All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:37 am

I'm no expert but wouldn't the "Flame Suit" from Oct 76 tour be the last "New" one?

Axe

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:07 pm

Axe, some fans say they saw this ealier on, round 73 in Vegas. no photos to support this though.

For a new suit to be worn twice within a few days and never again was strange for 76 if it hadn't been worn before.

Re: Question in regards to the Lack of Jumpsuits by 1977 ..

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:38 pm

the only Jumpsuit that seemed to fit Elvis was the Sundial suit in 77

This is not necessarily true. There were still jumpsuits that Elvis could have worn in June 1977. He was actually bigger in December 1975 and most of 1976 than he was in 1977. He could have worn any number of jumpsuits including the two piece suits from early 1975.

Why didn't he?

Nobody knows.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm

I´m not sure, that Elvis "had enough" concerning Jump Suits. Bill Belew once said in an interview, that "they" (Elvis & him) were creating a new sensationell Suit with very little "mirrors" on it, so that with the lights on stage a tremendous look would have been created. But it never came to it... (maybe it is the blue one mentioned up here, I don´t know?!)
I have read, that Elvis in 1977 doesn´t want to get a "new one", because they had to make it "bigger" than the old sizes and he doesn´t want to. As soon as he had his early weight, he would agree to it. (This is an answer I have heard often from "heavy weight persons", so it is (could be) realistic, because every "heavy weight" comes to a point, when he will say: "Stop not more, now it´s time to minimize my weight!"

P.S:
That Elvis wanted to change his outfit (no more suits, because the 80s are commin´)...mmmh...the graceland-sessions in 1976 are more or less "old stuff" (I like them, but nothing seems to be new...that means no "future project"?????) and in 1976 he often said, that he liked "just to sing on stage WITHOUT moving around" (like sinatra did it).
I´m not sure, that Elvis would have changed a lot. Since years (maybe since 72) he almost stopped rocking on stage (okay sometimes he did, but often everything was gone after Opening Nights).
So no aim to loose weight, just beeing on stage without moving, just singing ballads...mmmhh...hard to imagine, that a revolution would have happened in 1978/1979...I don´t think so....

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:19 pm

Hey Axe........I love the Flame Suit too!!

Unfortunately, Ive yet to see a pic of him in that suit that was flattering.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:40 am

Here's what Elvis may have looked like in the last suit for anyone interested in seeing this.........Funny how it doesn't look as bad as it did just sitting on a mannequin
At the same time the suit looks a little like the suit which is seen here in 72' and used at the Garden afternoon show.
Nevertheless by 77' the jump-suits did have their day.

PEP 8)

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:12 am

I agree, PEP, ....... Elvis could have & would have pulled the look off had he actually had a chance to wear it (and wanted to, that is).

People keep forgeting that nobody really looks decent in a jumpsuit, ....... except EP. The same thing could be said of much of his clothing in the 70's (which, face it, some of it IMO looked like pimp-wear, ......... but EP still pulled it off).

N8
... just a fan ....

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:18 am

N8, it was pimp-wear, :lol: , what other word is there for it ?

Having heard Bill Belew many a time, how shall i say... erm ..... well did he sometimes think (wish) Elvis was his bitch ?

Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:13 am

Steve_M wrote:N8, it was pimp-wear, :lol: , what other word is there for it ?

Having heard Bill Belew many a time, how shall i say... erm ..... well did he sometimes think (wish) Elvis was his bitch ?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

---------------------------

Not to add any can-of-worms, but -----> it has been rumoured that Fike & Hodge swung both ways, too. (emphasis on the word "rumoured", plus, none of my business anyway).

N8
... just a fan ....

Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:56 am

N880EP wrote:Not to add any can-of-worms, but -----> it has been rumoured that Fike & Hodge swung both ways, too. (emphasis on the word "rumoured", plus, none of my business anyway).

N8
... just a fan ....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I don't want that image in my head....maybe that was the real reason Elvis back handed Hodge he wouldn't quit screaming like a b@#$%...and he wanted to beat it out of him. See how these things get started....

Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:29 pm

N880EP wrote:People keep forgeting that nobody really looks decent in a jumpsuit, ....... except EP. The same thing could be said of much of his clothing in the 70's (which, face it, some of it IMO looked like pimp-wear, ......... but EP still pulled it off).

I agree....some of the stuff that Elvis wore, I wouldn't be caught dead in but he could most definitely get away with wearing those types of clothes.

Elvis was cool.....'nuff said!

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:17 am

This picture is closer to what Elvis may have looked like wearing this suit in Aug of 77'.

Head shot is of course from June 77' CBS Special.
PEP 8)

Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:57 am

It is actually more flattering than the mexican sundial suit. The mexican sundial suit is not a suit for an overweight man. Have a huge round gold circle on top of a gut is maybe not the way to go. As Rob pointed out, there were other more suitable obtions he could have chosen in 1977.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:15 am

Scatter wrote:I love the Flame Suit too!! Unfortunately, Ive yet to see a pic of him in that suit that was flattering.

You're being too critical. There must be one you like.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:19 am

Theres that Orbison haircut again.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:34 am

I think it's the sideburns that make him look not so great here, if he had the same kind of burns like from July '75, he would look much better. He's looked worse than in these pictures(unfortunatly). I saw this "flame" suit last time I was at Graceland, it is even more striking in person.....

JEFF d
Elvis fans

Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:55 pm

I agree: Elvis should've gone back to the '75 sideburns.

JLGB wrote:Theres that Orbison haircut again.

OK, I always thought it was the Moe Howard haircut :lol:

Tom (from Ohio)

Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:23 am

Thanks Rob........there are a couple of them in that batch that are not too bad!

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:24 am

I really like the first pic that I posted above all others. Think I'll post it again for my own amusement.

Re: Question in regards to the Lack of Jumpsuits by 1977 ..

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Does anyone know about this image in the blue lazer suit, from the 29th dec 2005 on peps comments, as elvis never got to wear the blue lazer suit i heared somwhere it was unfinished. thank you kindly Michell moore X

Re:

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Where is this blue lazer suit picture from, does anyone know thank you michelleX

PEP wrote:This picture is closer to what Elvis may have looked like wearing this suit in Aug of 77'.

Head shot is of course from June 77' CBS Special.
PEP 8)