All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

THIS IS ELVIS ANNIVERSARY DVD

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:22 am

Warner Brothers will release this in Aug 2007. It will be a 2 DVD set. I heard it straight from Andrew Solt to me. Andrew doesn't own the rights anymore to this one or John Lennon Imagine. He said he's pissed because the Lennon one sell's 100,000 units per year. I will be getting a special copy of TIE with a timecode at the bottom. If the DVD is anything that we haven't seen I'll fill everyone in (with a copy).

TCB
Jon

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 am

Sounds very cool.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks. Hope it's true.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:03 am

How about the rest of "missing" movies Warner was supposed to bring out. There is no indication they would be out this year, at least...

Is anyone planning to attend the Warner chat Feb 21st? I would, only it's held at 3AM my time. Someone should. And that someone should ask very pointed questions regarding Charro et. al, and Elvis on Tour! :wink:

Re: THIS IS ELVIS ANNIVERSARY DVD

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:27 am

JonRomanovich wrote:If the DVD is anything that we haven't seen I'll fill everyone in (with a copy).

If the performances are all made complete, that will make for a worthy purchase, otherwise ...

DJC

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:29 am

Great news! The 2 DVD news sounds promising. Hope we get to see the additional Graceland footage, and perhaps some unreleased CBS special in great quality.

Great News

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:14 pm

This is Great News, They will most likely release a box set in 2007, much like the 2002 box set Today, Tomorrow, and Forever. Except they may not have alternative takes as they seem to have gone away from the alternatives with the New 6 Cd themed set this year. Who knows, though. I wish that they release a 2 DVD set of Elvis on Tour, maybe Elvis in Concert too. The only problem with EIC(Elvis in Concert) is that he looked terrible and sick and with a general release, BMG would probably not show the average customer Elvis as a very ill and fat man. That is one reason why they have young pictures of Elvis on BMG CD's. Elvis represented the youth culture of the 1950's and you can use that idea 50 years later. It looks like 2007 will be another good Elvis year.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:53 pm

Andrew Solt says he no longer has creative control. He will be more of a consultant on the project, lending his voice for commentary. Warner Bros and EPE are combining forces (per AS) for the DVD.

In all seriousness..my guess is(only my opinion)
1 DVD will be the 144 minute version and the 2nd DVD will be some bullshit put together by the Estate.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:04 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:Andrew Solt says he no longer has creative control. He will be more of a consultant on the project, lending his voice for commentary. Warner Bros and EPE are combining forces (per AS) for the DVD.

1 DVD will be the 144 minute version and the 2nd DVD will be some bullshit put together by the Estate.

But at least it is more or less confirmed that This Is Elvis will be released as a 2-DVD set in 2007?

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us (in a positive way!) regarding the 2nd DVD disc...? :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Andrew is friends with my brother. My brother works at Ardustry Entertainment. Andrew is looking for an avenue to release ALL the Elvis Ed Sullivan appearances. My brother being a bit more than a casual Elvis fan asked questions about TIE. Those were Andrew's responses.

I guess the Ed Sullivan would be cool too!
AS apparently owns all the rights to the Ed Sullivan stuff.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:36 pm

We are talking about 2007. It is not even 8/06 so I personally think it is too far away to get all worked up on it. Many, many things can change.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm

But it is great news!

TIE SE

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:11 pm

The recently released DVD version of John Lenon's Imagine Biopic gave us a clean cinema print of the film with padded out extras with talking heads like his school teacher etc. BUT the only thing of any new interest was a new acoustic live concert recording of 'Imagine'.

I would suspect the 2007 version of TIE would be 1 disc of the cinema print and 1 disc of the Home Box Office longer version. If were lucky perhap a full length interview featured within the film, some talking-heads stuff and alittle something from EPE's archive, if they are actively involved in the project. I can't see them stripping apart the film and remaking it!!!

Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:46 am

How about an easter egg that includes rapid city and omaha?
That way, a limited number of the general public would know about it, but of course, news would soon spread through the elvis 'world'........

Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:55 am

JonRomanovich wrote:Andrew is friends with my brother. My brother works at Ardustry Entertainment. Andrew is looking for an avenue to release ALL the Elvis Ed Sullivan appearances. My brother being a bit more than a casual Elvis fan asked questions about TIE. Those were Andrew's responses.

I guess the Ed Sullivan would be cool too!
AS apparently owns all the rights to the Ed Sullivan stuff.

One of my coolest Elvis experiences was taking a nighttime tour of Graceland with a group that included Andrew. This was at the time of the release of Great Performances.

I asked him what he remembered about the filming at Graceland - specifically upstairs. He recalled that the crew tore squares of toilet paper from the dispenser next to Elvis' commode.

Amazing they haven't turned up on eBay, along with Elvis' toenails...

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:35 am

Larry Dickman. wrote:How about an easter egg that includes rapid city and omaha?
That way, a limited number of the general public would know about it, but of course, news would soon spread through the elvis 'world'........

Larry, I think by now a great deal of fans already know about the RC and Omaha footage, thanks to the internet.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:46 am

I look forward to this release just to have it on DvD
in one way, at the same I hope they do put some
kind of extra effort into the Bonus features....

For example all the outtakes of the Johnny Harra scene's..

All the footage shot of the grounds and
in side the home.....
All outtakes of Joe Esposito and Jerry Shilling, especially if they were expressing their feelings at the time......

An option of taking away Donner's voice would be cool too,
as his voice was really irritating....

An last but not least complete songs......
PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:00 am

Great news and I'm with the Doc in requesting unedited versions of songs.
Rick

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:22 am

Andrew Solt says he no longer has creative control. He will be more of a consultant on the project, lending his voice for commentary. Warner Bros and EPE are combining forces (per AS) for the DVD.

With EPE involved, who knows how they may want things re-edited. Will they allow more footage of Graceland (especially the upstairs) to be issued? Their vision of Graceland and how it was left when Elvis died are completely different and they are very protective of Elvis' private upstairs quarters. Hopefully Elvis' performances will be complete. But will EPE allow more CBS footage? EPE's direct involvment may be a blessing, but most likely in this case it will deter from the project.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:30 am

moodyblue1 wrote:
Larry, I think by now a great deal of fans already know about the RC and Omaha footage, thanks to the internet.

I'm sure they do Moody, but I'm also sure a lot of us would like the footage complete, as well as being re-mastered.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:32 am

IMDB says Dana MacKay played Elvis at 35. What part of the movie is this guy in? Am I having a total brain Fool?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:57 am

JonRomanovich wrote:IMDB says Dana MacKay played Elvis at 35. What part of the movie is this guy in? Am I having a total brain Fool?

I believe he is in the "hopsitalized" scene where Elvis is seen walking around Babtist Memorial in his robe with "Linda" by his side.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:01 am

This is going to be a great release I can not wait :D

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:04 am

TINML-i thought that was actual footage. please don't tell me its not, thats as candid as you can get :D

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:41 pm

I did receive my DVD rip from my brother from Andrew Solt. It is the theatrical release with Joe Esposito racing up the Graceland stairs from the Jungle Room (scenes), and the swearing in 1972, and Are You Lonesome Tonight. It is a SUPER CLEAN copy (the cleaniest version I have) yet it has a time code.
Andrew said he is working with EPE (as he did 25 years ago) to "re-vamp" the old documentary (his words not mine.) My brother asked if he was still going to include Johnny Harra overdubs and he got a response along the lines of ..."only when it calls for it.."

Elvis News has reported that Andrew Solt did not have ownership of John Lennon Imagine. Andrew Solt did have a partial piece of that movie, but nothing in the form of DVD release, now it does sell 100,000 units per year (according to Andrew Solt) and his comments where more along the lines of "let that slip away.."
Elvis News sent him an email..who knows who responded.
I can only tell you this came directly from Andrew's mouth to my brother (who I have to trust right??)