The Lamar Fike Show

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Trevell
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

The Lamar Fike Show

Post by Trevell »

They should give Lamar Fike his own show on Sirius 13 Elvis Radio. It would be a nice contrast to hearing George Klein all the time. In fact, they should give a show to all the Memphis Mafia. Hearing those guys go back and forth arguing about how certain events happened would make great radio.

Flippy...Real Flippy...

ChrisM
Registered for: 21 years

Re: The Lamar Fike Show

Post by ChrisM »

Trevell wrote:In fact, they should give a show to all the Memphis Mafia.
Apart from the dead ones, obviously.

Chris

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

No, give it to them as well. That'd be a challenge to see how they keep the listener tuned in for those shows :lol:

Post by Guest »

Trevell wrote:They should give Lamar Fike his own show on Sirius 13 Elvis Radio. It would be a nice contrast to hearing George Klein all the time. In fact, they should give a show to all the Memphis Mafia. Hearing those guys go back and forth arguing about how certain events happened would make great radio.
WHAT?

And let someone challenge the stories EPE creates?

That would involve allowing free speech. I don't see that happening. God forbid someone went on there and spoke of something that is on EPE's "1,000,000 important details of Elvis' life, but you are banned from speaking about it." list.

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rocknroller »

the memphis mafia were all ars*holes sod listening to them. they come out with same old boring crap and lamar fike is one of the biggest (no pun intended) ars*holes along with sunny west . but i do have time for joe e and george k just my opinon.

Rob

Post by Rob »

rocknroller wrote:lamar fike is one of the biggest (no pun intended) ars*holes along with sunny west.
He's not nearly as bad as cloudy east.

I always enjoy listening to Lamar. I don't necessarily believe every word he says, but I'd take his word before many of the others that I don't care to mention.

stari062

never

Post by stari062 »

PLEASE dont let Lamar open his mouth EVER again. Elvis should have drowned him with the water he threw on him in the On Tour outtakes, that i would LOVE to see!

LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Re: never

Post by LesterB »

stari062 wrote:PLEASE dont let Lamar open his mouth EVER again. Elvis should have drowned him with the water he threw on him in the On Tour outtakes, that i would LOVE to see!
I think there are about 28 hours of On Tour Outtakes left - so you might see that yet? :lol:

JUST FOR TODAY

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Yes

Post by deadringer »

Yes it will be "nice contrast" to hear this scumbag Lamar xxx again. I guess he told all what he want to Goldman. No need to open the mouth again.

Post edited for offensive term. Watch your language.

Topic author
Trevell

Post by Trevell »

Jordans-Elvis-World wrote:
Trevell wrote:They should give Lamar Fike his own show on Sirius 13 Elvis Radio. It would be a nice contrast to hearing George Klein all the time. In fact, they should give a show to all the Memphis Mafia. Hearing those guys go back and forth arguing about how certain events happened would make great radio.
WHAT?

And let someone challenge the stories EPE creates?

That would involve allowing free speech. I don't see that happening. God forbid someone went on there and spoke of something that is on EPE's "1,000,000 important details of Elvis' life, but you are banned from speaking about it." list.
heh heh!

Flippy...Real Flippy...

Topic author
Trevell

Post by Trevell »

Alright, so Lamar talked to Goldman. I don't think he realized Albert was going to use his info in such a hatefull way. I don't think Lamar is that bad. Maybe he exagerates a little, but he comes off as a pretty straight up guy to me.

I don't have anything against Klien, I just get tired of hearing the same old "feel good" stories all the time.

Maybe they could give my favorite Mafia member Larry Gellar a show as well! :lol:

Flippy...Real Flippy...

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Lamar

Post by deadringer »

I think Lamar realized which kind of book Goldman was writing. Well not only that Lamar talked to Goldman. I have seen some TV show where Lamar appeared with one of worst Elvis photos taken in Hollywood on Feb. 12, 1977. I am not saying Lamar is completely BAD, but he have no character to me.

::: I don't have anything against Klien, I just get tired of hearing the same old "feel good" stories all the time.

- me too, OK maybe Lamar will be some refreshment :-)

::: Maybe they could give my favorite Mafia member Larry Gellar a show as well!

- another guy with big mouth and even bigger ego :-).

Topic author
Trevell

Post by Trevell »

Too bad the Colonel isn't still with us. He'd have put on a great half hour call in show if he were still of this earth. I'm talkin' uncensored radio here folks! Just imagine being able to call in and speak your mind to the Colonel himself!

All kidding aside, Sirius satellite radio is great! Elvis, Howard, commercial free music and Deepak Chopra! How can you go wrong?!

Flippy...Real Flippy...

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

People tend to forget that E L V I S was the star and that all these other guys were nothing more than paid employees or paid companions.
Elvis is the only star with fans who are more interested in the hangers on than in the music. Yet these guys are less talented than the worst American Idol contestant! If they would have had any talent they would have achieved a career of their own.

Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Thomas »

I agree that the Colonel, even if he had his problems, wouldn't blether nonsense about Elvis like some of his pals do in low budget documentaries.

gwsells
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by gwsells »

The problem is that we have all heard everything that there is to hear. I hate to say it but is there ever gonna be a stoy come out that we havnt heard before. The man has been gone 29 yrs. I cant remember what happened 5yrs ago, so I dont think any of them are gonna remember anything new. Or they would have already to make a fast dollar. Sorry to say it but the well gets dryer with each passing year. Lets let the music do the talkin, cause weve all heard the stories over and over!

JUST BECAUSE IT'S CLOUDY DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GONNA RAIN

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Re: Lamar

Post by Robert »

deadringer wrote:Maybe they could give my favorite Mafia member Larry Gellar a show as well!

Huh?
Larry is a warm and friendly person, very different to most other guys..
Ok, he's a bit weird, but the fact that it took years for him to be accepted by Elvis' inner circle says enough, right?

I like his book btw, a very different approach compared to all other books around.. It gives an interesting insight to Elvis' spiritual quest..

Lamar Fike?
Big mouth, small heart...

Cheers, RJ

Topic author
Trevell

Re: Lamar

Post by Trevell »

Robert wrote:
deadringer wrote:Maybe they could give my favorite Mafia member Larry Gellar a show as well!

Huh?
Larry is a warm and friendly person, very different to most other guys..
Ok, he's a bit weird, but the fact that it took years for him to be accepted by Elvis' inner circle says enough, right?

I like his book btw, a very different approach compared to all other books around.. It gives an interesting insight to Elvis' spiritual quest..

Lamar Fike?
Big mouth, small heart...

Cheers, RJ
I whole heartedly agree with you. Larry could do a hair styling tips/spiritual guru show.

Flippy...Real Flippy...

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Trevell wrote:Alright, so Lamar talked to Goldman. I don't think he realized Albert was going to use his info in such a hatefull way. I don't think Lamar is that bad. Maybe he exagerates a little, but he comes off as a pretty straight up guy to me.

I don't have anything against Klien, I just get tired of hearing the same old "feel good" stories all the time.

Maybe they could give my favorite Mafia member Larry Gellar a show as well! :lol:
yeah who wants nice??? Id rather hear Lamar talk about Elvis not being able to control his bowels and revelations like Elvis not taking a bath and stinky. Lamar is a good guy! wake up dude!

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Kylan wrote:
Trevell wrote:Alright, so Lamar talked to Goldman. I don't think he realized Albert was going to use his info in such a hatefull way. I don't think Lamar is that bad. Maybe he exagerates a little, but he comes off as a pretty straight up guy to me.

yeah who wants nice??? Id rather hear Lamar talk about Elvis not being able to control his bowels and revelations like Elvis not taking a bath and stinky. Lamar is a good guy! wake up dude!
Lamar is a pile of scrap, a big pile at that!

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Joe Car wrote:
Kylan wrote:

Lamar is a pile of scrap, a big pile at that!
Your being too generous and nice! :wink:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Trevell wrote:They should give Lamar Fike his own show on Sirius 13 Elvis Radio. It would be a nice contrast to hearing George Klein all the time.
Klein has never struck me as someone who conveys a whole lot of insight into the Presley story, pretty sad considering he first knew of Elvis at Humes High back in the early fifties and made his living as a DJ.

We all know Fike's "sins" against Elvis (Goldman's "Elvis"), but seldom discussed is how cruel Elvis was to Lamar through the years. The "water" scene from the EOT outtakes is embarassing enough without knowing their history. It should be noted Fike deeply regrets his involvement in that mean-spirited biography.

Fike on satellite radio with an Elvis program? A great idea. He's hilarious, with a quick, biting wit. It had to be one of the reasons Elvis loved him.

And, after reading "Elvis Aaron Presley - Revelations From The Memphis Mafia," it is clear Fike is one of the most perceptive and intelligent people Elvis associated with as an adult.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rocknroller »

g klein was a dj allways was all though his friendship with elvis he had his own life .lamar fike was a hanger on a paid friend intelligent lmao well he has never struck me as intelligent he did not think goldmens book would be so bad aye right the man saw doller signs and sold elvis out . :twisted:

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Trevell wrote:They should give Lamar Fike his own show on Sirius 13 Elvis Radio. It would be a nice contrast to hearing George Klein all the time.
Klein has never struck me as someone who conveys a whole lot of insight into the Presley story, pretty sad considering he first knew of Elvis at Humes High back in the early fifties and made his living as a DJ.

We all know Fike's "sins" against Elvis (Goldman's "Elvis"), but seldom discussed is how cruel Elvis was to Lamar through the years. The "water" scene from the EOT outtakes is embarassing enough without knowing their history. It should be noted Fike deeply regrets his involvement in that mean-spirited biography.

Fike on satellite radio with an Elvis program? A great idea. He's hilarious, with a quick, biting wit. It had to be one of the reasons Elvis loved him.

And, after reading "Elvis Aaron Presley - Revelations From The Memphis Mafia," it is clear Fike is one of the most perceptive and intelligent people Elvis associated with as an adult.
When someone treats someone employed that way it generally means they want to get rid of that person. However, Lamar was not intelligent enough to see that, probably because of the dollar signs in his eyes!
He had the choice: being treated bad but getting an easy life with lots of money, cars and young girls or being poor and no young girls but being treated decently?

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

rocknroller wrote:he has never struck me as intelligent ...
You wouldn't know intelligence if it repeatedly struck you square in the face with a baseball bat.
Luuk wrote:When someone treats someone employed that way it generally means they want to get rid of that person.
Actually, no, it does not. It "generally means" they are so insecure about themselves or their life that they need to put someone else down to feel better.
Luuk wrote:However, Lamar was not intelligent enough to see that, probably because of the dollar signs in his eyes!
Do you know how much money Fike made in his association with Elvis? Unless you can credibly answer that question, your comment is about as valuable as being in a room where someone just broke wind.
Luuk wrote:He had the choice: being treated bad but getting an easy life with lots of money, cars and young girls or being poor and no young girls but being treated decently?
You have the choice: making informed, open-minded observations or being stupid and boring the hell out of us.

If you post again, perhaps you can attempt to address Trevell's topic.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!