right?

When he mentioned pulling up Elvis' pants in the bathroom,
within minutes my wife said, "okay, enough of this show."

From one of the Smith's taking a photo of Elvis' corpse
for profit (commented on by Joe with annoyance) to
Joe's own loose-lips (and alliance with the Colonel),
I'm surprised he gets such a free ride from some fans. :evil:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:45 pm

I wasn´t there because I was only born in 1985...but I remember that I became an Elvis fan with only four..and this was 1989..
Only in 1990 I had the "news" that he was dead and probably one of the worst things I´ve ever heard...I was in shock because with only 5 years I really cared for Elvis......like I still do...

Best Regards
Renan.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:10 pm

just wanted to tell here that yesterday - 16th august indeed is my birthday!

1963 - so i'm 42 now... feels a bit strange as an Elvisfan...

Dennis.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:20 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:From one of the Smith's taking a photo of Elvis' corpse for profit

I haven't got this DVD. Who did the deed then? I always had one of the Stanleys down for this.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:47 pm

Greg, Joe is okay, he gets far too rough a ride from the fans.

Your wife said enough after 5 mins of Joe telling it how it was. That's understandable.
But Joe tried to do the TCB thing in 77 and took responsibility when questioned on the day about finding Elvis dead. Fans have since cried "Liar!!!" because they know Ginger found him.
But Joes only other option was to tell the truth, "Ginger, Elvis' girlfriend found Elvis dead, face down in his own vomit and his bare ass on display so go and bug the hell outta her for info, not me"

When he does hint at the truth your wife understandably wants to turn it off. How can Joe win ?

As for tittle tattle to Parker, well Joe was paid by Elvis to TCB. If Elvis had some hair brained drug induced idea and Joe thought the Colonel should intervene in the best interests of Elvis then he'd say so. Everyone has levelled the accusation that Joe nor any of the others ever did anything to help Elvis in his latter years and by the same token they think it's outrageous to go behind Elvis' back. Again, how is Joe supposed to win ?

The other one is the profiteering. Well okay, so all of them could have took the time to take photos of Elvis and pick up the camera and film the fun instead of being a part of it, but only Joe seems to have made a habit of it so why not benefit. At the end of the day if the fans don't think he should profit from his collection then they can exercise their right not to buy it.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:26 pm

Interesting defense of Joe Esposito, Steve.
I'm not dogmatic on the issue. I think Doc and others
would take issue with how you see it.
I need to "read and learn" more
before I conclude anything but I'm wary given his
Colonel connection.

It's casual fans who find watching gossipy /maudlin stuff a bit much,
that's all. Perhaps I should have put on ALOHA rather
than a bunch of talking heads going on about August 16th..

Delboy, as discussed recently, i'm referring to the 16-hour
"Definitive Elvis" DVD set from Passport Video. It's a must.

Joe was referring to the National Enquirer cover shot.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:04 am

I forgot that the "Drug Diologue" from "Desert Strom" :lol: was also included in the DVD, which also helped force me to turn off the "entertainment"I was sharing.... :oops: :oops:

Not for casual fans or spouses! :oops:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:58 am

ELVIS ARON PRESLEY
The Eternal King of Rock N Roll
January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:04 am

Great pic elvis-fan!

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:52 am

elvis-fan wrote:ELVIS ARON PRESLEY
The Eternal King of Rock N Roll
January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:10 pm

I was watching the Chicago Cubs on television when a news bulletin came on announcing that Elvis had died. I shouted up the stairs to my sister, who was listening to the DeFranco Family(!) on her record player. It took a lot to chase sis from the record player at her age of 14, but news of Elvis' passing did. :cry:

Re: Remembering AUGUST 16, 1977

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 pm

This day always takes me back....