The Last Farewell box set

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Well IF this is true that ONE mother%&^% "collector" has that soundbaord tape (which, by the way is a thief, since the tapes of the sownboard shows belong to EPE, RCA or whatever company owns the rights to Elvis' official recordings, so whoever took the tape... stole it. let's all sue him, hehehe)

Otherwise, our only hope is that this guy dies soon and that his family will have the brain to give/sell the tape to FTD or RCA or EPE, or whoever WILL release it, as a REAL fan would do.

Remember the Aloha cape that was given by Elvis at the end of the show?
When the owner died the family returned the cape to Graceland for everyone to see and enjoy.

Now THAT is sharing....

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

Why would anyone want to hear a flat and dry soundboard when there's a wonderfully atmospheric audience recording (Adios) out there?

Whatever vocal problems Elvis might have had are effectively lost. Furthermore, the recording still gives me goosepumps, especially during the opening, Bridge Over Troubled Water and Hurt: it's as if I was there...

Renan

Post by Renan »

elvis3577 wrote:Well IF this is true that ONE mother%&^% "collector" has that soundbaord tape (which, by the way is a thief, since the tapes of the sownboard shows belong to EPE, RCA or whatever company owns the rights to Elvis' official recordings, so whoever took the tape... stole it. let's all sue him, hehehe)
I think we should sue the guy! Definately yes! :twisted: :twisted:

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff

the last farewell

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

... 3577... I sincerly hope the owner of the Indy tape will never

hand it over, so frikkin morons like you can listen to it . Imbeciel!

...>"I hope he dies soon..."<

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Scott Hayward wrote: Furthermore, the recording still gives me goosepumps, especially during the opening, Bridge Over Troubled Water..

I know what you mean. As Elvis starts off the song you can hear the crowd noise swell up and its has if you are hearing the crowd feel his charisma.
It's unbelievable.
Vocally this is one of his most haunting performances of 1977.
And just for the record he hits every note he did back in 1970.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

You should check out a little release called Elvis In Concert (RCA 74321 146932). It features 7 songs from Omaha.
The album has been certified 3X Platinum......not bad for an album featuring some of Elvis' worst moments on stage
Larry, you have got to be joking. As others pointed out, the album sold well initially due to the death of Elvis Presley, not the reputation of the actual content. 7 songs from Omaha with heavy Felton Jarvis overdubs. You are living in fantasy land if you think BMG/Sony/FTD will ever issue Omaha uncut without overdubs. So, one can assume you are a fan of that horrible live album? You have such great taste.... :smt078

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff

the last farewell

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

... Elvis 3577, here are your exact words from your mail posted

above : "... our only hope is that this guy dies soon...

In your pm to me you demand an apology for calling you an idiot,

moron, imbeciel... whatever. Listen, bozo, you have a huge mental

problem, dont push it with me. I can shred you to pieces with words,

but I wont bother. Just back off! And dont dare to pm me again.

ekenee

Post by ekenee »

Quote: And dont dare to pm me again.

In this corner...wieghing in at 190 pounds........

Topic author

Post by Guest »

imbeciel... is actually spelled imbecile.

But then again, I have a mental problem, you should know, Doctor ...
or perhaps you know what the symptoms are, yourself, don't you?

Edit:
I dared to rock... oops, to pm him/her/it again... I am scared now.. How bad can a word shred you?
I am NOT the words you think I am so it doesn't bother me.

"It's only words, and words are all I have to shred morons away"
must be what you sing alone at home...

Gee, how friendly you are and some other people here...
Really makes you feel welcome...
yeah right!
Keep your little forum to yourself.. shred everybody out and you'll be alone here...
Who will you call imbeciel... pardon, imbecile, after that?
There will only be one, the real one.
Goodnight and have a pleasant life... if you can

So go ahead, have fun, shred away, son... I won't even be back to read it.
So your words are worthless...
But if you feel like venting your frustration, go ahead... (better than beating your wife, huh?)

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Not to defend Ger. I'm sure he can do that alone but it seems like you are the one venting because of the frustration of not being able to get that concert.

I think it is a little bit childish to wish that someone dies so you can listen to a concert. Pretty shelfish to me.

Isn't possible that because of these collectors paid a lot that these soundboards are still around? I wonder how much costed one of those soundboards those days? I wonder if these people didnt show interest if they soundboards maybe would have been destroyed most of them

I want to listen to all the concerts but that will never happen.

TJ

Post by TJ »

InTheGhetto wrote:
Isn't possible that because of these collectors paid a lot that these soundboards are still around? I wonder how much costed one of those soundboards those days? I wonder if these people didnt show interest if they soundboards maybe would have been destroyed most of them
Or maybe they would take their place alongside the others in the vaults, where some were probably stolen from in the first place.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

elvis3577, you are accusing the guy with the soundboard as a being a theft and assume the soundboard actually belongs to BMG or EPE which may never have been the case. Then you are suggesting the guy should die so his estate will sell or give the soundboard to BMG. You are out of line to judge what a collector does with his tapes. It would be great in a perfect world if tape hoarders shared the wealth a little bit, but that is not the way it is....

Topic author

Post by Guest »

TJ

Valid point too but sadly we cannot change tha past. It is sad that some were stolen. No idea if they were stolen or by who. I know that bootleggers got a hold of some and they were released. Some not.

Also it is sad that we push people out of this forum when they share some secrets. Didn't Joergen finally quit coming for all the abuse about not releasing a tape or something like that?

Francesc

Topic author
Larry Dickman

Post by Larry Dickman »

midnightx wrote:
You should check out a little release called Elvis In Concert (RCA 74321 146932). It features 7 songs from Omaha.
The album has been certified 3X Platinum......not bad for an album featuring some of Elvis' worst moments on stage
Larry, you have got to be joking. As others pointed out, the album sold well initially due to the death of Elvis Presley, not the reputation of the actual content. 7 songs from Omaha with heavy Felton Jarvis overdubs. You are living in fantasy land if you think BMG/Sony/FTD will ever issue Omaha uncut without overdubs. So, one can assume you are a fan of that horrible live album? You have such great taste.... :smt078
So it's "without overdubs" now? Anything else you would like to change in your initial statement. Please re-read your statement, then my reply.......my point was, material from this concert has already been officially released. The rest of the info I supplied was superfluous, but interesting, nonetheless (if not blatantly obvious).
You can assume what you like about about my 'fondness' for this album, but you know what happens when you assume. :wink:

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Dickman, did the initial statement say that Omaha would have "overdubs"? Yes, 7 songs have been officially released in truncated/overdubbed form from a Joan Deary/Felton Jarvis project. In your mind, is that the official release of Omaha? That show will not be released, that is what I originally said. Maybe you should re-read it, as you are obviously one that needs to read things multiple times for comprehension. And please don't ever assume anything you have to say is "interesting" as you are giving yourself way too much credit. :smt015

Topic author
Larry Dickman

Post by Larry Dickman »

midnightx wrote:Dickman, did the initial statement say that Omaha would have "overdubs"?
The initial statement said: " The EIC Omaha show is considered one of Elvis' worst moments on stage, so that show will never officially see the light of day."
Yes, 7 songs have been officially released in truncated/overdubbed form from a Joan Deary/Felton Jarvis project. In your mind, is that the official release of Omaha?
Don't know what else I could call it?
That show will not be released, that is what I originally said. Maybe you should re-read it, as you are obviously one that needs to read things multiple times for comprehension.
Please see above.
And please don't ever assume anything you have to say is "interesting" as you are giving yourself way too much credit. :smt015
Thanks for the tip. Will bear that in mind, but I guess that means I will have to keep the indentity of the owner of the Indy sounboard to myself. :wink:

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Thanks for the tip. Will bear that in mind, but I guess that means I will have to keep the indentity of the owner of the Indy sounboard to myself.
Do what you need to do... 8)