All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:07 am

Looks like Hill is a frustrated psychoanalyst. :roll:

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:12 am

Ezzz wrote:Did`nt she claim E was drunk when he shot the Return To Sender scene ?

I heard the same somewhere.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:16 am

Renan wrote:
Ezzz wrote:Did`nt she claim E was drunk when he shot the Return To Sender scene ?

That was Stella Stevens.

And he wasn't.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:42 am

ColinB wrote:
Renan wrote:

That was Stella Stevens.

And he wasn't.

Yes, probably she was drunk and thought Elvis was too.....

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:48 am

In the RETURN TO SENDER scene she looks pissed off at Elvis' character. I guess she was not acting! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:33 am

Jove wrote:Looks like Hill is a frustrated psychoanalyst. :roll:

She's actually a noted drama teacher in London.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:49 am

Thanks for printing the article Dan! Very interesting.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:32 am

KiwiAlan wrote:
Jove wrote:Looks like Hill is a frustrated psychoanalyst. :roll:

She's actually a noted drama teacher in London.

And not a lot of people know that she played the part of Viola in Elvis' Roustabout film !

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:10 am

Gee I wonder why Elvis wasn't excited, motivated, or professional while working on "Paradise Hawaiian style." I think she caught Elvis at a low point in his life. His recordings were not selling as many, since Beatlemania took over, the movie career was headed down hill, the 68 special and touring were still years away, which re-interested him in his career.

And maybe, just maybe he did'nt like this chick.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:48 am

jeffreyjames wrote:Just because we like Elvis, does that make people who don't idiots?

Can I get back with you on this?

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:52 am

Didn't Mariana Hill play the town slut in High Plains Drifter? The one who deliberately bumps into Clint Eastwood, who then drags her into the barn and boffs her?

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:26 am

Here's another actress who seemed to enjoy working with Elvis.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/celeste.html

Re: Movie Co-stars

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:15 am

roelvis wrote:To Andrew.
Maybe I was a little bit unclear with my post. Sorry. Angela Lansbury openly stated, that she did not like Elvis very much. She regarded Blue Hawaii (maybe) as a low point in her career, but she also very openly confessed, that she was absolutely not impressed with Elvis or his acting. She did not really talk very friendly about him.

Well, some people just don't get along. Nothing to it really. Besides IMO Angela is correct about Elvis's acting in Blue Hawaii. His work in the film is pretty stiff.

Sue Ann Langdon who was in F & J said in one documentry that at the time in Hollywood an Elvis film wasn't regarded as a step up in ones career. I'm sure she's correct. In the end Elvis films were consired as a joke but of course Elvis & Colonel were laughing all the way to the bank.

Re: Movie Co-stars

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:56 am

Marko wrote:Elvis & Colonel were laughing all the way to the bank.

The Colonel no doubt, but not Elvis. I'm sure he would have given up his royalties for a film that he could be proud of.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:23 am

Pete Dube wrote:Didn't Mariana Hill play the town slut in High Plains Drifter?
The one who deliberately bumps into Clint Eastwood, who then drags her into the barn and boffs her?

Well, yes, but I don't think her character would have described herself as 'the town slut' !

I remember Marianna as the girl who bared all in the 1970 film El Condor !

I would !

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:34 am

ColinB wrote: I would !

you certainly would!!

:P

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:45 pm

ColinB wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:Didn't Mariana Hill play the town slut in High Plains Drifter?
The one who deliberately bumps into Clint Eastwood, who then drags her into the barn and boffs her?

Well, yes, but I don't think her character would have described herself as 'the town slut' !

Colin -
I haven't seen the film in years, but my recollection is that the film implied she was a bit of a 'round heels.'

The shameless hussy!

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:55 pm

Pete -

You wrote:
Colin -
I haven't seen the film in years, but my recollection is that the film implied she was a bit of a 'round heels.'

The shameless hussy!

I still would.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:50 pm

ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:
Colin -

The shameless hussy!

I still would.

I've no doubt. Word around here is that you'd shag the crack of dawn.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:01 pm

What's Dawn ever done to you Pete?

Geoff

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Indeed, Stella Stevens has sounded very bitter about her experience with Elvis. Perhaps she had no "experience" with Elvis, which is the root cause of her bitterness, I don't know. But she has said that of all the films she has done in her career, the only one she has not seen has been "Girls! Girls! Girls!"

Whatever wounds she has must run pretty deep.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:00 pm

Okay guys, I had to google "Stella Stevens talks about Elvis" to see what she said about Elvis and this is one of the websites I came up with:
http://girlsguidetoelvis.com/girlsonelvis.html

Sounds to me like she was mad because she had to play the girl that Elvis dumped and she seems to feel that doesn't fit her character.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:34 am

She sounds absolutely demented to me. "Girls! Girls! Girls" is not a good movie but it is not "Plan 9 From Outer Space." I wonder if she had a similar bout of artistic integrity before she was forced to do "The Granny" or "The Silencers". She should have been happy she was working. Plus, it turned out to be one of the two central works she is remembered for along with "The Nutty Professor." Of course, if that is the source of her anger I understand it. To have live in someone else's reflected glory can be tough when you want to establish something on your own.

I have always found the drunk rememberance as out of character. Priscilla recounts an incident of Elvis getting a drunk on a special occasion (New Years'? It's been 20 years since I read the book.) But it is out of character.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:49 pm

likethebike wrote: I have always found the drunk rememberance as out of character. Priscilla recounts an incident of Elvis getting a drunk on a special occasion (New Years'? It's been 20 years since I read the book.) But it is out of character.

I agree. I've only heard the one incident about him being drunk and I find it hard to believe. No one else has collaborated the story. How easy to say things when Elvis can't defend himself.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:07 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:
Colin -

The shameless hussy!

I still would.

I've no doubt. Word around here is that you'd shag the crack of dawn.

Pete, that's too funny!