Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

NEEDS! un up grade...

Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:06 pm

The 50"s and 60"s box sets?.

There has been a lot of new master tapes/better Q found since both box"s came out.

Would "you" that fan, love to see these get the upgrade?

I loved the boxs myself with A1 books,but i feel they need the up lift to the sound standard of the ELVIS IS BACK ftd or the last version of the 3 50"s cds that came out (loving you etc).

I can"t see these every been issued in box set form again,as it seems that the record company are going by the orig lp with bonus tracks at the end of each cd...we will see tho.

Just a view.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:22 pm

I am not paying £50 each again for upgraded box sets, much as I love them all :)

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:32 pm

This is a tricky one.

I would very much appreciate an upgrade of both the 50s, 60s and 70s box sets, in the best sound quality possible!

But, I would hate it if sensational stuff suddenly would appear just months after we've bought these sets once again!

So I would suggest that we all be a little more patient, in order for Ernst & Co to get a chance to track down virtually everything that's out there (I guess we will never know for sure if all surviving material has been discovered, but at least 99%).

Then, in let's say a few years time, when the well seems to have run dry:

Then it's time to do a makeover on these box-sets, perhaps adding a 6th cd to all of them, and upgrade them with the relevant material discovered after they originally were released.

Br
Kristian

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:36 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:perhaps adding a 6th cd to all of them, and upgrade them with the relevant material discovered after they originally were released.

That 6th CD would have to be a doozy.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:43 pm

Rob wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:perhaps adding a 6th cd to all of them, and upgrade them with the relevant material discovered after they originally were released.

That 6th CD would have to be a doozy.

Now, that doozy expression needs to be explained, Rob! :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian

Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:21 pm

I'd buy the '70s box set again IF it includes the secular masters they excluded the first time around. But the '50s & '60s sets? No.