All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Re: ebay

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:49 am

70sElvisIsTheBest wrote:I've bought from this person time and time again, and I have no complaints. She sent what was ordered, replaced what didnt work, and refunded what I didnt like. NO questions.


At first she didn't answer any of my emails but today I was refunded fully after I filed a complaint through Paypal. If she'd done this in the first place, this thread wouldn't have needed to happend.
Last edited by Marko on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: DVD-R's sold as factory made DVD's

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:52 am

70sElvisIsTheBest wrote:
Marko wrote:EDIT: I changed the title of the thread to make it more accurate as it was pointed out that none of these dvd's are available as factory made ones.



so why are you still complaining? If none are even available as silver-pressed dvds, then you knew full well what you were buying.


Either you didn't read my post or you're an idiot. Please learn how to read before you make another post.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:08 am

judging from your posts, and then all of the replies from everyone else on here, your the idiot and your all alone on this one.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:13 am

70sElvisIsTheBest wrote:judging from your posts, and then all of the replies from everyone else on here, your the idiot and your all alone on this one.


Obviously you still have problems understanding what you read.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:00 am

I bet she's really pleased. She sold you what you ordered, delivered it to the right place, presumably on time, and she gets a paypal complaint for her troubles!

I just hope experiences like this one don't put off sellers who are helping us get access to great material like the Star DVDs.

At first she didn't answer any of my emails but today I was refunded fully after I filed a complaint through Paypal. If she'd done this in the first place, this thread wouldn't have needed to happend.


No, if you'd have got your facts straight before wasting the poor sellers time, then this thread wouldn't have happened. Also, let's not forget, this started by you calling her a fraudster.

I hope, Marko, now you have your money, you'll be a big enough man to offer the girl an apology, letting her know she has done nothing wrong, and you didn't realise that there were no factory pressed DVDs from Star.

I'll not hold my breath.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:17 am

DarrylMac wrote:I bet she's really pleased. She sold you what you ordered, delivered it to the right place, presumably on time, and she gets a paypal complaint for her troubles!

I just hope experiences like this one don't put off sellers who are helping us get access to great material like the Star DVDs.

At first she didn't answer any of my emails but today I was refunded fully after I filed a complaint through Paypal. If she'd done this in the first place, this thread wouldn't have needed to happend.


No, if you'd have got your facts straight before wasting the poor sellers time, then this thread wouldn't have happened. Also, let's not forget, this started by you calling her a fraudster.

I hope, Marko, now you have your money, you'll be a big enough man to offer the girl an apology, letting her know she has done nothing wrong, and you didn't realise that there were no factory pressed DVDs from Star.

I'll not hold my breath.


There are so many things wrong in this post that it's amazing. I won't even bother to address this anymore.

DVD-R

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Surprises me that Marko is on this forum but doesn't know that STAR releases are DVD-R's. Reading things and reading/understanding things are two different things it seems. STAR releases are all over the place, they're sold everywhere but still he doesn't know they're DVD-R......

When the seller mentiones DVD-R in his auction, his auctions are banned from Ebay. That's the simple reason for not mentioning it. If all sellers should offer their items the way Marko wants Ebay would be a not so interesting anymore: mentioning that releases are bootlegs is forbidden, CDR is forbidden, copies of pictures is forbidden, DVD-R is forbidden audience recordings are forbidden, live concerts is forbidden etc, etc.

I think it's the buyers responsibility also to KNOW what they buy !

Marko could be right if he mentioned a copy of an existing factory made DVD. That should be mentioned. But stating 'Homemade DVD' on Ebay is asking for problems and banning of the item.

Is that what you want Marko ?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:50 pm

Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)

or at least aware!!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:51 pm

Seems to be a lot of pointless fuss over nothing, the footage is PIRATE, simple as that, if you know how rare it is [the fact you are buying it would make it appear so] then you have to know its not an official release, if not an official release then its dvd-r. Were you expecting pristine dvd quality, DTS sound and perhaps a directors commentary? :roll:

Get yourself a disc printer and some blank printable silver discs and you are set.
Last edited by Eddie on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: DVD-R

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:01 pm

bassienl wrote:Surprises me that Marko is on this forum but doesn't know that STAR releases are DVD-R's. Reading things and reading/understanding things are two different things it seems. STAR releases are all over the place, they're sold everywhere but still he doesn't know they're DVD-R......


Indeed they seem to be as you are making points that I've already answered.

bassienl wrote:When the seller mentiones DVD-R in his auction, his auctions are banned from Ebay. That's the simple reason for not mentioning it. If all sellers should offer their items the way Marko wants Ebay would be a not so interesting anymore: mentioning that releases are bootlegs is forbidden, CDR is forbidden, copies of pictures is forbidden, DVD-R is forbidden audience recordings are forbidden, live concerts is forbidden etc, etc.


Tell me something I don't know.

bassienl wrote:I think it's the buyers responsibility also to KNOW what they buy !


And the seller responsibility is to tell all relevant facts.

bassienl wrote:Marko could be right if he mentioned a copy of an existing factory made DVD. That should be mentioned. But stating 'Homemade DVD' on Ebay is asking for problems and banning of the item.


As I pointed out before there are ways to get around this.

bassienl wrote:Is that what you want Marko ?


No, I don't.

Eddie wrote:Seems to be a lot of pointless fuss over nothing, the footage is PIRATE, simple as that, if you know how rare it is [the fact you are buying it would make it appear so] then you have to know its not an official release, if not an official release then its dvd-r. Were you expecting pristine dvd quality, DTS sound and perhaps a directors commentary? :roll:


No, I wasn't. I've seen all the outtakes in question.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Somewhere in this thread there is sense trying to get out, you've completely lost me with your point, you know its pirate footage but you should have been told its not an official pressing?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Eddie wrote:Somewhere in this thread there is sense trying to get out, you've completely lost me with your point, you know its pirate footage but you should have been told its not an official pressing?


Eddie, let me summed it up for you.

1. The seller didn't tell she was selling DVD-R's

2. The seller didn't answer my emails when I asked about it.

3. The seller didn't return the money when I demanded it.

It was only after i started this thread and filed a complaint through Paypal that she reacted in any way. In fact had she replied to my emails in the first place, I would have never started this thread. As it turned out she returned the money, so she isn't as fraudulent as I took her to be.

This thread is not about whether Star "releases" are of high quality. This is about me trying to warn people of a bad seller but as it turned out I was wrong about her. However, this was brought on by her failure to communicate with me.

And yes, there are in fact factory made dvd's that are not "official".

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:46 pm

I think this clip sums most of this thread pretty good... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL9oA1LF ... ed&search=

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 pm

Marko wrote:I think this clip sums most of this thread pretty good... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL9oA1LF ... ed&search=


No it doesn't!! :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:21 pm

2. The seller didn't answer my emails when I asked about it.


She can't. There are people on Ebay who ask those questions if they suspect illegal items being sold. They sometimes contact the sellers with questions like you asked her. She can't see the difference between someone who just wants to know or someone Ebay related who's trying to frame her. Answering a question like you asked her could mean she gets caught by a so called 'Ebay-snitch'.

3. The seller didn't return the money when I demanded it.


Why ask for a refund ? The material is only available as DVD-R. And it's good enough to keep it in your collection.

And there are buyers on Ebay who pretty well know that material is illegal. When they've bought and received it, they send an email to the seller that the material is illegal and they threaten to report it to Paypal and Ebay. They end up with the items and a refund because the seller doesn't want his items to be taken off Ebay. ├Źn this situation the buyer is the bad guy. I could name a few, but let's not get started with that. And I don't say Marko is like that by the way.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:40 pm

Certainly she could have answered my emails after I bought the dvd's. Had she communicated none of this would have been necessary.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:40 pm

Marko, out of interest, have you returned the DVD's to her, without having made copies, or have you retained them?

Your original issue was that if you had been made aware that although they were the genuine Star products, they were DVDr's, then you wouldn't have bought them.

Just curious.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:42 pm

Now you've got your money back will you be sending the dvd back?

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:54 am

no he wont. He claims in his earlier post that customs confiscated them and "destroyed" them. This makes no sense. Having ordered from her, I know personally she always checks the GIFT box, so why would customs confiscate a GIFT, destry it, and then let you know that they did this and your not going to get it. That makes no sense whatsoever. Just admit it Marko. You have the discs. You got them by scamming the seller who took the time to order them and have them sent to you, and because you are going to play the "little miss innocent" card here, you got your discs for free, and you've now got a lot of annoyed people on this board who are wise to your scams. Whats your eBay id, Marko? I'm sure we can start a thread on buyers to to ban from seller auctions. I hope lilsteph and any other rare elvis dealers ban you from all auctions, so you can sit there with your Aloha dvds while the rest of us watch stuff we havent seen 5 billion times...your a skidmark on the elvis world, marko.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:23 am

70sElvisIsTheBest wrote: no he wont. He claims in his earlier post that customs confiscated them and "destroyed" them.


I haven't made such a post on this board ever. But yes this is correct.

70sElvisIsTheBest wrote:This makes no sense. Having ordered from her, I know personally she always checks the GIFT box, so why would customs confiscate a GIFT, destry it, and then let you know that they did this and your not going to get it. That makes no sense whatsoever. Just admit it Marko. You have the discs.


The customs have you open the box in their presence to see what's in it. The discs were confiscated so I don't have them. I do have the receipt from customs which I would have been more than happy to present to the seller had she communicated in any way.

70sElvisIsTheBest wrote:You got them by scamming the seller who took the time to order them and have them sent to you, and because you are going to play the "little miss innocent" card here, you got your discs for free, and you've now got a lot of annoyed people on this board who are wise to your scams. Whats your eBay id, Marko? I'm sure we can start a thread on buyers to to ban from seller auctions. I hope lilsteph and any other rare elvis dealers ban you from all auctions, so you can sit there with your Aloha dvds while the rest of us watch stuff we havent seen 5 billion times...your a skidmark on the elvis world, marko.


I don't care for your accusations. Unless you can prove them you can piss off.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:08 am

Marko, your story is unravelling by the second - in fact it's completely changed from the original intent of your post.

You started this post with an accusation that someone was an ebay fraudster because they were selling DVDrs, not factory pressed DVDs, and you wouldn't have bought them if you'd known. You were seeking a refund as the discs supplied were DVDrs. At no time, until when people were giving you a hard time, did you claim that you had never received the discs.

IF YOU NEVER RECEIVED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THEY WERE DVDR OR OTHERWISE? You claim that until this post, you didnt know Star DVD's were not factory pressed, and your complaint was the seller didn't tell you.

Regarding customs, someone from this site kindly sent me a copy of The Hampton Roads DVD recently, and the box had indeed been opened by customs in the US. It was sent on to me with a label on saying "checked by customs" but I still received the package, albeit a few days late. Neither me, or the seller were present at the time. Your story is nonsense.

Marko, how about you post a scan of the receipt you got from US customs?

You're a disgrace to this board, and to good ebayers who are giving access to great material that we'd never otherwise see. I commented earlier that the seller should be upset, was due an apology, and you said that was so wrong, you wouldn't comment further.

I think now, more than ever, it's plain to see a good ebay seller has been not only ripped off by you, but slandered by you too.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:44 am

1) If Marko wants to keep a copy and be refunded, what is the sense of making a fuss about it here? Getting a refund via Paypal is comparably easy. Does he really want everybody to know about his behaviour? :smt017

2) This customs-have-destroyed-everything-with-a-big-hammer story, 70sElvisIsTheBest, where did you get it from? Has Marko told this story to the seller and you know it from the seller? :smt017
Last edited by Guest on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:45 am

Marko wrote:
70sElvisIsTheBest wrote:This makes no sense. Having ordered from her, I know personally she always checks the GIFT box, so why would customs confiscate a GIFT, destry it, and then let you know that they did this and your not going to get it. That makes no sense whatsoever. Just admit it Marko. You have the discs.


The customs have you open the box in their presence to see what's in it. The discs were confiscated so I don't have them. I do have the receipt from customs which I would have been more than happy to present to the seller had she communicated in any way.


Anyone who sends a package from the US to Europe must at least put a CN11 customs sticker (or other) on the box, where you check the box, usually put a signature, declare the content and value. And the US Postal Service deals with that. American customs usually doesn't touch any exported packages, as they are checked at their destination. There the postal service on behalf of the customs office is allowed to open each and every package. First all packages that are missing a customs declaration (did this happen in your case?), second all parcels that are over a certain value, so they can tax you at your door (value added tax), third random sampling. In that case, if there is anything suspect or they don't believe the value, they ask you to pick it up at the nearest customs office. Were you have to present a receipt, open the package infront of them and you usually get a customs receipt. And if a box is declared as gift, customs is usually not allowed to open the package without you. And I always thought this is the case in pretty much all European countries???


I just saw lilsteph is no longer a registered seller on eBay.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:56 am

Melanie wrote:Anyone who sends a package from the US to Europe must at least put a CN11 customs sticker (or other) on the box, where you check the box, usually put a signature, declare the content and value. And the US Postal Service deals with that. American customs usually doesn't touch any exported packages, as they are checked at their destination. There the postal service on behalf of the customs office is allowed to open each and every package. First all packages that are missing a customs declaration (did this happen in your case?), second all parcels that are over a certain value, so they can tax you at your door (value added tax), third random sampling. In that case, if there is anything suspect or they don't believe the value, they ask you to pick it up at the nearest customs office. Were you have to present a receipt, open the package infront of them and you usually get a customs receipt. And if a box is declared as gift, customs is usually not allowed to open the package without you. And I always thought this is the case in pretty much all European countries???


Melania has got it correct here.

I'm talking about Finland/EU customs.

The procedure is as follows:
1. Parcel arrives within EU.
2. Customs in Finland take it for some reason (random check or what ever reason).
3. They ask you to come and collect it.
4. They ask you to open the parcel in front of them so that they can see what's in it.
5. Customs and I see that they are DVD-R's
6. Customs confiscate and destroy them.

I can scan the receipt later on.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm

Kuenzer wrote:1) If Marko wants to keep a copy and be refunded, what is the sense of making a fuss about it here? Getting a refund via Paypal is comparably easy. Does he really want everybody to know about his behaviour? :smt017


Thank you. Glad to see there's someone with some sense here. If I wanted to scam someone I certainly wouldn't come here and declare it to world, would I?

Kuenzer wrote:2) This customs-have-destroyed-everything-with-a-big-hammer story, 70sElvisIsTheBest, where did you get it from? Has Marko told this story to the seller and you know it from the seller? :smt017


From the seller.