All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Re: elvis & dean

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:37 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Elvis recorded Its now or Never in 60, amigo's.

It was based on a hit from Tony "something" from around 58/ 59.

... Dino [ bless him] cut his Theres no tomorrow in 61, as I have just

learned from a previous mail.

Thanks for the info Ger.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:17 pm

Sorry, Doc. I was referring to maintaining a weekly television show as opposed to the occasional appearance or television special. It's pure speculation but I think Elvis would have been into the roast concept if he hadn't been so isolated from everyone but his inner circle. The sharp one-liners seem to be in line with the few examples of his humor that are out there. He certainly would have been more into that than a lot of the films he did or some of the music he made in the mid-60's.

Re: Elvis & Dean Martin

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Sorry to bring this old topic up, but I didn't wanna start a new thread.
So, is there anything "new" known about Elvis and Dean?
I kinda wonder, and this might be very far away from the truth, if Sinatra ever thought about making Elvis a member of the Rat Pack after he returned from the army as there were a few connections, even if small ones, like the "Welcome home"-show, Elvis starring in G.I. Blues with Juliet Prowse, the meeting with Dean and of course Sammy Davis liked Elvis very much and did meet him as early as "King Creole".

BTW I think Elvis singing on "Moonlight swim" is very much inspired by Dino's.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Rocker wrote:Sorry to bring this old topic up, but I didn't wanna start a new thread.
So, is there anything "new" known about Elvis and Dean?
I kinda wonder, and this might be very far away from the truth, if Sinatra ever thought about making Elvis a member of the Rat Pack after he returned from the army as there were a few connections, even if small ones, like the "Welcome home"-show, Elvis starring in G.I. Blues with Juliet Prowse, the meeting with Dean and of course Sammy Davis liked Elvis very much and did meet him as early as "King Creole".

BTW I think Elvis singing on "Moonlight swim" is very much inspired by Dino's.

Dean Martins daughter talks about Elvis and her Dad here

Correct link

http://blog.blogtalkradio.com/celebriti ... king-cool/

http://www.deanamartin.com/Bio/

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 am

I didn't see this mentioned in this thread but I believe to have heard an audience recording of Elvis doing "If", which Dino also recorded.

BTW maybe you're interested in this:

phpBB [video]