All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:12 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Marko, your story is unravelling by the second - in fact it's completely changed from the original intent of your post.

You started this post with an accusation that someone was an ebay fraudster because they were selling DVDrs, not factory pressed DVDs, and you wouldn't have bought them if you'd known. You were seeking a refund as the discs supplied were DVDrs. At no time, until when people were giving you a hard time, did you claim that you had never received the discs.

IF YOU NEVER RECEIVED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THEY WERE DVDR OR OTHERWISE? You claim that until this post, you didnt know Star DVD's were not factory pressed, and your complaint was the seller didn't tell you.

Regarding customs, someone from this site kindly sent me a copy of The Hampton Roads DVD recently, and the box had indeed been opened by customs in the US. It was sent on to me with a label on saying "checked by customs" but I still received the package, albeit a few days late. Neither me, or the seller were present at the time. Your story is nonsense.

Marko, how about you post a scan of the receipt you got from US customs?

You're a disgrace to this board, and to good ebayers who are giving access to great material that we'd never otherwise see. I commented earlier that the seller should be upset, was due an apology, and you said that was so wrong, you wouldn't comment further.

I think now, more than ever, it's plain to see a good ebay seller has been not only ripped off by you, but slandered by you too.


Your post is not only full of mistakes but also offensive. I'm not liable to you in anyway. If you're accusing me of something then you better have some solid evidence.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:12 pm

Melanie wrote:

Anyone who sends a package from the US to Europe must at least put a CN11 customs sticker (or other) on the box, where you check the box, usually put a signature, declare the content and value. And the US Postal Service deals with that. American customs usually doesn't touch any exported packages, as they are checked at their destination. There the postal service on behalf of the customs office is allowed to open each and every package. First all packages that are missing a customs declaration (did this happen in your case?), second all parcels that are over a certain value, so they can tax you at your door (value added tax), third random sampling. In that case, if there is anything suspect or they don't believe the value, they ask you to pick it up at the nearest customs office. Were you have to present a receipt, open the package infront of them and you usually get a customs receipt. And if a box is declared as gift, customs is usually not allowed to open the package without you. And I always thought this is the case in pretty much all European countries???


Melania has got it correct here.


In no part of Melanie's post does she mention anyone having a right to destroy DVDr's, and secondly, I live in England, part of the EU, and what she describes certainly doesn't happen here. The DVD that was opened by customs, which I still received, was a DVDr.

Someone mentioned that the seller is no longer registered on Ebay. My guess is that she has been removed for selling the DVD's we've been discussing, perhaps due to Marko's complaint via Paypal, and therefore the Elvis world has lost one access point to the great Star products. I hope she'll be back under a different name, as was pointed out, she had 100% positive feedback, and dealt with members of this board.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Your post is not only full of mistakes but also offensive. I'm not liable to you in anyway. If you're accusing me of something then you better have some solid evidence.


Are you taking the p**s? Your post started by accusing an ebay seller of fraud - and now you're offended?

Where are the mistakes in my post?

As mentioned in my last post, the seller has in all likelihood been removed from ebay through no fault of her own.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
Your post is not only full of mistakes but also offensive. I'm not liable to you in anyway. If you're accusing me of something then you better have some solid evidence.


Are you taking the p**s? Your post started by accusing an ebay seller of fraud - and now you're offended?

Where are the mistakes in my post?

As mentioned in my last post, the seller has in all likelihood been removed from ebay through no fault of her own.


If a seller

1. missrepresents the item in her listing
2. fails to answer emails
3. refuses refund

I call that seller a fraud.

If you haven't realised how many things you got wrong in your post as pointed out by Melanie and I, then repeating it won't help.

Once again had the seller communicated with me contacting Paypal wouldn't have been necessary so it's solely her own fault. Besides you have no proof she was removed by anyone but herself.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:34 pm

And we're right back to where we started:

1. missrepresents the item in her listing


SHE SOLD YOU EXACLY WHAT SHE LISTED - A DVD CONTAINING ELVIS MATERIAL BY STAR! I read her listings, and they were perfectly accurate.

Secondly, I didn't disagree with anything in Melanie's post, as she makes no mention in her post of anything being destroyed.

Finally - no, I have no proof the seller was removed from Ebay, but it seems a very probable assumption, and others here who are in touch with her may well be able to confirm.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:47 pm

DarrylMac wrote:In no part of Melanie's post does she mention anyone having a right to destroy DVDr's, and secondly, I live in England, part of the EU, and what she describes certainly doesn't happen here. The DVD that was opened by customs, which I still received, was a DVDr.


So there are diffrent customs laws in the UK? That's interesting. But the product still can't be valued over a certain price or you have to pay taxes right? What I wrote earlier applies to customs procedures in Germany. I wasn't pointing out wrong things, I just wanted to understand the confusion here, as I don't get how 70sElvisIsTheBest says the sellers declares as gift and Marko says that wasn't the case. Because if you declare as gift, you also put the CN11 customs sticker on there. So did she just write your address? That's strange, as I am under the impression that there are certain laws in the US pertaining to exporting items. Meaning the USPS doesn't let you ship a box without a proper label and declaration.. And my post wasn't meant to support Marko in any way, as I don't think customs can just destroy at will without screening the DVDr. I mean what if it was a video greeting from your relatives or friends in the US? If you are importing a film that's on your country's index, you might hear from a public prosecutor, I just checked. But I don't think this applies to DVDr.

And I don't really understand how Marko went ahead with the auction, if there were still open questions on his part, meaning that the seller didn't answer his eMails. I certainly wouldn't bid on anything, when there are still unanswered questions or I wasn't sure.


Also the seller is still on eBay. When I tried to check the location to make sure it was in the US and I could give my input regarding items from the US, I searched for the seller lilsteph, as mentioned by 70sElvisIsTheBest in this thread. And not with the numbers. So my apologies for the confusion.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:55 pm

And my post wasn't meant to support Marko in any way, as I don't think customs can just destroy at will without screening the DVDr. I mean what if it was a video greeting from your relatives or friends in the US? If you are importing a film that's on your country's index, you might hear from a public prosecutor, I just checked. But I don't think this applies to DVDr.


Thanks Melanie - that clears that part up. I agree with you, my understanding is that customs do not get involved in destroying DVDs on the spot. Can you imagine how busy they'd be, asking individuals to come to a central location to check a DVD?

The UK customs do have powers to destroy, but it's a long process, and is designed to cope with manufactured conterfeit goods, ie fake designer clothing, perfumes, electrical goods etc. And even then, the manufacturer has to register their product and trademark first, so that any goods matching can then be queried. There are currently around 400 such registrations, and I'm fairly sure Star isn't one of them.

Even if they do decide to destroy these goods, there's an appeals procedure for the importer, but I stress again, this is for manufactured goods, and it tends to be goods worth £000's.

Going back to the original seller, I'm glad she's still on ebay. She's done nothing wrong in all of this.

1) If Marko wants to keep a copy and be refunded, what is the sense of making a fuss about it here? Getting a refund via Paypal is comparably easy. Does he really want everybody to know about his behaviour?


Kuenzer, Marko's orginal intent was not to reveal what he'd done, it was to discredit the seller as a fraud, as she hadn't at that point given him the refund he didn't deserve. Perhaps he didn't think that anyone on the board here would be a regular customer of the seller.

His logic doesn't hold up in any way, shape or form, and he has yet to prove he had any legitimate complaint with her. Even if his goods were confiscated, which i doubt, why is that the sellers fault? He's the one knowingly buying bootleg, ie illegal DVD's, regardless of how they're pressed, so surely the risk is his?

It's like knowingly buying a stolen car, and then asking for the money back when you're arrested.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:10 pm

Melanie wrote: And my post wasn't meant to support Marko in any way, as I don't think customs can just destroy at will without screening the DVDr. I mean what if it was a video greeting from your relatives or friends in the US? If you are importing a film that's on your country's index, you might hear from a public prosecutor, I just checked. But I don't think this applies to DVDr.


There seems to be quite of bit of confusion here. I never said the dvd's were destroyed in front of me. They confiscated the items and told that they were to be destroyed. How and when I don't know.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:56 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Kuenzer, Marko's orginal intent was not to reveal what he'd done, it was to discredit the seller as a fraud, as she hadn't at that point given him the refund he didn't deserve. Perhaps he didn't think that anyone on the board here would be a regular customer of the seller.

His logic doesn't hold up in any way, shape or form, and he has yet to prove he had any legitimate complaint with her. Even if his goods were confiscated, which i doubt, why is that the sellers fault? He's the one knowingly buying bootleg, ie illegal DVD's, regardless of how they're pressed, so surely the risk is his?

It's like knowingly buying a stolen car, and then asking for the money back when you're arrested.


We are really back in the square one. I've gone over this same thing many times. You say she told everything she needed to told in her listing. I disagree. I wouldn't have bought DVD-R's. Yes, they were confiscated by the customs and thus cannot be returned. Not really the sellers fault but it is her fault not telling they were not factory made ones.

You're conviently forgetting the thing that would have made the difference all along: communication. As I said before I was wrong about her being fraudulent but this was due to her failure to communicate. I've done lots of dealings in Ebay and never have had such problems with anyone. If the item was lost or didn't fit the description I've gotten replacement or refund. The key issue is to answer emails before and after the deal. Had she done that this wouldn't have had to happend.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:36 pm

Marko my friend, it sounds like a LOT of hard work dealing with you. :roll:

Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:54 am

to answer your question, I dont know the seller personally, though I have bought from her on several occasions. I just thew a softball out there, and Marko took it. The truth is, all you scammers are just alike. You order tons of products. Copy what you can before sending it back, and/or threaten the seller that you will get them busted if they dont give it to you for free. When I was a seller on eBay, I got this same tripe from buyers as well. Yes, there are a lot of s**tty sellers out there, but she isnt one of them. Again, I propose that Marko posts his buyer name from eBay on here just as he posted and still has her name posted in an attempt to give her a bad name, I say Marko, put your id up here so buyers can block you from their auctions if they want to.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:04 am

and PS, you keep saying she didnt respond to emails or refund you, but then you show how she turned around and refunded you. Is it possible she was not around her computer for a day or so, maybe three, maybe with family or out of state, or god forbid, jail. Is it possible that the minute she saw your paypal complaint she took care of it? You keep slandering her saying she was a fraud until you put her under the gun, but is it not possible since she has a good reputation and all, that she took care of you as soon as she could? You got your free dvds, you got your money, whyh are you keeping her name posted as a fraud? She didnt try to pass off factory made dvds as dvdrs, or whatever. Nowhere does it say THESE ARE FACTORY DVDS. Knowing again STAR MEMORY, UNICORN, and what other labels are out there, only do DVDRs, you willingly bought one of these, I suppose hoping that since it didnt say dvdr, then it must be factory made, thus leading you to say she willingly misrepresented you into thinking it was a factory pressed. Again, when you were searching for STAR dvds, you surely saw some reviews somewhere about this label and how good their products are, and how they are all DVDR.....but again, I suppose maybe you thought you stumbled onto the only factory pressed ones... You are a jackass marko. Your the fraud.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:53 am

This is going to be my last post on this subject. I don't see any point going over the same issue over and over again. I've said all I have to say. I've been accused without any evidence of just about everything. I won't even bother to answer these accusations. I could very well be offended by some of the claims here but the lack of any evidence says enough. I have been a member of this board for over 3 years and have posted over 1000 times. I have traded with members of this board and nobody can claim I cheated them. I would have to be insane to jeopardise my reputation to scam a couple of dvd's.

This thread was started with genuine concern. However, I was wrong about thinking that the Star "releases" were factory made ones which is why I changed the title of this thread in the first place. I have also admitted I was wrong about the seller being fraudulent. The lack of communication lead me to this conclusion. I was wrong and I have removed her username from my first post on this thread. Also, I'd like to point out that I immiadately posted on this thread about the fact she refunded me. However, had she in the first place told that she was selling DVD-R's or replied to my complaint, I wouldn't have taken her to be a fraud. I'm sorry it had to come to his.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Marko wrote:I won't even bother to address this anymore.

But then
Marko wrote:This is going to be my last post on this subject..

Come on, man! Do what you say you're going to do.

You have been here long enough to know that the Star DVD's are not originals. With footage like that, you should be grateful that it is available in any format at all.

I certainly hope you sent the disc(s) back to her since she was nice enough to give you a refund.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:41 pm

Sorry to bring this up again, but I needed to add this.

I received yesterday a package from a seller in the US - I live in the UK. The package contained 3 Star DVDs, which by the way, are fantastic.

The package was sent through the USPS global priority service. On the package was a green CN22 Customs Declaration label. The box marked Gift has been ticked, and a desciption of DVDs written.

The point of this is that I received my DVD's, within a week of postage, intact, and customs don't seem to have decided to destroy them.

I guess I must be one of the lucky ones!!!!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:49 pm

Motivated by this thread, I ordered I'll Be There from this seller. It arrived within two weeks, which is pretty quick for US->Germany. The seller checked "Gift" and described the content as "used DVD". It got a stamp from the German customs office, and it went through without problems. And I was charged less for p&p than it actually cost, which is rare on Ebay.

The two DVDrs themselves are great. 50 songs, only about three of them presented as a montage, the rest of them sung live (on stage or rehearsal). All of them complete. I recommend it. :smt023

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:21 am

Kuenzer - I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I'm sure the seller who was ripped off by the originator of this thread was glad of your support.

Just goes to show she is doing things properly, and there's no issue with American, or European customs.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Kuenzer - I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I'm sure the seller who was ripped off by the originator of this thread was glad of your support.

Just goes to show she is doing things properly, and there's no issue with American, or European customs.


There was no problem with the US and the German customs. I did not have to get it through the Finnish customs. I think Marko's story is in fact believable:

Marko wrote:2. Customs in Finland take it for some reason (random check or what ever reason).
3. They ask you to come and collect it.
4. They ask you to open the parcel in front of them so that they can see what's in it.
5. Customs and I see that they are DVD-R's
6. Customs confiscate and destroy them.


But yes, the seller is doing things properly, and I am very happy with it. She can't label the DVDs as DVD-Rs on Ebay, for that's asking for trouble, and she can't hinder Finnish customs from destroying whatever they want to destroy. Such a case is really bad luck. :(

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:18 pm

What is the difference on e-bay with labelling something as a DVD-R?

Irrespective of the content (its either copyright infringing whether on DVD or DVD-R or not) I don't see that it's legally wrong to sell a DVD-R just because it's a DVD-R.

Okay, to turn it around from the other end, if i made a DVD-R of my holiday video I took is it breaking e-bay rules if I sell it as a DVD-R but it's not breaking rules if I put it on a factory pressed DVD ?

Just for the record, I've never sold a DVD or DVD-R on ebay so I've never looked into the rules of it hence my ignorance and my questions to overturn said ignorance.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:49 pm

Steve,

As always, a good question. I'm not 100% of the answer, but i'll give it a crack.

As an example, I own, and paid for, an original BMW DVD for my Sat Nav in my car. If I try and sell a copy of that for other people, be it on DVD-R, or if I have some factory pressed, it's illegal due to copyright, and my listing will be removed.

The STAR DVD's are breaching on 2 counts. Firstly, they are illegal anyway, as they are in breach of copyright, but if a 3rd party seller is advertising them as DVD-Rs, then EBAY will assume that they are copies of an original product, regardless of how that original product was produced, and remove the listing.

With regards to your holiday material, I'm not sure how that would work. I guess as you would own the copyright, it'd be your decision, but you might find yourself having to argue your case and prove it.

Ebay have clamped down of late, and any listing that advertises a COPY of something is generally scrutinised, and usually removed. You can sometimes get things on a 24 hour listing with a buy it now option that sneak through the net, but not often!

It's the same with software, music, DVDs etc etc.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:34 pm

Steve_M wrote: I don't see that it's legally wrong to sell a DVD-R just because it's a DVD-R.


It isn't. There is nothing inherently wrong with selling a DVD-R on Ebay, provided the contents don't breach copyright. Your holiday video would be perfectly acceptable to sell and would not be removed. Not sure there would be many takers for it though :wink:

It's the content that determines whether a DVD-R will be removed. For example, Ebay might not even know that an Elvis DVD called Love Coming Down breaches copyright, because they might assume it's an official release. However, if listed as DVD-R, there is no doubt that it breaches copyright, because it must therefore either be an unofficial title or a copy of an official title.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:07 pm

TJ wrote:
Steve_M wrote: I don't see that it's legally wrong to sell a DVD-R just because it's a DVD-R.


It isn't. There is nothing inherently wrong with selling a DVD-R on Ebay, provided the contents don't breach copyright. Your holiday video would be perfectly acceptable to sell and would not be removed. Not sure there would be many takers for it though :wink:

It's the content that determines whether a DVD-R will be removed. For example, Ebay might not even know that an Elvis DVD called Love Coming Down breaches copyright, because they might assume it's an official release. However, if listed as DVD-R, there is no doubt that it breaches copyright, because it must therefore either be an unofficial title or a copy of an official title.


This is ebays policy in a nutshell. I don't agree with it, bit there you go!!

CD-Rs, DVD-Rs, or any other forms of recordable media may not be listed on eBay unless they are blank.

Exception
Sellers may list copies of software, music, movies, television programmes, or games on CD-R, DVD-R (or other forms of recordable media) where:

the seller is the copyright owner; or
the underlying material is in the public domain

eBay Guideline:
If you are the copyright owner of the material you are offering on CD-R or DVD-R, make sure you say so in your listing!

Examples

A local band decides to release its latest album on CD-R. The band may list the album on eBay so long as it is clear from the listing that the band is the copyright owner.
A buyer purchases an album on eBay that was released by a local band on CD-R. The buyer may not list the album on eBay, even though the band released the album on CD-R, because it violates eBay's Recordable Media policy.

Warning
Listings violating eBay's Recordable Media policy may be ended early by eBay. Multiple violations of eBay's Recordable Media policy could result in the suspension of your account.



Edited on a full check of the policy!!!
Last edited by BigredG on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:13 pm

BIGREDG wrote:CD-Rs, DVD-Rs, or any other forms of recordable media may not be listed on eBay unless they are blank.


Or unless they contain material where copyright isn't an issue. There's a growing market in home-produced instructional DVDs etc.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 pm

sorry to bring this topic up again, but I felt it was pertinent. Well, I just spoke to lilsteph, it appears Marko is on the hunt again, or at least one of Marko's buddies. It seems a person that had bought from her about 3 months ago pulled the exact same crap as Marko did (probably got the idea from here, Ceyda Kara!) that bought about $150 of dvds from her off of eBay. Then turned around and complained that they were DVD-R (Even though its the ONLY format these titles appear in) and had all items removeed/banned and gave lilsteph a strike, only to keep all of the dvds for herself and the full refund. Then this week, CEYDA KARA aka "millionairesboutique" on eBay decided to buy over $100 again and then immediately reported the items as fraudulent, meaning this ass deliberately sought out lilsteph on her just to screw her and everyone else that buys dvds from her. Now as a result, lilsteph is permenantly banned. I pray she gets back on somehow, as she had at least 7 titles I was looking to buy. Marko, you suck. CEYDA KARA, you really suck, and any of the other ebay buyers that are scammers.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:08 pm

70selvisisthebest wrote:sorry to bring this topic up again, but I felt it was pertinent. Well, I just spoke to lilsteph, it appears Marko is on the hunt again, or at least one of Marko's buddies. It seems a person that had bought from her about 3 months ago pulled the exact same crap as Marko did (probably got the idea from here, Ceyda Kara!) that bought about $150 of dvds from her off of eBay. Then turned around and complained that they were DVD-R (Even though its the ONLY format these titles appear in) and had all items removeed/banned and gave lilsteph a strike, only to keep all of the dvds for herself and the full refund. Then this week, CEYDA KARA aka "millionairesboutique" on eBay decided to buy over $100 again and then immediately reported the items as fraudulent, meaning this ass deliberately sought out lilsteph on her just to screw her and everyone else that buys dvds from her. Now as a result, lilsteph is permenantly banned. I pray she gets back on somehow, as she had at least 7 titles I was looking to buy. Marko, you suck. CEYDA KARA, you really suck, and any of the other ebay buyers that are scammers.


I have no idea what this person is on about but I want to make it absolutely clear that I have nothing to do with this. I strongly resent these accusations which are being made without any proof. I would like also to point out that they are against boards guidelines.

administrator wrote:We have added the guidelines again.
Also, it seems that some persons didn't read our thread "Warning from the Anti-Piracy Internet Police !"
It means we have to delete some post.

Messages that doesn't follow these rules will be deleted without any warnings

1- If you have a complaint or commentaries concerning the board then send us an e-mail at fecc@elvis-collectors.com . Don't try to lecture us on the board about what we should or not do.

2- Use of bad language : It's possible to disagree with someone without cussing or the likes.

3- Personal attacks

4- Political or/and religious debates could be deleted without any warnings.

5- Do not fight any personal wars on this board.

6- Complete irrelevant threads.

7- Do not mention names or email-adresses of persons when they might be getting problems, no matter who this person is or what these problems are.

8- Advertisement : Repetitive advertisements for selling or for plugging a website ( including "bumping of the threads" back on top ) could be also deleted.

9- Links : You can link about everything in here but keep it clean. If you see a thread disappear, then it most likely contained a " forbidden link " and / or contain a product we don't want to see on our forum.

10- Using a board member identity for causing problems on a thread by example will have the messages deleted and blocked access to this board.

11- Downloads, streaming videos and other links to copyrighted material. Consequently it will be now PROHIBITED to advertise the sales / trades of illegal products on this Forum. The download of " songs " is also prohibited from an FTP server or from any other sources if linked on our forum.

Enjoy your stay and treat everyone with respect.