All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis and his tan

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:54 am

how many times did Elvis tan? did he have any freckles or moles so there could've been a possibility of melanoma?

also, post some pics of his tan if you want. as a guy, i'd die to have his without anything life threatening happening. i think his best tan was on holiday in may 72 in hawaii before the MSG shows. he never looked better!

i can't find it though lol

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:58 am

ah here it is

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/hawaiimay72-1.jpg

Re: Elvis and his tan

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:59 am

Great post!

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:how many times did Elvis tan?

249. No, it was 252.

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:did he have any freckles or moles so there could've been a possibility of melanoma?

He had 2 freckles, and 3 moles. All removed by Vernon and Dodger in 1959.

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:also, post some pics of his tan if you want.

Gee, thanks!

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:i think his best tan was on holiday in may 72 in hawaii before the MSG shows. he never looked better!

Oh, nothing beats his tan in June 1968. It rivals ANYTHING that phony George Hamilton ever showed in public.

DJC

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:00 am

You didn't really expect serious answers from this thread, did you?

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:02 am

yes i did, i thought i'd get some expert answers
don't worry, somebody will be serious................ :roll:

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:05 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:yes i did, i thought i'd get some expert answers

Did you miss post #3 above??

No one knows Elvis, the Tan and his Music, more than me!!

DJC

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:06 am

Trust me, I'm not worried. However, I do have one question for you.
Have you ever worn a sign on your back that says something like this.....

Somebody Please Kick Me!

Just wondering.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:09 am

no, but i'm sure you have, cause you ask for it :lol:

and yes Doc, i did read #3 post

oh jesus christ! it seems every question i ask, i get bashed for, coz i'm 15? be grateful for that, coz there are'nt that many kids my age that like Elvis

its just a curious question, nothing really stupid, you guys make it out to be though

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:57 am

I hope Elvis stopps his intense tanning, because I'm afraid he could get ill and die.....

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:58 am

Here we go.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:08 pm

personally i liked his looks best when he wasn't quite so tan...

exception being ttwii. he has a very dark tan there, but it looks good.

for example, i really do like his look in eot, even though that's mostly the lighting causing the paleness. there's a lot of people that seem to complain that he wasn't tan enough in eot, but if you look when the stage-lights aren't on him, he looks more tanned.

though i must say, some points in the 60s he really did tap into his part-cherokee heritage, and not just the roles where he was playing indian or part-indian...flaming star, stay away joe, gi blues, blue hawaii...am i missing any?

funny thing was is he was born a blonde/blue-eyed boy.

personally i prefered him with the dark brown hair-dye rather than the blue-black color. his best later hair was between 69-71. and it's a shame it took years for the sideburns to come back after king creole. it would have really helped his appearance in the early to mid-60s. also i'd have had him do the non-plastered mop hair with bangs and thicker sideburns earlier. it really made a difference. though the 70s had a few helmet hair problems.

i'd have to say some of the pictures where he looks absolutely AMAZING, are that occasion where you see him showing off his guns and also the occasion where you see him with priscilla who is wearing the blue hoody top and elvis looks very regal. his hair looks great and his tan is just right.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

DJC

LMAO!

Geoff

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:28 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

DJC

LMAO!

Geoff

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the meaning of LMAO??

Since English is not my first language certain things I donĀ“t know. :D
Thanks in advance.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:33 pm

There is no such thing as a stupid question, although this thread may be close :wink:

LMAO. Laughing My Ass Off.

Best wishes

Geoff

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Does anyone know what factor lotion Elvis used? Doc?

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:22 am

tupelo_boy wrote:There is no such thing as a stupid question, although this thread may be close :wink:

LMAO. Laughing My Ass Off.

Best wishes

Geoff

Thanks for the answer.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:51 am

whats so stupid about the question tupelo boy? it was a curious question and i get bashed for it?! pathetic

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:02 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:whats so stupid about the question tupelo boy? it was a curious question and i get bashed for it?! pathetic

If you have to ask, no answer will suffice.

Take a peek around the Internet, you'll find plenty of other Elvis MBs happy to debate your "curious question."

DJC
Elvis - The Tan And His Music

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:48 pm

drjohncrapenter wrote: No one knows Elvis, the Tan and his Music, more than me!!

DJC

True!

Doc's ultimate gay dream is to rub suntan lotion all over Elvis.

'68 Elvis, that is.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:50 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
drjohncrapenter wrote: No one knows Elvis, the Tan and his Music, more than me!!

DJC

True!

Doc's ultimate gay dream is to rub suntan lotion all over Elvis.

'68 Elvis, that is.

You really are obsessed with homosexual acts. They are never far from the surface in your mind are they?

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:51 pm

Hey Scott, some of these guys need to make a quick trip to the Sydney beaches!!! :wink:

They'll get a bit more than a tan!!! :wink:

8)

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:52 pm

TJ wrote:You really are obsessed with homosexual acts. They are never far from the surface in your mind are they?

Wrong TJTJTJ.

re: drjohncrapenter. The way he obsesses over the '68 Comeback Elvis,
it's something not far from the surface of his mind!

- see TJ, to make a homo insinuation of a straight person is an attempt to insult.
I made such an insinuation to Doc above.

Difference is: GG aint gay.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:53 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:whats so stupid about the question tupelo boy? it was a curious question and i get bashed for it?! pathetic

No, what is pathetic is that I tried to warn you of the responses you'd get from this thread and you chose not to listen.

You made that bed you're sleeping in.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:53 pm

sam wrote:Hey Scott, some of these guys need to make a quick trip to the Sydney beaches!!! :wink:

They'll get a bit more than a tan!!! :wink:

8)

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:52 pm

I think his best tan was the Bonja airplane shot of 1970.