All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:36 am

no international tours overseas was one of the causes i bet. parker booking him at the same cities over and over again.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:45 am

it seems 2 valuable points can be surmised from this thread:-
1. Tape of Detoit show MUST be wrongly dated and is from 4th October where he gave a better show(thanks Merrijn) AND
2. Deadringer MUST be correct their is NO WAY Elvis was only on stage for 30 minutes in Detroit on 29th!! NO WAY ..maybe sang in TOTAL for 30 minutes filled in time by Voice and Intros, but certainly on stage for much longer! All right OK you Win being from 29.9.74 MUST be correct because it's not on the show (now correctly dated 4th Oct) and it IS on the FTD. Rovky's other comments about NO Trilogy,Bridge or Mountain performed at the Detroit show thus depriving Fans of powerful songs of substance IS 100% correct... like Steamroller Blues on 4th is as STRONG as he performes and Lawdy Miss Clawdy is a cop out compared to a strong Ballad.... if this thread helped VERIFY show dates/Tapes then i'm more than happy... but going on and on... about drugs gets VERY boring to me!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:23 am

DJC wrote: Oh, please ...

Come on now... are you saying that Elvis never got sick?
Never had the flu? Never had a sinus infection even though there are books that talk about what he was coughing up and several stories about high fevers.

All lies? He was simply a drug addict?

This is not logical. This is looking at it from a simplistic point of view and not looking at all the complications that goes into being Elvis and putting on a tour.

Don't you think that it is somewhere in between?

I am an amatuer performer and I get the flu, head colds, sore throats, and sinus infections that prevent me from singing. Can't do it. Can't hit the notes. When your head is pounding from a sinus infection headache, you can't perform let alone sit up and watch tv.
But I am anti-drug even though I suppose there are some drugs that would help the situation.

Note that in my post I said that it could be a combination of medications and illness.

I don't think its as simple as you state it. sorry.
Last edited by ekenee on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 pm

I checked Day By Day and The Concert Years..both state that Elvis didn`t perform for more than 30 minutes...also the recording date for All Right O.k. You Win (29.9.74) which isn`t on our tape indicates that it is wrongly dated and is in fact 4.10.74 which was a "normal" show..
I ammended my records...thank you Merjin...thank you Ger...

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:25 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I checked Day By Day and The Concert Years..both state that Elvis didn`t perform for more than 30 minutes...also the recording date for All Right O.k. You Win (29.9.74) which isn`t on our tape indicates that it is wrongly dated and is in fact 4.10.74 which was a "normal" show..
I ammended my records...thank you Merjin...thank you Ger...

If "Ok, all right, you win" is missing on both Detroit tapes, how do we know it's from October 4th? :?

I follow Ernst on this one.
September 29th it is..

Cheers, RJ

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:00 pm

You got me wrong (perhaps it´s my bad english..lol..) ..I meant our tape is wrongly dated 29.9....the song has the right date..

Cisko

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:15 pm

::: checked Day By Day and The Concert Years..both state that Elvis didn`t perform for more than 30 minutes...

- but the source for BOTH THESE BOOKS STATEMENT is the same "review" by Rocky Barra! I guess that I already cleared this. If you will use mathematic, you will know that there was NO 30 minute show. No way. Detroit 29.09.74 was probably short 65 - 70 minutes, probably an awful show, singer was probably drugged and out of it, this is all POSSIBLE (but not sure). But it was no 30 minutes. This is SURE.

Re: Cisko

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:23 pm

deadringer wrote:::: checked Day By Day and The Concert Years..both state that Elvis didn`t perform for more than 30 minutes...

- but the source for BOTH THESE BOOKS STATEMENT is the same "review" by Rocky Barra! I guess that I already cleared this. If you will use mathematic, you will know that there was NO 30 minute show. No way. Detroit 29.09.74 was probably short 65 - 70 minutes, probably an awful show, singer was probably drugged and out of it, this is all POSSIBLE (but not sure). But it was no 30 minutes. This is SURE.

I was thinking the same thing about both books using the same source, that happens quite frequently, especially where EP's concerned!

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:36 am

this is repeating what people have been saying, but obviously Elvis most probably was on stage for an hour but LOT of time filled in by both Voice AND band Intros. Shortest EVER Vegas show i have on tape is a Feb 1972 Vegas show of 32 minutes(tape however is running bit fast!) on tour was ALWAYS longer shows.I remember clearly reading 1 review of the Baltimore 29.5.77 show where the reviewer said that Elvis's contract was for him to sing for 50-55 minutes...which + time filled in by band whilst he left the stage HE DID....so contracts were fullfilled and he hadn't broken his contract for the show.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:19 am

What about the metioned mumbling and slurring and not being able to speak.....on the tape we have of 29.9. (now 4.10.) Elvis can speak..

Re: Detroit Disaster, September 29, 1974...?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:28 pm

I guess this give us the real facts about this show:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.