the complete song that night. I do believe it. I just couldn't find the newspaper.
I had read it somewhere else and like I posted earlier I tried unsuccessfully to get the show on CD-R.

And so far there has only been about half the Atlanta show heard so I suppose it's possible other titles of songs must have been sung.
See, i am open minded. You talk of the complete show.
No one filmed all of it with super 8 camera. So are you talking pro-shot?
Sound? Up close? And who filmed it?

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:18 am

elvislennon wrote:Well, I guess you are one of the ones that think Elvis didn't sing The Wonder of You at his last Atlanta show.

I think you are riding with the wrong train here....we are talking about IRDWTK in Tulsa 1972....we will proof this one above wrong afterwards...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:48 am

I think 'I really don't want to know' WAS sung in 1972 at the June tour end, but Atlanta 1976 'The Wonder of You'-forget it!! :roll:

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:55 am

elvislennon wrote:But the cd is not letting me upload it. It tells me error. I am trying to figure out what is wrong.

The CD is causing the problem or the site you are trying to upload to? You have ripped the file from the CD to MP3 first right? There are plenty of storage sites you can upload to if there is one giving you a problem.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:11 am

Quote: I think 'I really don't want to know' WAS sung in 1972 at the June tour end, but Atlanta 1976 'The Wonder of You'-forget it!!

The problem here is that we only have half of the Atlanta show to go by so we can't discount anything.

If someone was to tell you that Elvis sung the mickey mouse club march in Lake tahoe in 1976, you would have said hell no!! Except we do have taped proof of that one.

And Elvis singing "the wonder of you" at the end of 1976 is just as unlikely as "the first time ever I saw your face", "rags to riches",
"such a night", and "for the good times".

And yet he sang all of those songs at the end of 1976.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:36 am

ekenee wrote:
The problem here is that we only have half of the Atlanta show to go by so we can't discount anything.

If someone was to tell you that Elvis sung the mickey mouse club march in Lake tahoe in 1976, you would have said hell no!! Except we do have taped proof of that one.

And Elvis singing "the wonder of you" at the end of 1976 is just as unlikely as "the first time ever I saw your face", "rags to riches",
"such a night", and "for the good times".

And yet he sang all of those songs at the end of 1976.

Makes sense.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:52 am

elvislennon, try to upload the song so we can hear it - that would end the discussion right away, as it is now you don't sound very convincing. So prove us wrong! If there is a problem with uploading it, I'm sure there's people on this very forum who can help you... Have never tried it myself... But what you do is rip the track in MP3 format to your computer using any common media player like iTunes or Windows Media Player, then upload it using for example Yousendit or Sendspace... JLGB does it here all the time :wink:
We'll be waiting...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:33 am

elvislennon wrote:Well, I guess you are one of the ones that think Elvis didn't sing The Wonder of You at his last Atlanta show.

I'm one of those who think Elvis did not perform "The Wonder Of You" on December 30, 1976 in Atlanta. However, I do have a excellent soundboard recording of the entire Pittsburgh show the following night that I'll trade you for your Tulsa '72 audience recording.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:39 am

Elvislennon, you must remember that some of us here consider this as very important matter. I Really Don't Want To Know as a full live version from 1972 would rank side by side to some of the biggest surprises ever. Compared surprises released by BMG as example: Reconsider Baby 1969/1972, Twenty Days And Twenty Nights and There Goes My Everything (TTWII).

Even this audience recording are in poor quaity we want to hear if he really performed it live in Tulsa. Just rip only the song in MP3 and send it to even the administrators and let them load it up if you are afraid of the copycats on this board :lol:
Good luck and take care.

Kenneth

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 pm

The only time i know he sang 'The Wonder of You' in 1976 was during the 2nd show he gave in lake tahoe on 8th May that year(including a false start!) :roll:

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:11 pm

YDKM wrote:The only time i know he sang 'The Wonder of You' in 1976 was during the 2nd show he gave in lake tahoe on 8th May that year(including a false start!) :roll:

It was also performed during the May 7th Midnight Show.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:00 pm

YDKM wrote:I think 'I really don't want to know' WAS sung in 1972 at the June tour end, but Atlanta 1976 'The Wonder of You'-forget it!! :roll:

It was sung there rarther you like it or not. How about I let you talk to someone by phone who can confirmed that. Wanna bet? I say Elvis didn't sing the complete song. He only sung to the point of "You touch my hand and I'm a king". Then he stop and say that he wasn't king and he pointed upwards and say that he is the only king. That someone is now a Elvis impersonator and is picture as the boy who has his arms onstage while Elvis is laying down on his back. That is the person I will let you talk to.
Only people who was at the Atlanta show knows that he sung The Wonder of You at the Atlanta show. The audience recording that is on CDR is not the complete show. The video of the complete show that I will be getting of the last Atlanta show will also confirmed this as well. Also there is 10 different people including the one I am willing to give his phone number out that will say the same thing - That he sung The Wonder of You during the Atlanta December 30, 1976 show.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:28 pm

stefan kock wrote:
YDKM wrote:The only time i know he sang 'The Wonder of You' in 1976 was during the 2nd show he gave in lake tahoe on 8th May that year(including a false start!) :roll:

It was also performed during the May 7th Midnight Show.

Now we have it..no more audio proof availible..!!

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:44 pm

He attempted TWOY at the infamous Baltimore show in '77. Gave up after a couple of lines.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:47 pm

elvisjock wrote:He attempted TWOY at the infamous Baltimore show in '77. Gave up after a couple of lines.

Ah hah, yes that is very true :lol:

Well remembered Jock!! :wink:

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:10 pm

It can't be prove because of the following:

CDR audience Recording is not complete.
VCD/DVD of Atlanta show is also not complete.

Only proof available is the people who went to the show and the video that I will be getting of it soon. That is the only proof that he sung it there.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Rob wrote:

I'm one of those who think Elvis did not perform "The Wonder Of You" on December 30, 1976 in Atlanta. However, I do have a excellent soundboard recording of the entire Pittsburgh show the following night that I'll trade you for your Tulsa '72 audience recording.

He wants to trick you! I am a one of the ones who sent him a copy of the July 24 1975 soundboard, but never got a copy of the Pittsburgh soundboard in return!

Edit: I better admit that this was a joke before before more people come and ask me for a copy. Sorry!! :oops:
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:24 pm

Rob wrote:I'm one of those who think Elvis did not perform "The Wonder Of You" on December 30, 1976 in Atlanta. However, I do have a excellent soundboard recording of the entire Pittsburgh show the following night that I'll trade you for your Tulsa '72 audience recording.

I throught I was the only person in the world who had this soundboard.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:37 pm

Quote: CDR audience Recording is not complete.

Yes this is true. Anyone ever notice that the video and audio have the same edits at the same spot. my theory is that the show was filmed with an 8mm sound camera and the audio was just taken from the video of the film.

Elvislennon, Why have you dodged my questions about the film of the Atlanta show. Please answer my earlier questions, of how it was filmed and by who. I am interested in this film if it is in good quality. I have many items to trade. This show is a great one for sure.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:30 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:elvislennon, try to upload the song so we can hear it - that would end the discussion right away, as it is now you don't sound very convincing. So prove us wrong! If there is a problem with uploading it, I'm sure there's people on this very forum who can help you... Have never tried it myself... But what you do is rip the track in MP3 format to your computer using any common media player like iTunes or Windows Media Player, then upload it using for example Yousendit or Sendspace... JLGB does it here all the time :wink:
We'll be waiting...
shsssssssssss

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:23 pm

ekenee wrote:Quote: CDR audience Recording is not complete.

Yes this is true. Anyone ever notice that the video and audio have the same edits at the same spot. my theory is that the show was filmed with an 8mm sound camera and the audio was just taken from the video of the film.

Elvislennon, Why have you dodged my questions about the film of the Atlanta show. Please answer my earlier questions, of how it was filmed and by who. I am interested in this film if it is in good quality. I have many items to trade. This show is a great one for sure.

Hwo many times do I have to explain the quality? Ok, for the fourteenth time here is the info on the Atlanta December 30, 1976 show which I have posted on my forums including here, my forum, jordans-elvis-world forum, elvisconcerts, TCB-World and so many others. I dodge that question because I am a little tired of answering that question. i got yesterday about 20 emails about the footage. I get that many each and every day for the past four months now. That is why I dodge the question. Find the topic in here because I told of it in here.

Here is my direct quote of the footage that I posted on TCB-World and this is for the last time on here as well.
There is several different angles. All angles you can make out Elvis' face. Some you can see his face but not in detail like some of the other angles.

These are in any kind of order on the angles but it will give you an idea. Most has none of the footage zoom in on him that I remember.

Angle one: Directly in front of the stage but a few rows back. Somewhere between 10 to 20 rows from the stage. Elvis face is in very good detail and no zoom was needed to see his face at all. Detail on the King of Spades will take your breath away. Such detail on that jumpsuit. Badn members are seen with detail to a point. You don't get to see them well since the spotlight is on Elvis all the time or when Charlie Hodge give Elvis scarves and hold the microphone during songs. This is one of three of the best angles.

Angle two: This is to the right of the stage (Elvis' left). ABout the same amount of rows as angle one. Same as before, Elvis' face is in very good detail and no zoom is needed what so ever that I remember. Detail of the King of Spades will also leave you breathless. Piano player can be seen but since the spotlight isn't on him you can't make him out real good.

Angle three: Complete opposite of Angle two. JD and Stamp, Sweet Inspirations, Kathy Westmoreland (you can sometimes spot her), and John Wilkinson can be seen from I remember.

The other angles which is three more are futher back from these three. Has been a while since I have this so I can give you a very good read on this. But I do remember that one is in the balcony. But the remaining angles you can see Elvis' face but not in detail as the first three.

Not only do you hear or see Happy Birhtday to Elvis being sung. Elvis does sing a few lines of The Wonder of You. He stop after the line "You touched my hand and I am King". Then he says that he isn't King and points up and says that he is king. I have talked to several people that went to this show and they all clearly remembers this but when they tell that to other Elvis fans who thinks they know all they laugh in their faces. (Added as of right now and is not posted on TCB-World.) This is the only true visable evidence that this happen. Audio is incomplete. Video Incomplete so you can't count those as evidence due that it is the full show.
But the audio must have been spliced into the footage later on. Because with the different angles it would been different quality of audio each time but it doesn't change. Audio remains the same. Quality I would put as high as FTD New Years Eve or King Goes Bananas.

As for who filmed the show. It was a local TV station who filmed it. This is not 8mm it is much better than that piece of junk of a footage.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:35 pm

I have a 68:17 version of the show..where exactly is the oneliner of The Wonder Of you..??

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:41 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I have a 68:17 version of the show..where exactly is the oneliner of The Wonder Of you..??

I believe it was a little after Happy Birthday from what I remember but I am going by three years of memory. That is how long I haven't seen it. If it isn't directly after Happy Birthday it is near that song. Which that audio/video (What ever the case is) is not complete either you are missing about 15 minutes. Is all songs complete? Is is not a one liner either. It starts at the beginning of The Wonder of You and ends with "You Touch My hands and I am a king". Then he points up and says that he is the only king. The video that is coming to me is about 83 minutes long.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:07 am

elvislennon wrote:It was sung there rarther you like it or not. How about I let you talk to someone by phone who can confirmed that. Wanna bet? I say Elvis didn't sing the complete song. He only sung to the point of "You touch my hand and I'm a king". Then he stop and say that he wasn't king and he pointed upwards and say that he is the only king. That someone is now a Elvis impersonator and is picture as the boy who has his arms onstage while Elvis is laying down on his back. That is the person I will let you talk to.
Only people who was at the Atlanta show knows that he sung The Wonder of You at the Atlanta show. The audience recording that is on CDR is not the complete show. The video of the complete show that I will be getting of the last Atlanta show will also confirmed this as well. Also there is 10 different people including the one I am willing to give his phone number out that will say the same thing - That he sung The Wonder of You during the Atlanta December 30, 1976 show.

Does this translate to:

"I'm going to keep changing the subject to this new line of bullsh*t about the December 1976 Atlanta show, so that you will forget about the pure crap I posted about the Tulsa show from June 1972" ?

You need to clean up your act.