Which I have now posted on youtube
for anyone interested in seeing it.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFCAclRgiiU
Parker certainly comes across as a interesting
character....

Interesting to hear certain things coming
from the horses mouth so to speak....:wink:
PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 am

Cool stuff. Thanks!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:41 am

Definitely cool to see...

He apparently slept good at night...with no regrets. :roll:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:35 am

unclefester wrote:Thanks for posting that PEP.....the old colonel still sounded pretty together and lucid.....I know he wasn't exactly St. Peter but I believe in most of what he is saying.....I think Elvis loved to pass the buck....and the colonel became the villain or the fall guy......uf

Outside looking in, I agree with you unclefester....
there is always two sides to a coin.....

What I found most interesting about this short interview
was his explaination about his percentage and how it worked.....

However, from what we have read or heard it appears it
wasn't that way.....

I wonder how truthful he was being in his explaination...

Did he set the record straight?

By saying what he said for some fans?

Does this interview change any of
your views about the Colonel?

Personally I think he probably was a dick
especially to people he didn't know or didn't
think you had anything to offer......

But if you were his friend my guess is
he probably wasn't a bad guy..... :twisted:

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:44 am

"...didn´t wanna tour the world"
"...didn´t wanna do A Star is born"
"...I only got 25%"

Hmmm, if we only knew for sure...

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:04 pm

Why would Parker say anything that would set the record straight and make him look like the bad guy? Only Elvis knew the truth and he never told it to anyone (Why Parker could run the show completely like he wanted to and why Elvis had to rely on drugs so much)

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:50 pm

Very interesting to watch.

No one but the addict is responsible for their addiction - let me get that straight.

However - it is plain for anyone to see that Elvis' career was mis-managed soon after he left the army. I notice Parker made no reference to not having a passport. If he had let Elvis out of his sight in another country dozens of competant managers, maybe even a great one would have presented themselves to Elvis. It seems more than clear this was the real reason for not touring abroad.
For Elvis not to do a tour in the states in the early 60's there can be no excuse. So what if RCA did not want to fund the tour - the Americans managed to get to the moon by the end of the 60's - surely there was someone somewhere who could have funded a tour??????!!!!!- Elvis seemed to manage it in the 50's. For a manager to let an artist like Elvis do those awful films later on is short sighted lunacy. To impose those song writer deals was lunacy. Elvis was a genius and but not street wise like Parker - Parker did take advantage of a vunerable person. Yes - Elvis was vunerable to people like Parker.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:21 pm

Scarre wrote:"...didn´t wanna tour the world"
"...I only got 25%"

Two words. Bull. and sh*t.

God what a disgusting person he was.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:32 pm

Thanks PEP. I've only read the transcript before but never seen the actual video. This is great.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:29 pm

healy wrote:
Scarre wrote:"...didn´t wanna tour the world"
"...I only got 25%"

Two words. Bull. and sh*t.

God what a disgusting person he was.

He was a manager and a con man. Thanks for the interview Pep!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:10 pm

I often wonder if Parker would have got Hawaii 61 & 69 comeback filmed and 2nd season vegas concerts etc he would have been sitting on a retirement fund that would have dwarfed what he got when he handed over what he had to EPE back in the 80's.

I wonder if parker realised what a shortsighted idiot he had been?

It took Binder to finally point out to him about all the gold and platinum performances that were not being filmed- and yet still Parker never changed his ways!!

Parker only ever got anything filmed if he had set up a deal-STUPID MORON.

It's a damn crying shame- can anyone imagine how great film of Elvis Jul 31st would be--dressed in the Black Gi-i can only guess.

IS THIS POSSIBLE? Could they gather up all the live 1969 35mm pics/negatives that exist feed them into a computer and create some sort of computer generated film? Sort of like the way Walt Disney worked in this case the computer would fill in the missing shots-i know it's a big ask and millions of images would have to be created but some sort of moving image could be created\?

What you think?

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:58 pm

GERRY wrote:IS THIS POSSIBLE? Could they gather up all the live 1969 35mm pics/negatives that exist feed them into a computer and create some sort of computer generated film? Sort of like the way Walt Disney worked in this case the computer would fill in the missing shots-i know it's a big ask and millions of images would have to be created but some sort of moving image could be created\?

What you think?
I think this will certainly be possible in the future if not now. However, with artistic liscence Elvis could be made to sing Justin Timberlake songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Hi Lester,

When the Estate finally get around to doing that Anthology every fan surely demands that they cover the Live 69 comeback and not skip straight to TTWII footage.

Also they should DUBB sound onto film as SONY/BMG tapes are far better sound quality and are Hi-Fi whereas the stupid estate settle for low quality sound from different sources.

Just check out the Beatles Anthology a lot of the sound is dubbed and a lot of it doesnt even sync up exactly but it sure makes a vast improvement to the film clips--Of course the estate would describe this as a train wreck of a project if the film and sound were at times slightly out of sync.

But the truth is The Beatles Anthology is a Absolute Masterpiece (give credit where credit is due)and the skilless idiots at the Estate would be lucky to match it with their Anthology of all Anthologies.

The Estate should also get use of the unseen footage that Ernst is aware of instead of making lame comments like "We have no unseen footage" OMG how lousy.

In fact i'll go one step further i think that the Estate are useless so they should get on board Neil Aspinall and the entire production team for the Beatles Anthology to do their Anthology.

The "We dont need to do anything as Elvis sells himself" Estate SUCK at making these projects.

Before you bash me saying how great these Aloha/68 Special dvd's were may i point out the obvious things missing:-

Genuine Hi Fi Sound from RCA/BMG/SONY tapes-these run at different speeds but still it's 2006 and these needed to be dubbed.

Commentary from Steve Binder/scotty Moore etc
Interviews with Hal Blaine /And all the amazing Musicians
Story Behind If I Can Dream(Special Featurette)
Career progression for instance first time Elvis sung with an Orchestra
And the way it was recorded with Elvis recording differently with stereo etc

And all the above treatment for Aloha.

Bottom line is Lets get the Artistic creative side of Elvis the Artist out there for people to appreciate/understand more.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi Gerry

I agree.

With ref to the 68 and Aloha - it would also be nice to choose what angle you watch Elvis from. This is a feature on other music DVD'd - why not Elvis?? They can't be bothered.

Have a look at the STAR DVD's - SUPERB SOUND!!!!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Lester,

Awesome idea yes that would be great being able to choose camera angles-Steve_M made some videos showing different camera angles for some TTWII stuff.But with the official release DVD's they should be selectable.

great stuff.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:07 am

I think that Parker was a true Bull Shipper!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:22 am

Great posting! Thx.

Elvis didn't want to play outdoors:
True, Europe lacked air conditioned, 15000 seats, indoor facilities in the70's.

I never got 50%:
Probably true, but here's the clue: they might have agreed 50/50 but it was never fully implemented.
That's why Elvis couln't get rid of Parker in '77 without paying loads of money
:(

Cheers, RJ

Re: A rare Colonel Parker Interview video 1993

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:33 am

PEP wrote:I recently came across this rare
Colonel Parker interview I taped off
of TV back in 93'....

character....

PEP 8)

Wow, I did not know the Colonel had a Dutch accent! I wonder if people around him really never figured out that he was a Dutch immigrant as is often portrayed in the media...

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:41 am

thenexte wrote:
of TV back in 93'....

character....

PEP 8)

Wow, I did not know the Colonel had a Dutch accent! I wonder if people around him really never figured out that he was a Dutch immigrant as is often portrayed in the media...

True story:

In the end, somebody in the EP inner cicle asked the Colonel:
"You never told us you're from Holland?"
The Colonel: that's because nobody ever asked me! :wink:

One thing though, the reporter should have asked the main question:
What about the statement:
"only one thing matters: that is to get that man on stage tonight!" after the ice bucket incident in '77!

Cheers, RJ

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:21 am

Robert wrote:
thenexte wrote:
of TV back in 93'....

character....

PEP 8)

True story:

In the end, somebody in the EP inner cicle asked the Colonel:
"You never told us you're from Holland?"
The Colonel: that's because nobody ever asked me! :wink:

One thing though, the reporter should have asked the main question:
What about the statement:
"only one thing matters: that is to get that man on stage tonight!" after the ice bucket incident in '77!

Cheers, RJ

Ice bucket incident? Please explain.....

Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:44 am

Before one show Elvis was totally out of it and someone put Elvis's head in an ice-bucket to wake him up, i think thats the story.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:40 pm

Sean wrote:Before one show Elvis was totally out of it and someone put Elvis's head in an ice-bucket to wake him up, i think thats the story.

Was that perhaps John Wilkinson?? Always, after a concert, he went to his hotel room with an icebucket. What was up with that???

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:11 pm

Jth wrote:
Sean wrote:Before one show Elvis was totally out of it and someone put Elvis's head in an ice-bucket to wake him up, i think thats the story.

Was that perhaps John Wilkinson?? Always, after a concert, he went to his hotel room with an icebucket. What was up with that???

It was Larry Geller who was there. Apparently Elvis was physically ill, running a high fever, amongst his other problems as well. Anyway, the Colonel came into EP's suite, (something I guess he never did) went into EP's room where he found Doctor Nick dunking Elvis' head in ice bucket, trying to revive him. Geller, though worried about his friend Elvis, was happy that the Colonel walked in when he did, thus thinking that the Colonel would realize how sick Elvis was, he would then stop the tours. The Colonel exited EP's room, stood face to face with Geller and said, "only one thing matters: that is to get that man on stage tonight!" Now keep in mind, this is Larry Geller's account of that day. To hear Geller tell this story in his unique way, is chilling and very believable.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:41 pm

When Elvis died...one of first Parker's reaction was..."...things won't change and I still be owning the 50%..." true story
I think this tells enough of him :wink:

re

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:48 pm

according to loanne parker the 50/50 story was wrong, the chicken story was wrong so who knows ?