All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:13 am

I Really Don't Want To Know, Live 1972.

I know - I was just kidding. Hopefully, it raised a smile with you, as that was the only intent...

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:06 pm

First known version of I Really Don't Want To Know was on June 20, 1972. As it been said that the local newspaper even said it in the article. Also, I know a person who went to this show and he remembers Elvis singing that song.

Ciscoking - audio for this show is available but it is a very poor audience recording. He can be heard by the echo and you can hear him sing I Really Don't Want To Know. He sung the full song that night.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:35 pm

Many audience recordings are wrongly dated or faked..and/or.. whatever..
Could you send it to me..??..PM me if you want to..

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:02 am

Ciscoking wrote:Many audience recordings are wrongly dated or faked..and/or.. whatever..
Could you send it to me..??..PM me if you want to..

Well, Elvis never sung the full song during 1977. He only sung only two verses of the song. In 1972 Elvis sung the full song. The track list that was provided by Burger King is the exact as the audience recording that is available of the show. There is no Band solos at all happened during the show. Before American Trilogy you can make out Elvis saying "Put the cape on me Charile". Elvis wore the White Two-Piece suit with blue striped shirt along with the Gold Attendance belt with a White Cape suring this show. Could someone explain why would he on this audience recording that Ciscoking said that "is wrongly dated".

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:22 am

I think ciscoking meant that it could be wrongly dated,
because many are

I would think in this case the date is correct. If it wasn't correct, then that would mean he sang the full version at least twice in concert. And I don't that is likely.

I tried to buy this show from a collector one time and he didn't have it in his collection. I am always looking for rare songs in shows.

Many times on closing shows, whether in las vegas, tahoe, or on tour, Elvis used a more relaxed format so this is no different as far as that is concerned.

Too bad the sound is of such poor quality.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:14 am

IRDWTK sung live has been discussed several times. Here is a link from the last discussion:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

According to Tunzi, and in line with Doc, this song was never sung live before May 30, 1977.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:44 am

I'd love to hear In The Ghetto from this tour. Was it complete or just a one liner?

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:14 am

ekenee wrote:I think ciscoking meant that it could be wrongly dated,
because many are

Exactly..

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:18 pm

elvislennon wrote:First known version of I Really Don't Want To Know was on June 20, 1972. As it been said that the local newspaper even said it in the article. Also, I know a person who went to this show and he remembers Elvis singing that song.

Nice try!

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:03 pm

elvislennon wrote:First known version of I Really Don't Want To Know was on June 20, 1972. As it been said that the local newspaper even said it in the article. Also, I know a person who went to this show and he remembers Elvis singing that song.

Ciscoking - audio for this show is available but it is a very poor audience recording. He can be heard by the echo and you can hear him sing I Really Don't Want To Know. He sung the full song that night.

So, elvislennon. We want to hear that poor audience recording? Just load it up? Even, it's is poor we want to hear that. :)

Really Dont want to know

Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:15 pm

Well, I did not expect so many responses to my question. I wish I could have a listen to that bad audience recording that Elvislennon mentioned. It would be great to have a full length live version of that song available in good quality, wouldn't it?

And, err, Doc, maybe we should try for a nice steak. Don't eat me up, ok?

And last but not least, yes I would also love to hear IN THE GHETTO from this tour. As far as I can remember, the last live version was done on February 19, 1971. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Kenneth wrote:

So, elvislennon. We want to hear that poor audience recording? Just load it up? Even, it's is poor we want to hear that. :)

Well, I have been trying to upload it but the site tells me it can't. I don't know why. I bought the CD off the internet about two weeks ago. The CD is call Trouble in Tulsa. The company who made it is call The Electic. It was made in 2004. It says on the front "For the first time on CD, the complete June 20, 1972 show". But the cd is not letting me upload it. It tells me error. I am trying to figure out what is wrong.

DrJohn, why would the newspaper lie like that? The newspaper is from 1972 the very next day. I have seen copies of it on Ebay for sale all the time. Why don't you buy a copy of it and see for yourself.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:28 pm

elvislennon wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
elvislennon wrote:
Well, I have been trying to upload it but the site tells me it can't. I don't know why. I bought the CD off the internet about two weeks ago. The CD is call Trouble in Tulsa. The company who made it is call The Electic. It was made in 2004. It says on the front "For the first time on CD, the complete June 20, 1972 show". But the cd is not letting me upload it. It tells me error. I am trying to figure out what is wrong..

Fu*k, there is no such CD, just shi**y CDR, in other words CDR copy of poor audiocasette. When you will start to make difference? CDR is not CD.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:17 pm

perhaps the newspaper man didn't know the right title of the song and wrote a title that was known to him;
I once read a news paper review about a 1970 concert and the song
'Can't reach you" was mentioned;
don't be excited about a new song>>it was I've lost you

as Ciscoking wrote>> without an audio proof on tape/cdr it's doubtful if it was recorded on this date.

colonel snow

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 pm

deadringer wrote:
elvislennon wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
elvislennon wrote:
Well, I have been trying to upload it but the site tells me it can't. I don't know why. I bought the CD off the internet about two weeks ago. The CD is call Trouble in Tulsa. The company who made it is call The Electic. It was made in 2004. It says on the front "For the first time on CD, the complete June 20, 1972 show". But the cd is not letting me upload it. It tells me error. I am trying to figure out what is wrong..

Fu*k, there is no such CD, just shi**y CDR, in other words CDR copy of poor audiocasette. When you will start to make difference? CDR is not CD.

Well, if this is a CDR then whoever made this can sure fool anyone. This is not a CDR this is a real CD. I think I know the difference. Any CDR has a greenish tent to them reguardless of who make them. CDs on the other hand are silver. Some CDR may look silver but they are not silver. So in other words you stupid idiot, I know what a CDR is and I know what a CD, a real CD is. I might know more about computers, CDs, DVDs and etc than what is in your little finger.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:37 pm

elvislennon wrote:you stupid idiot.

That's not necessary. What grade are you in?

BUTTERCUP!

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:46 pm

According to a reporter at Elvis' 1961 Hawaii show, Elvis sang "Buttercup"!!!! You can read this newsparer clipping inside the album booklet of the bootleg LP!! I guess the unknowledgable reporter meant "All shook up"!!??

Re: BUTTERCUP!

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:46 pm

TONY wrote:According to a reporter at Elvis' 1961 Hawaii show, Elvis sang "Buttercup"!!!! You can read this newsparer clipping inside the album booklet of the bootleg LP!! I guess the unknowledgable reporter meant "All shook up"!!??

According book by Cotten Elvis sung T-A-K-E M-Y H-A-N-D PRECIOUS LORD at the last song of one of his Vegas Aug. 75 shows :-)

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:09 am

DarrylMac wrote:I know - I was just kidding. Hopefully, it raised a smile with you, as that was the only intent...

Yes -- my reply was meant in kind. You're cool, DM.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:11 am

elvislennon wrote:DrJohn, why would the newspaper lie like that? The newspaper is from 1972 the very next day. I have seen copies of it on Ebay for sale all the time. Why don't you buy a copy of it and see for yourself.

What newspaper? Which reviewer?

Since you seem to have this artifact -- you wouldn't make such comments without having a copy, of course -- why don't you post something of substance in this discussion with a scan of the review? Thanks.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:31 am

Elvislennon wrote: why would the newspaper lie like that? The newspaper is from 1972 the very next day. I have seen copies of it on Ebay for sale all the time.

All the time huh? I thought this seemed a little too convenient so I did a search for a Tulsa newspaper in June of 1972. Not one listing found, nor was there any for the last 30 days.

Why would someone list a newspaper for June 21st. 1972 unless some historical event took place on that date? I couldn't even find anything from jUne of 1972 in tulsa.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:44 am

ekenee wrote:Elvislennon wrote: why would the newspaper lie like that? The newspaper is from 1972 the very next day. I have seen copies of it on Ebay for sale all the time.

All the time huh? I thought this seemed a little too convenient so I did a search for a Tulsa newspaper in June of 1972. Not one listing found, nor was there any for the last 30 days.

Why would someone list a newspaper for June 21st. 1972 unless some historical event took place on that date? I couldn't even find anything from jUne of 1972 in tulsa.

There use to be one near Tulsa. I should know I have family who use to live there. They use to get that newspaper. Just because you can't find it on the internet doesn't mean it didn't exist. Example: You will not find any info on the newspaper in Macon, Georgia call The Macon News. Yes, you will find the Macon Telegraph but not The Macon News. I have several newspapers from The Macon News so it did exist. As for Tulsa, I need to call my family who use to live there they will tell me what the name of the newspaper.

So don't say that the Newspaper company didn't exist because the internet is good to tell of newspaper companies but it won't tell all of them including ones that quit making newspapers.
I have seen that newspaper on Ebay but ti never includes the name of the newspaper. It says that newspaper from Tulsa with review on Elvis show of June 20, 1972.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:49 am

elvislennon wrote:As for Tulsa, I need to call my family who use to live there they will tell me what the name of the newspaper.

Interesting!

It appears we can safely assume this entire paragraph is a heaping pile of dung, folks.

Thanks ever so much, "elvislennon"!

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:45 am

Well, I guess you are one of the ones that think Elvis didn't sing The Wonder of You at his last Atlanta show. But he did but only part of it. If you want proof of that I can introduce you to 10 different people who can tell you that he did sing that song. Want there phone numbers and listen to them? Also, I will be getting a video of the complet show that will also prove that as well.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:15 am

elvislennon wrote:Well, I guess you are one of the ones that think Elvis didn't sing The Wonder of You at his last Atlanta show. But he did but only part of it. If you want proof of that I can introduce you to 10 different people who can tell you that he did sing that song. Want there phone numbers and listen to them? Also, I will be getting a video of the complet show that will also prove that as well.

Does this translate to "Sorry to everyone, I was completely full of crap about what I wrote regarding the June 1972 Tulsa show" ?