Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Ringo's new CD "Choose Love" - Quick Review/Commen

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:37 pm

Hey gang!

Just picked up the hybrid, dual disc version (CD one side, DVD other side) and have to say it's a damn good solo effort! Strong singing, melodic songs, very good lyrics and of course a "Beatley sound" on quite a few songs. More enjoyable on first few listens than the last one, "Ringo-rama". Only gave it two spins so far, but there are no songs that are "clunkers". So far highlights for me are; "Fading In, Fading Out", "Give Me Back The Beat", "Oh My Lord" (should be a single)....just realized I'm about to list EVERY song! *LOL* I really do like every song for a change (first for me on a Ringo album)! Also, Mark Hudson is the perfect studio companion
for Ringo. They obviously work well together. This is a fun, good times
cd to play!

The back cover warns "The audio side of this disc does not conform to CD specifications and therefor not all DVD and CD players will play the audio side of the disc"....how true! My portable CD player plays the CD audio side but my DVD/CD player at home won't and comes up as "No Disc". But I'm not worried as the DVD side DOES play and it has the album again in enhanced stereo so I get to hear it on my stereo speakers. There is a cool almost 10 min documentary on the making of the album,
lyrics, etc. Definitely worth getting instead of the regular CD version. Dual discs are very much like the DVD-A disc I have of PET SOUNDS where one side is the DVD stereo versions and other is lyrics and a few of their promo films to view.

Does anyone know if Ringo is releasing a single to promote this album, either in the US or Europe or Japan? If so, what bonus trax are contained on it? I think it's a trend for older artists whose songs won't get played in the Top 40 stations anymore that they don't release singles anymore(?). It's a loss for us collectors as we won't get any bonus non album tracks.

Anyhow, go buy, go enjoy. Lets talk it up about Ringo and this album as there is almost no talk about it on most message boards that I've checked.

Regards,
Buffalo Wings
:)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:58 pm

Err, wrong message board.

Try "off-topic" if you must.. :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:00 am

I have always posted non-Elvis music reviews in the Review Section as
it says : "Review Section. Here you can post your review!! Moderator Steve_M". It says nothing about it being particular to only Elvis.

Regards,
Buffalo Wings

Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:39 pm

Well, you may be the only one to post Beatle reviews or any other non-Elvis stuff in this section.

The name of the mb is still "For Elvis CD Collectors." Anything that is "of-topic" really ought to be there, not in our dedicated "Review" section.. I'm actually not an "only-Elvis" kind of guy and don't resent your reviews for content, just placement.

Sorry, but it dilutes the board. I don't mean to be a jerk.

But maybe I'm wrong on how this should work. Anyone else feel this way?

Cheers!

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:22 pm

Greg your right, it should be in the off-topic section.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:03 am

OFF TOPIC!!! :twisted:

Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:04 am

OFF TOPIC!!! :twisted:

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:44 pm

Yea what's the Elvis connection? I got a CD by Ringo but unfortunately his version of Don't Be Cruel was only available on the single from the album...

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:54 pm

Buffalo Wings wrote:I have always posted non-Elvis music reviews in the Review Section as
it says : "Review Section. Here you can post your review!! Moderator Steve_M". It says nothing about it being particular to only Elvis.

Regards,
Buffalo Wings

Well, it's all 'particular to only Elvis' except the Off Topic bit.

This is an Elvis MB.