Mojo Magazine - Elvis: The Last Mystery / Without You!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
GuyLambert
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Mojo Magazine - Elvis: The Last Mystery / Without You!

Post by GuyLambert »

BobDylan wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:55 pm
I'm really looking forward to getting this album. It was/is at the top of my list for RSD.
The album will be released whether or not RSD happens, so I’ve been told.

ORION
Registered for: 9 years 5 months

Post by ORION »

Thank you so much for the link to the Podcast. I just listened and am thrilled the day has finally come that this package is being released.

elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by elvis4life »

Not sure on how this'll affect the Sweeney release:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/record-store-day-is-social-distancing-releases-to-be-split-across-three-dates/

'Record Store Day' Is Social Distancing; Releases To Be Split Across Three Dates
April 29, 2020

In 2020, the world is a different place. And for that reason, "Record Store Day" has had to adapt to fit into this different place.

"Record Store Day" will unfortunately no longer take place on June 20. Instead, the titles on the "Record Store Day" 2020 official list will be available from independent record shops on one of the three following RSD "Drop" Dates: Saturday, August 29; Saturday, September 26; and Saturday, October 24.

A new version of "The List" with assigned release dates will be launched on June 1 and updates will be found on the "Record Store Day" social media accounts.

"Record Store Day" 2020 — originally scheduled for April 18 — was bound to look and feel different from any of the previous twelve. Prior events have been as much about the gatherings, parties, concerts and "group hang" element of a celebration as the financial bonus for the record shops.

However, in this unprecedented situation, the focus of these three RSD Drop dates is on supporting the stores, as well as the artists, labels, distribution and every other business behind the scenes making record stores work.

"Record Store Day" organizers have looked at numerous possible dates and various ways to re-work an event that takes place at thousands of record stores around the world, taking into consideration the varying circumstances and situations they and their customers might find themselves in at any point this year.

This current "Record Store Day" 2020 plan to spread the spotlight and the support over three months, was made with as much available information as possible, and gives the largest number of stores a chance to participate globally in the strangest "Record Store Day" ever. "Record Store Day" will be using the guidance of government and scientific experts to ensure these RSD Drop dates are as socially responsible and safe for all involved as possible.

Don't necessarily expect all the normal in-store celebrations and events as these changes have been made to allow customers to get the "Record Store Day" product safely in a socially distanced world. The "Record Store Day" online rules will be adapted in due course in line with retail developments.

Fingers crossed for the return of the biggest party of the year on the third Saturday of April 2021. "Record Store Day" Black Friday is still being planned and is scheduled to take place on November 27.

Topic author
GuyLambert

Post by GuyLambert »

elvis4life wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:00 pm
Not sure on how this'll affect the Sweeney release:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/record-store-day-is-social-distancing-releases-to-be-split-across-three-dates/

'Record Store Day' Is Social Distancing; Releases To Be Split Across Three Dates
April 29, 2020

In 2020, the world is a different place. And for that reason, "Record Store Day" has had to adapt to fit into this different place.

"Record Store Day" will unfortunately no longer take place on June 20. Instead, the titles on the "Record Store Day" 2020 official list will be available from independent record shops on one of the three following RSD "Drop" Dates: Saturday, August 29; Saturday, September 26; and Saturday, October 24.

A new version of "The List" with assigned release dates will be launched on June 1 and updates will be found on the "Record Store Day" social media accounts.

"Record Store Day" 2020 — originally scheduled for April 18 — was bound to look and feel different from any of the previous twelve. Prior events have been as much about the gatherings, parties, concerts and "group hang" element of a celebration as the financial bonus for the record shops.

However, in this unprecedented situation, the focus of these three RSD Drop dates is on supporting the stores, as well as the artists, labels, distribution and every other business behind the scenes making record stores work.

"Record Store Day" organizers have looked at numerous possible dates and various ways to re-work an event that takes place at thousands of record stores around the world, taking into consideration the varying circumstances and situations they and their customers might find themselves in at any point this year.

This current "Record Store Day" 2020 plan to spread the spotlight and the support over three months, was made with as much available information as possible, and gives the largest number of stores a chance to participate globally in the strangest "Record Store Day" ever. "Record Store Day" will be using the guidance of government and scientific experts to ensure these RSD Drop dates are as socially responsible and safe for all involved as possible.

Don't necessarily expect all the normal in-store celebrations and events as these changes have been made to allow customers to get the "Record Store Day" product safely in a socially distanced world. The "Record Store Day" online rules will be adapted in due course in line with retail developments.

Fingers crossed for the return of the biggest party of the year on the third Saturday of April 2021. "Record Store Day" Black Friday is still being planned and is scheduled to take place on November 27.
When I hear anything for sure about the release date, I'll post an update.

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

Thank you Guy

Topic author
GuyLambert

Post by GuyLambert »

Some photos of the beautiful design and packaging by Grammy winner Brian Gunert of White Bicycle. Release date late August? Possibly fall. I received some copies and the vinyl is dead quiet, as were the test pressings. Bodes well for the pressing run!

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

"Rock 'n' roll's greatest mystery voice finally has a name"

GuyLambert wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:31 pm
Some photos of the beautiful design and packaging by Grammy winner Brian Gunert of White Bicycle. Release date late August? Possibly fall. I received some copies and the vinyl is dead quiet, as were the test pressings. Bodes well for the pressing run!

Sweeney LP_01.jpg
Sweeney LP_02.jpg
Sweeney LP_03.jpg
Sweeney LP_04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
GuyLambert

Post by GuyLambert »

Just received word. August 29, 2020 release date. The first of the three RSD drop dates.

ORION
Registered for: 9 years 5 months

Post by ORION »

If it sounds as good as it looks.. Mercy! That's one set I've got to track down.

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by George Smith »

That looks simply gorgeous, thank you.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

An updated link that works for now..... ;). Bye for now :smt006.
For over 60 years, no one knew who sang “Without You,” a demo that influenced Elvis Presley’s early recordings. Finally, Jimmy Sweeney has been identified as the mystery singer with the captivating voice; a talented, yet overlooked artist who can now claim his rightful place in rock ‘n’ roll history. In addition to “Without You”, this limited edition compilation features some of Sweeney’s best recordings, many of which were never released to the public. The release features a 12 page booklet with photos and extensive liner notes from Christopher Kennedy, the writer and musician who identified Sweeney as the mystery singer. The recordings have been restored and remastered by Dave Gardner at Infrasonic Mastering.

https://orgmusic.com/releases/jimmy-sweeney-without-you/

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
GuyLambert

Post by GuyLambert »

I know there's another thread on this (New book --> A plan of God & SUN - The Magic of Without You)...I thought I'd also post here too. Darrin Memmer has made an exciting discovery and has included it in his latest book. He's located handwritten lyrics and music sheet for Without You, from the collection of Dean Phillips. Dean was a pianist and married to Jud Phillips, Sam's brother. According to Darrin, Jud's wife Rose provided the documents to him. I messaged with Darrin and there's no songwriter listed but perhaps we're closer to knowing who wrote Without You. Did Dean write music? Why should she have the lyrics and music in her possession? Intriguing stuff.

drjohncarpenter

GuyLambert wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:33 pm
I know there's another thread on this (New book --> A plan of God & SUN - The Magic of Without You)...I thought I'd also post here too. Darrin Memmer has made an exciting discovery and has included it in his latest book. He's located handwritten lyrics and music sheet for Without You, from the collection of Dean Phillips. Dean was a pianist and married to Jud Phillips, Sam's brother. According to Darrin, Jud's wife Rose provided the documents to him. I messaged with Darrin and there's no songwriter listed but perhaps we're closer to knowing who wrote Without You. Did Dean write music? Why should she have the lyrics and music in her possession? Intriguing stuff.

Proceed with caution.

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89449&p=1409678#p1409678
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97668&p=1588864#p1588864

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
GuyLambert

Post by GuyLambert »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:59 am
GuyLambert wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Proceed with caution.

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89449&p=1409678#p1409678
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97668&p=1588864#p1588864
Hey Doc, I'm aware of the comments about Darrin's other books. I know from speaking with him recently that he's fallen on very hard times so I'm regarding his situation with compassion. The lyrics he printed on the back cover jive with the song. I find it amazing another piece of the puzzle has been located.

elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by elvis4life »

Hi GuyLambert, Any update regarding the release of the "No Gas" flipside of that acetate? Thanks & Happy New Year!

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

elvis4life wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:32 pm
Hi GuyLambert, Any update regarding the release of the "No Gas" flipside of that acetate? Thanks & Happy New Year!
Or a CD version... PLEASE!

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

drjohncarpenter

elvis4life wrote:

GuyLambert, can you please release gas in the new year?

:D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

What about Without You!/ gas reproduction acetate just like the My Happiness one

Greg1995
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Greg1995 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:36 pm
elvis4life wrote:

There may be hopefully some gas in 2024.

There are two unpublished live 50s tapes to be hopefully obtained. The samples are great.

I'd love 2024 to be a good release and discovery year for all of us!

Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

skabillyrebels wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:06 am
What about Without You!/ gas reproduction acetate just like the My Happiness one
Ditto!
Been thinking about this for some time also.

jacob
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by jacob »

Greg1995 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:14 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvis4life wrote:

There are two unpublished live 50s tapes to be hopefully obtained. The samples are great.

Can you share any details of the tapes?

drjohncarpenter

jacob wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:40 am

Save yourself time, just look at some of his earlier posts. The tapes are unverified though.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:28 pm
jacob wrote:

Save yourself time, just look at some of his earlier posts. The tapes are unverified though.
Maybe because you just don't have access to them. If you were a part of the insiders team, you would. But maybe nobody thought of inviting you or at least cared enough to let you know the information/material. Being kind, having good relationships with others helps and open the doors. You should try it sometimes!
Last edited by Greg1995 on Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

jacob wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:14 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvis4life wrote:

All I can say at this point is both are 1956.
One is a discovery of mine, one of somebody else.
The good thing is there are available excerpts of both. It's not just a rumour.

drjohncarpenter

Greg1995 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:17 pm
Maybe because you just don't have access to them. If you were a part of the insiders team, you would. But maybe nobody thought of inviting you or at least cared enough to let you know the information/material. Being kind, having good relationships with others helps and open the doors. You should try it sometimes!

You do yourself and everyone on this forum a disservice with your crass and immature comments.

Greg1995 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:21 pm
All I can say at this point is both are 1956.
One is a discovery of mine, one of somebody else.
The good thing is there are available excerpts of both. It's not just a rumour.

"there are available excerpts of both"

And this member will be sure to let everyone know about them . . . when he's good and ready.

_____

Confirmed: these tapes are unverified.

:smt023

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.