:lol: :lol:

jim from scotland

Topic author
batman
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by batman »

Thanks once again Jim another cover to complette my collection

Post by Guest »

Did anyone see the on page 8 in Elvis The Man & His Music mag?

A chap called Bud Glass wrote in.............

(When reading bear in mind he's one of the Good Guys)

houndog
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by houndog »

and your point .......

HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......

Post by Guest »

houndog wrote:and your point .......
My point being: Try & support the people trying to bring us new material (so they will carry on doing so as long as it's out there),
rather than rip everything off for the sake of being cheap!

BTW,nice Avatar :roll:

houndog

Post by houndog »

like the Elvis shop has never ripped anyone off with their prices etc

and yes i do have personal exprience, but the old saying once bitten......

HOUNDOG

Post by Guest »

Can you back up that statement????

In what way were you ripped off?

Thankfully we have a strong & loyal customer base who know diffrently.

It's very easy to say these things anonymously sitting behind your keyboard sir without any evidence to support what you're saying :roll:

Please enlighten us, we've nothing to hide!

houndog

Post by houndog »

i have experience of buying import lp's from you at hemsby which was probably down to my youthlfulness at that time in not thinking i was being overcharged for what i wa buying, so ok you were asking a price and you got it my fault for buying at that price.
but the one that really sticks in my mind is that a few years back either yourself of your father wrote an article for record collector magazine about the camden lp "you'll never walk alone" that was issued with the Elvis for everyne cover and the article went on to explain the rarity of such items etc etc and if i remeber rightly was given a value of £200+ in the said article ,
when i accuired a copy some time later and rang your shop, and asked if you would be interested in buying it i was offered a price of £20, when i mentioned the article i was told " oh i was told no sorry there not worth that.
another time i phoned and asked about a set of Loving you US Lobby cards and was told they were worth about £50 and if i wanted to sell them you would give me £30 for them.

i dont doubt that you do stock some very rare items and have a good reputation and idare say people who have been loyal customers for years get good deals, but just because i may not purchase items from you or you dont know me , doesn't mean to say i don't know the value of what i am holding and to be given such poor valuations of the above items makes me very sceptical of you.
i understand that when someone offers you items for sale that you are not going to pay full price as you then have to sell them on and make a profit , but i think anyone reading this will see that the prices you offered me where way below the value.

HOUNDOG

houndog

Post by houndog »

yes

i acknowledge that my own niavety in purchasing the lp was indeed not them ripping me off but my own lack of knowlege on the subject, at that time i was quite new to the collecting game and had heard of Mr Giles through various soures and magazines so i presumed that i would t pay a fair price for the items mentioned, only with the experience of time and gaining kowledge and learning about other dealers did i come to realise that i think the prices at the elvis shop are inflated, granted they have premises are in london etc etc but you still cannot justify there very low prices quoted for the items i enquired about.

i dont want to start a long thread bashing the Elvis shop they do indeed fulfill alot of peoples needs and i dare say have a justifiable reputation, i just dont like the fact that Chris G the younger semes to think he has the right to tell people to not "cheapen" products by trading them etc , everybody has the right to trade items if they want and it helps fill holes in there collections, there will always be a market for tthis as there will always be customers to the Elvis shop and other outlets of a similar nature around the world

HOUNDOG

Post by Guest »

houndog, this is complete BS

My Father trades at Hemsbey, but when did you but import LP's from him there??
It is not viable to sell this sort of vinyl there anymore because there is no market for it (and there hasn't been for years) and when he did it was priced accordingly. THESE ARE NOT SUN RECORDS!

We do the pricing for the Elvis Presley vinyl in Record Collector every year & yes he did the article about the "You'll never walk alone" LP.
As it was issued in Sweden at the time of the artcle it was very hard to come by.

I know who you are now!!!!

You called the shop & spoke to me last year & asked about this LP quote the article in RC expecting me to offer you large sums of money for it. I told you that althou it was a very hard record to get years ago there is somebody in Sweden selling copies of it almost all the time on Ebay for around £20-£30.

You then told me that is where you bought your copy for around £25.

You sir, were trying to be clever. Which you obviously are not!

You were trying to be cute & earn a couple of quid. Which is fair enough, but why are you getting upset here? Is it because you tried it on & come un-stuck?

Did you loose any sleep knowing that you paid £25 for an LP then trying to quote an old RC article price when trying to sell it to me?

If I didn't know about Ebay I would have offered you a good price, but if you want to deal in vinyl then "do your homework son".

As for trading, I do not give a f*** when people trade anything.

IT DOES PISS ME OFF WHEN FANS PUT A LOT OF MONEY INTO FOOTAGE, MUSIC ETC TO DISTRIBUTE ..... TO THEN BE RIPPED OFF A WEEK LATER BY SOMEBODY WITH A DVD BURNER WHO HAS NO INPUT FINANTIALLY WITH THE PROJECT WHATSOEVER!!!!!

I not holier than thou, BUT I/ we have been involved in certain projects where we have dug deep & paid the money, just to be ripped off.
There are a few members of this MB who have done this, you know who you are.

Do you think we got the shot's for our Loving You book for nothing??
NO!
We dug deep & with Ger Rijff hopefully put together a nice book. WE PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MOUTH'S ARE.

Oh, & by the way......

THERE IS NO WAY EITHER OF US WOULD DISRESPECT ANYONE WETHER THEY ARE CUSTOMERS OR NOT BY OFFERING THEM £20 OR £30 FOR ORIGINAL L.Y LOBBY CARDS. YOU ARE TALKING S***

Enough of this, I'm going to watch West Ham win the FA Cup.

houndog

Post by houndog »

unfortunatly mr chris g the younger it is not complete BS as you so pleasantly put it.

there are a number of points in your rather pathetic post which are
showing your true colurs,

1. I did purchase an import lp from your father at Hemsby it was the year Scotty & DJ attended so that would make it about 1992 give or take a year, and i have already admitted that i was not knowledgeable in the collecting game at that time so if i paid what you father asked then that is my fault , just for you i'll repeat that "it was my fault"

2. YOU DONT KNOW ME AT ALL i have nver stepped foot in your shop or given you my name in the 2 phone calls i have made to you,

3. i didn't tell you i brought mine off ebay because I DIDNT i got it from a record fair in Leicester and the reason i rang up asking for a price was not to sell it to you but to get a valuation as i remebered the article in RC but didnt have it, all icould remember about it was that your father wrote it and the price quoted was £200+, in fact i still have my copy so i wasn't trying to sell it, i never even asked you about buying it from me, the person who answered the phone actually had to go and ask someone else for the information i wanted if that was you that answered the phone and you had to go and ask daddy maybe you should "do your homework son" if you want to talk to potential customers over the phone it doesn't come across very good when you ring any shop and the person your talking to doesn't know the answer about something they trade in.

4. no i didn't lose any sleep at all did you

5.granted your father has been behind and provided information for alot of excellent products alot of which i own but that doesn't give you a monopoly people can ask for something for nothing and if somone else wants to give it them so be it, yes the Behind the image people put alot of time and effort into there project but maybe if the price was more reflective then people would be more inclined to buy the original than copy and trade them, until recently i only purchased original imports but then due to circumstances i found i didn't have the spare cash to keep up with them so recently i have had to settle for cd-r's i am probably not the only person who cannot keep up with the cost of all these releases.

6. AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG THAT IS WHAT I WAS OFFERED FOR THEM , THE LY lobbycards

7. your day just got worse didnt it 2-0 up and threw it away oh dear oh dear , and before you start even more swearing at me i actually wanted West Ham to win as did most of the country :)

HOUNDOG

Post by Guest »

houndog wrote:unfortunatly mr chris g the younger it is not complete BS as you so pleasantly put it.

I have a way with words

there are a number of points in your rather pathetic post which are
showing your true colurs,

1. I did purchase an import lp from your father at Hemsby it was the year Scotty & DJ attended so that would make it about 1992 give or take a year, and i have already admitted that i was not knowledgeable in the collecting game at that time so if i paid what you father asked then that is my fault , just for you i'll repeat that "it was my fault"

I think we had better let sleeping dogs lie on this one.

2. YOU DONT KNOW ME AT ALL i have nver stepped foot in your shop or given you my name in the 2 phone calls i have made to you,

You are 100% correct on both these points I do not know you personally.
When I said "I know who you are now" I was pointing out the fact that I rememberd our telephone conversation.

3. i didn't tell you i brought mine off ebay because I DIDNT i got it from a record fair in Leicester and the reason i rang up asking for a price was not to sell it to you but to get a valuation as i remebered the article in RC but didnt have it, all icould remember about it was that your father wrote it and the price quoted was £200+, in fact i still have my copy so i wasn't trying to sell it, i never even asked you about buying it from me, the person who answered the phone actually had to go and ask someone else for the information i wanted if that was you that answered the phone and you had to go and ask daddy maybe you should "do your homework son" if you want to talk to potential customers over the phone it doesn't come across very good when you ring any shop and the person your talking to doesn't know the answer about something they trade in.

What are you on???? :shock:
We both have very diffrent recollections about that phone call & believe me, it did not go down like that.

It is very true that I do not posess my father's knowledge when it comes to vinyl, but I know enough to get by (at the age of 30 & being around it all my life, you would expect a little to be retained). That LP I am very well aware of as I remember the buzz around when he realised what the LP was, hence the RC article.
So no, this time I did not have to do my homework!
And yes, you did tell me you bought it from Ebay.

4. no i didn't lose any sleep at all did you.

I didn't loose any sleep. My wife did Saturday night when I relayed this story to her & she realised what a sad man she had married, by actually taking time out of my life to deal with this.

5.granted your father has been behind and provided information for alot of excellent products alot of which i own but that doesn't give you a monopoly people can ask for something for nothing and if somone else wants to give it them so be it, yes the (deleted - see guidelines #9) people put alot of time and effort into there project but maybe if the price was more reflective then people would be more inclined to buy the original than copy and trade them, until recently i only purchased original imports but then due to circumstances i found i didn't have the spare cash to keep up with them so recently i have had to settle for cd-r's i am probably not the only person who cannot keep up with the cost of all these releases.

Maybe the price reflects what the product cost to have made? But i'm sure you don't care about that, only the fact you get the product by any means necessary.
Oh, & by the way.... I believe this conversation was started about the Adrenaline DVD, which I will let go as I'm sure that you don't know is an actual official release.
Why you're spouting off about import's I do not know.

6. AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG THAT IS WHAT I WAS OFFERED FOR THEM , THE LY lobbycards

As this is taking far to much time we'll have to agree to disagree.

7. your day just got worse didnt it 2-0 up and threw it away oh dear oh dear , and before you start even more swearing at me i actually wanted West Ham to win as did most of the country :)
We played decent game & gave 110%. That's all the fan's ask.
If Stevie Gerrard plays like that for England I will be very happy.

Swearing offends you I take it?
Putting money up for projects to be put together only to be ripped off offends me.
I will refrain from offending you if you refrain from offending me.
Deal??? Didn't think so.....
:roll:

houndog

Post by houndog »

your right this is taking far to much time up.....we can go on and on and nothing will change so this is the end for me , we are both entitled to a difference of opinion

deal done :wink:

HOUNDOG

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

I do know who you are, Houndog. You're someone who can't spell Hound Dog properly. So no doubt eveything you say is a lie.

I've dealt with The Elvis Shop for years and they've never ripped me off. One thing I do know is that they have to deal with lots of pricks after jumpsuits, wigs, Freddie Starr memorabilia, Orion records and other such crap.

And now they've got you. Poor sods.

But it's HOUND DOG, okay? That's H-O-U-N-D D-O-G.

houndog

Post by houndog »

so even after we both call a stop to the thread and agree to disagree we get a "TIT join the topic just to add his unimportant opinion

Houndog is spelt like that because unfortunately the correct spelling of it was taken as a user name already so its whats called a play on words

glad yourr a loyal customer to the Elvis shop, if you read my posts properly i said they have always managed to come up with rare items and MrGiles has produced some great projectsover they years of which own some.

it was my personal experience i was talking about and i am entitled to it whether it differs from yours or Chris G the youngers, as i said we had reached the point where we agreed to disagree but you popped up, been released for the day have you.

here's another play on words for you to

are you a left tit - as in you should of left tit alone and not got involved with this

or me thinks your a RIGHT TIT - says it all really

goodbye loser

HOUNDOG

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

Well............

You ain't never caught a rabbit, so you ain't no friend of mine.

houndog

Post by houndog »

and he wasnt calling me names the very first line of his post

You're someone who can't spell Hound Dog properly. So no doubt eveything you say is a lie.

apparantly because i cant spell Houndog i am a liar very logical conlusion to come to.

he can give whatever opinion he wants doesn't bother me but he should stick to the topic,

yes i am aware ofthe rules and like im the first person to ever call anyone names on here, so get off your soap box and stop preachin

HOUNDOG

Post by Guest »

houndog wrote:
it was my personal experience i was talking about and i am entitled to it whether it differs from yours or Chris G the youngers,
No, it wasn't your own personal experience. It was your version of event's.

And that is being kind.

houndog

Post by houndog »

this is now pathetic

steve if you re read my posts i did answer your questions

Houndog you gave your opinion and claimed your right to do so, but you don't think Tits is allowed or should give his ?
[/quote][/quote]

he can give whatever opinion he wants doesn't bother me but he should stick to the topic
[quote]Then in response to his opinion you name call him ?[/quote]
apparantly because i cant spell Houndog i am a liar very logical conlusion to come to.
[quote]Are you aware of the very rules you agreed to sign up to when you became a member here [/quote]
yes i am aware ofthe rules and like im the first person to ever call anyone names on here, so get off your soap box and stop preachin

so you see i answered your questions

to Chris G - granted it was my version of events and as i have stated more than once now i have accepted that our opinions differ and we are both entitled to them, maybe i was wrong in airing my opinion on here , i have no doubt that you have many more satisfied customers than disatissfied ones but as a retail business you have to agree that you cannot please everyone all the time but as i said i was wrong for airing my grievance on here so i apologise to you for that , and for me now that really is it,if i am thrown off for having an opinion as Steve M seems to be so set on happening then that is my fault also.

HOUNDOG

houndog

Post by houndog »

i dont remeber asking you for anything you joined in so therefore i owe you zilch

i dont believe that you are quite as ignorant as you are making out
Then in response to his opinion you name call him ?
yes he called me liar so i called him a loser , there fore i answered your question

Houndog you gave your opinion and claimed your right to do so, but you don't think Tits is allowed or should give his ?
[/quote][/quote]

yes again a i answered it i said he can give his opinion on what he wants

Are you aware of the very rules you agreed to sign up to when you became a member here
for the third time yes i replied i am aware of the rules

does this satisfy you now or you still confused

does his opinion bother me NO neither does yours as i would imagine mine doesn't bother you or Tits

but when your called a liar just for purposely spelling a name wrong to be able to use it that to you is acceptable is it.
i dont see you giving him a hard time about his illogical argument that i must be liar because i spelt something purposely rong

HOUNDOG

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

Now come on kiddies, let's play together nice. All this fighting because of something ol' Tits said? Life's too short for all this bickering. Let's have a party instead.

I'll tell you what: let's all meet at my place (I'll clear some space on the top of the wardrobe). Steve M - you bring the hooch. Houndog - you bring the pickles, and I'll supply the nuts.

How's that?

Friends?

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

Hey! Hey! Hey! (that's all right girls, you can call it goop...)
Didn't you read my last post? Now come on - let's be friends. Are you coming to the party or what? I've got to let the catering company (the missus) know how many are coming.

Post by Guest »

Deleated.
Error in double post.
Last edited by Guest on Thu May 18, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

houndog wrote: to Chris G - granted it was my version of events and as i have stated more than once now i have accepted that our opinions differ and we are both entitled to them, maybe i was wrong in airing my opinion on here , i have no doubt that you have many more satisfied customers than disatissfied ones but as a retail business you have to agree that you cannot please everyone all the time but as i said i was wrong for airing my grievance on here so i apologise to you for that , and for me now that really is it.
As I said before, I want to put this to bed, but by mentioning your "personal experience" it seemed you wanted to re-address this subject.

Yes, it was wrong for you to bring this up on this forum in my opinion. If you have a grievance with us you should call the shop.
There is never a problem here & we will always discuss things.
By saying we "Rip people off with prices" etc, potential Elvis fans/ customers who have not dealt with us before may think of the proverbial there's no smoke without fire.

Good luck with your Elvis collecting/ dealing.......
& all the best for the future, Chris.