All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Girl Happy

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:51 am

Perhaps this has been discussed before. I was watching it last night and I noticed how Shelly is acting like such a clone of Ann in Viva Las Vegas!

Her smacking her thighs, that dreamy shimmy of her head...etc. It is done well though, but it still is quite noticeable.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:53 am

What's the problem :?: :lol:
ImageImage
And in case anyone missed it:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

I have a DVD-R of the Turner widescreen broadcast of this flick. Pretty well-done! But I look forward to the Deluxe DVD. :D
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:59 am

Uh..great birthday thread. Though there is not one mention of what I had just spoke of.

So yeah, Shelly is hot, yeah Shelly had a birthday, yeah Shelly got hurt....now can we get back on topic?

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:05 am

I think that was just a common dance of the day. You see chicks dancing like that in all the" beach blanket bingo" movies, too.
spike

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:12 am

Oh, I see. You control the "All-Elvis" area as well? Get a life.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:12 am

No it wasn't the dance, it was the way she was acting in the film. Watch the two side by side and you will see what I am speaking about. Particularly is when she takes the stage with Elvis. Almost a exact clone of "C'mon Everybody".

It is a complete robbery!

Greg,

No I was merely pointing out that you contributed nothing. Go have a cup of coffee. :wink:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:19 am

I "contributed" plenty. Let's face it: the subject of "Girl Happy" and "Shelley Fabares" is pretty finite.

And what brings you back to the "all-Elvis" area at long last?

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:27 am

Well, if Shelley is copying Ann, Ann spent a great deal of her early career aping Marilyn Monroe. I'll take Marilyn and Shelley over Ann any day.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:32 am

:lol:

Bud I have been here for a long time.

My post wasn't aimed at recreating the wheel, I was just curious if anyone else noticed.

You of course being the simpleton, will jump on to sabotage and being first poster to boot!

Now go away, I can't help it if you got your feewings hurt.

XXXXXXXXXx

Jerry,

The curious part is that it is only 2 movies later! I am betting audiences at the time saw it as well. Poor imitation if you ask me. Hot as Shelly was, it is so blatant, I am wondering why Ann didn't sue. :lol:

Do you know what I am speaking of???

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:38 am

Genesim: As often as I've watched Girl Happy(and that's a lot), as it's always been one of my faves, I've never noticed. I'll just have to watch it again.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:38 am

Genesim calls me the simpleton. How do you like that, folks? :smt046 :smt030 :smt038

Let's face it: most of your postings are mostly incoherent rants on the off-topic section. But welcome back to Elvisdom. It is better over here, don't you think?
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:41 am

Are these more of those "contributions"?

By the way, who are you talking too. The imaginary "folks". :lol:

Here, I will give it to you straight.

I am sorry, Greg, I didn't mean to offend you. Perhaps simpleton was a little too harsh perhaps your little ego cannot take such a jab. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Now can we get back on topic or are you gonna throw another fit??

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:43 am

Who's having a fit? I like "Genesim."

"Image "
If we didn't have one, we'd have to invent one.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:46 am

I can see my request was too much to ask.

NEXT

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:52 am

Geno wrote [about Shelley Fabares]:
Her smacking her thighs, that dreamy shimmy of her head...etc.

Shelley & Ann-Margret are both girls.

Girls just do that sort of thing !

Thank goodness !

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:53 am

Genesim comes to the Elvis board and gets such stimulating discussions going. Hah-hah. :roll:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:54 am

deleted
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:55 am

Greg, he doesn't mean to offend anyone, he just manages to do it naturally.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:57 am

Colin B,

Thanks for that description. I really am glad that you shed some light on the subject.

Did I really start the topic-how many asssholes can we get to respond to a simple observation?

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:01 am

genesim wrote:Colin B,

Thanks for that description. I really am glad that you shed some light on the subject.

Did I really start the topic-how many asssholes can we get to respond to a simple observation?

>Shudder<

:shock: FECC Guidelines
#2- Use of bad language : It's possible to disagree with someone without cussing or the likes.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:04 am

So are you the spokemen for said group? :lol: :lol:

Sorry FECC, I shant do it again. *smack* *smack* That was my first warning.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:28 am

first ? Really ? I am surprised. Pleasantly, of course.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:34 am

Greg -

No No - it's all right !

I actually am an assshole !

So no insult, really.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 am

What I know is: I love this movie and the soundtrack is great too!

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 am

genesim wrote:... I was merely pointing out that you contributed nothing.

Irony, have you met clueless?

DJC