More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drghanem
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Re: AMAZON.DE A Boy from Tupelo 3 CD Box Set NOW WITH PHOTO

Post by drghanem »

I'll be transferring my 78 RSD release to hd digital format next month (new MC cartridge soon) and then I can upload a version on zippyshare.

"I´m limp as a rag, worn out when a show´s over". Elvis in Tacoma, fall 1957.
Long, Lonely Highway, by Ger Rijff (Tutti Frutti productions, 1985)

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

drghanem wrote:I'll be transferring my 78 RSD release to hd digital format next month (new MC cartridge soon) and then I can upload a version on zippyshare.
That would be awesome!
Thank you in advance, drghanem :)

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

JimmyCool wrote:
drghanem wrote:Contrary to what posters here might say about the fidelity on the old vs the new transfer of My Happiness, I personally hear a remarkable difference in clarity. Of course the new Jack White-transfer comes with surface-noice but the clarity is unsurpassed in quality. Too bad that SONY didn't use it for this new set. I am still awaiting my set which was shipped from the good ole USA last week.
I agree; the 2012 remasters of the first two demo acetates sound worse than ever to me (badly filtered/noise reduced), so it's the only thing I really dislike from these almost perfect 2012/2017 sets...
I would love to hear nice and fresh transfers from these demo acetates in digital form.
Are you serious, JimmyCool? These demos have never sounded better than on A Boy from Tupelo. The Jack White transfer might be better, but the 2012 versions surpassed anything that came before by a country mile.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

Ken Jensen wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
drghanem wrote:Contrary to what posters here might say about the fidelity on the old vs the new transfer of My Happiness, I personally hear a remarkable difference in clarity. Of course the new Jack White-transfer comes with surface-noice but the clarity is unsurpassed in quality. Too bad that SONY didn't use it for this new set. I am still awaiting my set which was shipped from the good ole USA last week.
I agree; the 2012 remasters of the first two demo acetates sound worse than ever to me (badly filtered/noise reduced), so it's the only thing I really dislike from these almost perfect 2012/2017 sets...
I would love to hear nice and fresh transfers from these demo acetates in digital form.
Are you serious, JimmyCool? These demos have never sounded better than on A Boy from Tupelo. The Jack White transfer might be better, but the 2012 versions surpassed anything that came before by a country mile.
I'm dead serious, Ken Jensen.
Just listen to "I'll Never Stand In Your Way" on "Platinum" and then go to "A Boy From Tupelo".
Sometimes less is more.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 12 years

Post by Johnny2523 »

I met Ernst today, Very nice guy. At the Elvis 101 event he talked about ''A Boy From Tupelo'' and even how he came up with that title and why he chose that specifically.
There was also a short mention of ''Elvis On Tour''.. Tom Brown asked ernst what he would still like to do - so that the next time they do an event they can say.. last year we talked about you wanting to do this and now you've done it... Ernst mentioned ''Elvis On Tour'' as an answer and he hoped that Turner/MGM would let him do an Elvis On Tour set, followed by ''I hope they're listening''.
I recorded most of the event on audio, and when i get the time i'll upload it. Below a photo of ernst signing my copy of his book.
Ernst.jpg
On a side note that's off topic. I was really impressed by the ''The Gospel Music Of Elvis Concert'' event yesterday at Soundstage A - Terry mike jeffrey set the scene with some great versions of ''By And By'' ''Where No One Stands Alone'' ''You'll Never Walk Alone'' among others. The Imperials were great too (Thou Terry Blackwood was the only original)
The Gospel Music Of Elvis.jpg
The Imperials.jpg
but the part that touched me most was the last part of the show.. by the stamps quartet, it was emotional to see Donnie Sumner speak, with a laugh and a tear, he's a great comedian, but most people silenced when he got serious, and told the audience, he just burried 13 friends in 1 year (Mentions of Red & Sonny) with alot of them being from the Elvis Circle. Bill baize performed a great version of ''When It's My Time'' bringing donnie to tears. Donnie also shared pride of his son, and J.D got a few mentions, most notably, donnie said that when they performed JD always made them perform a song, and donnie once said ''I'm not doing this song anymore!'' as they used to do it at every single show with the stamps... but when J.D Passed away, they ended up singing the song again, for every single show with the stamps, and so for JD they performed it once again. When one of the groups was done elvis would appear on screen, and everyone would clap.

Thankfully, i caught the whole show on audio, i didn't manage to take video's because i only had 25% left. I'll share interesting bits of the show when i'm back from the USA.. but so far - My first time in memphis.. has been a very special one, a sad yet happy one, a busy one.. a lifetime experience, and i can't wait for the coming days.

Btw the show was totally sold out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Rich_TCB
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Post by Rich_TCB »

Thanks.

His answer regarding Elvis On Tour doesn't even make sense. RCA owns the multi-track recordings of the four shows. Why would Turner/WB need to be involved?

ImageImageImage

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Rich_TCB wrote:Thanks.

His answer regarding Elvis On Tour doesn't even make sense. RCA owns the multi-track recordings of the four shows. Why would Turner/WB need to be involved?
He wasn't just talking audio, he mentioned footage - I'm guessing he wants to do it right.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

But trying to include footage just makes it more complicated. Trust me, it would be great, but let's just release the damn thing already....with or without DVD's.

ImageImageImage

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Rich_TCB wrote:Thanks.

Probably because RCA will not approve a standalone "Elvis On Tour" box set. A release campaign with the audio (RCA) and film (MGM) elements will be mutually beneficial at retail.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Johnny2523 wrote:I met Ernst today, Very nice guy. At the Elvis 101 event he talked about ''A Boy From Tupelo'' and even how he came up with that title and why he chose that specifically.
There was also a short mention of ''Elvis On Tour''.. Tom Brown asked ernst what he would still like to do - so that the next time they do an event they can say.. last year we talked about you wanting to do this and now you've done it... Ernst mentioned ''Elvis On Tour'' as an answer and he hoped that Turner/MGM would let him do an Elvis On Tour set, followed by ''I hope they're listening''.
I recorded most of the event on audio, and when i get the time i'll upload it. Below a photo of ernst signing my copy of his book.
Ernst.jpg
On a side note that's off topic. I was really impressed by the ''The Gospel Music Of Elvis Concert'' event yesterday at Soundstage A - Terry mike jeffrey set the scene with some great versions of ''By And By'' ''Where No One Stands Alone'' ''You'll Never Walk Alone'' among others. The Imperials were great too (Thou Terry Blackwood was the only original)
The Imperials.jpg
but the part that touched me most was the last part of the show.. by the stamps quartet, it was emotional to see Donnie Sumner speak, with a laugh and a tear, he's a great comedian, but most people silenced when he got serious, and told the audience, he just burried 13 friends in 1 year (Mentions of Red & Sonny) with alot of them being from the Elvis Circle. Bill baize performed a great version of ''When It's My Time'' bringing donnie to tears. Donnie also shared pride of his son, and J.D got a few mentions, most notably, donnie said that when they performed JD always made them perform a song, and donnie once said ''I'm not doing this song anymore!'' as they used to do it at every single show with the stamps... but when J.D Passed away, they ended up singing the song again, for every single show with the stamps, and so for JD they performed it once again. When one of the groups was done elvis would appear on screen, and everyone would clap.

Thankfully, i caught the whole show on audio, i didn't manage to take video's because i only had 25% left. I'll share interesting bits of the show when i'm back from the USA.. but so far - My first time in memphis.. has been a very special one, a sad yet happy one, a busy one.. a lifetime experience, and i can't wait for the coming days.

Wow, thanks for the info and nice pic. Did you also attend the Fan Club Presidents Event? One of my all time favorite radio personalities, "Mr. Music" Norm N. Nite was a guest speaker and he always has great insights to Elvis. I heard him on Elvis Radio this weekend and it was so great to hear his stories.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Another enjoyable review from August 14, 2017.

The Genesis Of Genius
https://www.pressreader.com/usa/usa-today-us-edition/20170814/281530816127448

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Thanks Mike.

And a tip of the hat to George Smith . . . ;-)

ImageImageImage

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Mike C wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I met Ernst today, Very nice guy. At the Elvis 101 event he talked about ''A Boy From Tupelo'' and even how he came up with that title and why he chose that specifically.
Ernst.jpg
The Imperials.jpg

Wow, thanks for the info and nice pic. Did you also attend the Fan Club Presidents Event? One of my all time favorite radio personalities, "Mr. Music" Norm N. Nite was a guest speaker and he always has great insights to Elvis. I heard him on Elvis Radio this weekend and it was so great to hear his stories.
I wasn't able to go to the fan club president event sadley, but i would love to hear ur story about it :)

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Ernst.jpg
The Imperials.jpg

I wasn't able to go to the fan club president event sadley, but i would love to hear ur story about it :)
I didn't make it either. :cry: I heard Norm one Elvis Radio and also his An American Music Legend special which ran last week on the channel.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

The credits of the book feature Gene Simmons. Is this THE Gene Simmons and if so, what was his contribution?

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Here's a recording of the Elvis101 event - Ernst his part.
The audio is complete, however since there's about 3 minutes of footage. starts at 1.00
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeFromHolland

Last edited by MikeFromHolland on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

drjohncarpenter

Rich_TCB wrote:Thanks Mike.

Yes, you got that right. Ernst read the George Smith topic here and was blown away by the impeccable research on "That's All Right." Now it is clear that he embraces the facts presented exclusively on FECC.

The Crudup Connection: 5 July 1954 Revisited
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72871

Topics like this are why the FECC forum is #1 in the world for Elvis fans.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

MikeFromHolland

Another pleasant review, published August 15, 2017 in the Chicago Tribune:

Early Elvis On "A Boy From Tupelo"

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/chicago-tribune/20170815/282303910242719

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

George Smith
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by George Smith »

Thank you -- to know that Ernst has read that article blows me away.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

drjohncarpenter

George Smith wrote:

Thank you -- to know that Ernst has read that article blows me away.
At least twice, and the impression has clearly remained since then.

Ernst visited.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 5 months
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

Finally uploaded today on VEVO. 8)

Domino
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Domino »

OnStage55 wrote:Finally uploaded today on VEVO. 8)

Awesome.Thanks.

8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
ImageImage

OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 5 months
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

Arrived today 8)

I did not buy the 2012 release, i wanted it very much, but it was too much$$$, so I am very Very pleased with this mini Box Set.
This is really a wonderful set to have in my collection, and for $27.98 with Free Shipping, Ya can't go wrong. ;)

Spellbinder

Post by Spellbinder »

Let me apologise for asking this question as I'm sure it's already been addressed in this long thread.

Exactly what is missing from the Legacy release that is included in the FTD release (apart from the Axton interview)?

Thanks.

Ray