Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Girl Happy HD

Post by promiseland »

Finally acquired an M2TS H.264 HD 1080p (1920X1080) transfer of the 1965 film Girl Happy. The video is extremely sharp and crisp with very low generation grain and the color is much more amazing than what you see in my low rez .jpeg screen caps.
Girl Happy 1080p -1.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -2.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -3.jpg
The DTS audio is split up between the 6 channels that's excellent on the ten main songs. "Do The Clam" jumps from the rear to the front during the break, and actually sounds pretty cool compared to the original stereo master for once. The movie dialogue is in full surround as the vehicles pan from left to right, or right to left, as they are seen on the screen, as well as what direction each sound effect conjunction coincides within the video scenes.

I was told this is planned for release on Blu ray in the spring of 2017. I would love to upload a copy but it's a private Christmas gift I received, and at 46GB it's not going to happen! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Re: Girl Happy HD

Post by sweetangeline »

promiseland wrote:I was told this is planned for release on Blu ray in the spring of 2017.
...hope this is just one of a few Blu ray`s in 2017!! Have a safe holiday :D

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
promiseland wrote:Finally acquired an M2TS H.264 HD 1080p (1920X1080) transfer of the 1965 film Girl Happy. The video is extremely sharp and crisp with very low generation grain and the color is much more amazing than what you see in my low rez .jpeg screen caps.
Girl Happy 1080p -1.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -2.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -3.jpg
The DTS audio is split up between the 6 channels that's excellent on the ten main songs. "Do The Clam" jumps from the rear to the front during the break, and actually sounds pretty cool compared to the original stereo master for once. The movie dialogue is in full surround as the vehicles pan from left to right, or right to left, as they are seen on the screen, as well as what direction each sound effect conjunction coincides within the video scenes.

I was told this is planned for release on Blu ray in the spring of 2017. I would love to upload a copy but it's a private Christmas gift I received, and at 46GB it's not going to happen! :wink:
Fantastic news! 8). Here is hope King Creole; G.I.Blues; Girls! Girls! Girls! & Fun In Acapulco :smt007 are in the planning too!. I´m almost certain that Wild In The Country will be one of those as well, it´s the only remaining 20th Century Fox Elvis movie to be released. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

Hey promisland. Can you tell us more. Where did you get this? This would almost seem like an April Fools joke but it isn't April Fools Day and I don't think you would put up a fake news story.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

Not a favorite but if they put money into this lets hope we get other titles!

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

rollinson1

Post by rollinson1 »

promiseland wrote:Finally acquired an M2TS H.264 HD 1080p (1920X1080) transfer of the 1965 film Girl Happy. The video is extremely sharp and crisp with very low generation grain and the color is much more amazing than what you see in my low rez .jpeg screen caps.
Girl Happy 1080p -1.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -2.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -3.jpg

Oh you little tease :) . Seriously are you allowed to say where the gift came from or how they got it before release? :smt002

ELVIS PRESLEY - THE MOST UNDERRATED, UNDERUSED, WASTED TALENT OF ALL TIME

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years

Post by LSP-4445 »

If only this topic was about Loving You or King Creole among others.....
I would buy them on Blu-ray but not Girl Happy no matter how good the quality might be :(
Last edited by LSP-4445 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jerrynodak

Post by jerrynodak »

I rarely watch the '50s films. When i do watch one it's usually King Creole. Come to think of it I rarely watch the '60s movies either. Girl Happy is one of my '60s faves. I'd buy Girl Happy on BD. But I'd prefer to have Blue Hawaii.
Last edited by jerrynodak on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
promiseland

Post by promiseland »

rollinson1 wrote:
Girl Happy 1080p -1.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -2.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -3.jpg

Oh you little tease :) . Seriously are you allowed to say where the gift came from or how they got it before release? :smt002
I was given a copy of "Girl Happy" from someone affiliated with (TW)it is a single M2TS unmastered file that has not yet been encoded to Blu ray (not a full pre-release Blu ray) , although it is in full HD it will only play or stream to devices that can recognize this format such as VLC. Both "Girl Happy" and "Marriage on the Rocks" the two I were given are planned for release spring 2017.

TINML

Post by TINML »

promiseland wrote:
rollinson1 wrote:
Girl Happy 1080p -1.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -2.jpg
Girl Happy 1080p -3.jpg

I was given a copy of "Girl Happy" from someone affiliated with (TW)it is a single M2TS unmastered file that has not yet been encoded to Blu ray (not a full pre-release Blu ray) , although it is in full HD it will only play or stream to devices that can recognize this format such as VLC. Both "Girl Happy" and "Marriage on the Rocks" the two I were given are planned for release spring 2017.
Damn I was hoping we'd get some other Elvis titles similar to when we got a flood of DVD releases back in 2007.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

TINML wrote:Damn I was hoping we'd get some other Elvis titles similar to when we got a flood of DVD releases back in 2007.
...we still have SUMMER, FALL & WINTER OF 2017 :wink:

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

One of the few things that Girl Happy has in its favour is its vibrant colours which, given the colours used for Elvis's shirts, must have been through design rather than accident. It will, no doubt, look very nice in HD - although sadly it won't make the film any better!

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

poormadpeter2 wrote:One of the few things that Girl Happy has in its favour is its vibrant colours which, given the colours used for Elvis's shirts, must have been through design rather than accident. It will, no doubt, look very nice in HD - although sadly it won't make the film any better!
...still a fun film...whats the other few things it has going for it??

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

sweetangeline wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:One of the few things that Girl Happy has in its favour is its vibrant colours which, given the colours used for Elvis's shirts, must have been through design rather than accident. It will, no doubt, look very nice in HD - although sadly it won't make the film any better!
Puppet on a String, a guilty pleasure in Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, and a promising opening.

Topic author
promiseland

Post by promiseland »

poormadpeter2 wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Puppet on a String, a guilty pleasure in Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, and a promising opening.
I mirror your thoughts exactly! It is indeed a colorful picture, just as "Blue Hawaii" it's what makes it joyful to watch. It give you the idea of what it must have been like in 1965. The feeling of that era comes to life, especially in HD.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

promiseland wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
I mirror your thoughts exactly! It is indeed a colorful picture, just as "Blue Hawaii" it's what makes it joyful to watch. It give you the idea of what it must have been like in 1965. The feeling of that era comes to life, especially in HD.
...I`m actually surprised that this has`nt been released on Blu Ray by now!! :shock:

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Puppet on a String was the best song from the movie.

Will
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Will »

jurasic1968 wrote:Puppet on a String was the best song from the movie.
I was quit partial to spring fever.....a little guilty pleasure of mine lol

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

If Turner is willing to do Girl Happy, then I wouldn't be surprised if others weren't on the way also.

TINML

Post by TINML »

L Ray wrote:If Turner is willing to do Girl Happy, then I wouldn't be surprised if others weren't on the way also.
That's assuming they're putting it out and not licensing it out to a 3rd party.

Hopefully it is Time Warner so we can get This Is Elvis on BR.

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

TINML wrote:
L Ray wrote:If Turner is willing to do Girl Happy, then I wouldn't be surprised if others weren't on the way also.
That's assuming they're putting it out and not licensing it out to a 3rd party.

Hopefully it is Time Warner so we can get This Is Elvis on BR.
Well, we were told it was, TW.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

...any further news yet on GIRL HAPPY promiseland??

TINML

Post by TINML »

Any other news?

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years

Post by LSP-4445 »

TINML wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:57 am
L Ray wrote: This Is Elvis on BR.
I would buy that…but only extended edition.
Theatrical version is available as streaming in HD…..quality is good,much better than the dvd.

bajo

Post by bajo »

Fabares/Presley was a nice couple, imo! Girl Happy was the best of them. That said: GH is nice, relaxing entertainment, imo! It's not great! But, to me one of the better ones from that era! Does it matter??

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"