Leave My Woman Alone - Unreleased ECEG - Where's The Vocal?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Leave My Woman Alone - Unreleased ECEG - Where's The Vocal?

Post by Johnny2523 »

I know that it's assumed elvis didn't record a vocal for ''Leave My Woman Alone''. But i like to have more info on how there can not be a try out or 1 taker of the song as i just listened to the ''Double Features - Easy Come Easy Go / Speedway'' Soundtrack.. And noticed on Bonus Track Take 11 of The Love Machine.. Elvis actually does sing part of the song! ''Get your hands off her, i'm goin to do some low down work on you''.. are there tapes missing? it just seems odd elvis would just do a short excerpt like that and eventually not even try it out.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Leave My Woman Alone - Unreleased ECEG - Where's The Voc

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Johnny2523 wrote:I know that it's assumed elvis didn't record a vocal for ''Leave My Woman Alone''. But i like to have more info on how there can not be a try out or 1 taker of the song as i just listened to the ''Double Features - Easy Come Easy Go / Speedway'' Soundtrack.. And noticed on Bonus Track Take 11 of The Love Machine.. Elvis actually does sing part of the song! ''Get your hands off her, i'm goin to do some low down work on you''.. are there tapes missing? it just seems odd elvis would just do a short excerpt like that and eventually not even try it out.
Did you notice Elvis is singing along with the Jordanaires on Leave My Woman Alone? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Johnny2523 wrote:I know that it's assumed elvis didn't record a vocal for ''Leave My Woman Alone''. But i like to have more info on how there can not be a try out or 1 taker of the song as i just listened to the ''Double Features - Easy Come Easy Go / Speedway'' Soundtrack.. And noticed on Bonus Track Take 11 of The Love Machine.. Elvis actually does sing part of the song! ''Get your hands off her, i'm goin to do some low down work on you''.. are there tapes missing? it just seems odd elvis would just do a short excerpt like that and eventually not even try it out.
Did you notice Elvis is singing along with the Jordanaires on Leave My Woman Alone? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.
I did but forgot about it.. even more compelling that he might have sung the song.. we got elvis on the backing track and we have an excerpt of part of the song he was suppose to put vocals down for.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

It's funny.on another forum many years ago i pointed out that i thought elvis did sing with the Jordanaires along on that song.
Because i thought i definitely heard his voice in the choir.....a'la the way he did on "the climb" on the vlv soundtrack.
But no one believed me.

Here it is (rob? Don't forget proofreading like any old soldier would do.) presented as a fact that elvis did sing with the the choir on "leave my woman alone" although it's not mentioned in the booklet.
Funny, because to this ears it's so obvious that elvis did sing along on that one.

Question is:if he made the effort sing along with the Jordanaires......why not cutting a main vocal....if he was already there?
@mike: thank you for noticing it too.
Last edited by matilda on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

matilda wrote:It's funny.on another forum many years ago i pointed out that i thought elvis did sing with the Jordanaires along on that song.
Because i thought i definitely heard his voice in the choir.....a'la the way he did on "the climb" on the vlv soundtrack.
But no one believed me.

Here it is (rob? Don't forget proofreading like any soldier would do.) presented as a fact that elvis did sing with the the choir on "leave my woman alone" although it's not mentioned in the booklet.
Funny, because to this ears it's so obvious that elvis did sing along on that one.

Question is:if he made the effort sing along with the Jordanaires......why not cutting a main vocal....if he was already there?
Exactly.. and why would he do the short excerpt of the song [non jordanaires part] just before ''The Love Machine''.. you would think he either did a rehearsal take or atleast 1 take!

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

Johnny2523 wrote:
matilda wrote:It's funny.on another forum many years ago i pointed out that i thought elvis did sing with the Jordanaires along on that song.
But no one believed me.

Here it is (rob? Don't forget proofreading like any soldier would do.) presented as a fact that elvis did sing with the the choir on "leave my woman alone" although it's not mentioned in the booklet.

Exactly.. and why would he do the short excerpt of the song [non jordanaires part] just before ''The Love Machine''.. you would think he either did a rehearsal take or atleast 1 take!
I would not put weight too much on that because part of it was always in his private repertoire.
Like the first part"hands off"on a home recording in 1960 and later the full medley in 1970 which ended up on the love letters album.

Far mor interesting for me is why he was part of the choir of"leave my woman alone" on the track (basic for later overdubs) and never bothered and lay down a main vocal on it . plus....we hear it...still no mention in the ftd booklet.

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

matilda wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
But no one believed me.

I would not put weight too much on that because part of it was always in his private repertoire.
Like the first part"hands off"on a home recording in 1960 and later the full medley in 1970 which ended up on the love letters album.

Far mor interesting for me is why he was part of the choir of"leave my woman alone" on the track (basic for later overdubs) and never bothered and lay down a main vocal on it . plus....we hear it...still no mention in the ftd booklet.
but the ''I'm goin to do some work on you'' is taken straight from the song
''Well, I know you got your money
And you've got a new fifty-six too
But if I ever see my little girl in your new car
I'm gonna do some work on you''

It wouldn't be unlikely that elvis actually recorded this ray charles song. the arrangement is very identical

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
I did but forgot about it.. even more compelling that he might have sung the song.. we got elvis on the backing track and we have an excerpt of part of the song he was suppose to put vocals down for.
It would have sound probably they way it´s on this rip audio here below. It´s not Elvis but the singer sings pretty cool "ala" Elvis style! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/IUq1asbY/file.html
Leave My Woman Alone. Audio Wav rip.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

@johnny: No, it's not unlikely.
Where is Peter Guralnick when you need him the most. IF Ernst failed on the easy come, easy go ftd in the liner notes or the whole booklet, at least Mr. GURALNICK shouldn't. As an Elvis expert...he should know....so why Mr. GURALNICK you didn't mention elvis vocal in the choir of"leave my woman alone" or at least discussed the possibility of elvis laying down a main vocal on 1966?

Just because elvis didn't mentioned it in 1970 at least 8 (!!!!!)times? Sloppy research, Mr. GURALNICK.
I would have been sooooooooo thrilled if your opinion on that one (if you had one) would mirrors mine.
And remember: i was nearly the first one who pointed it out.
I think that is quite thrilling.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

It's in the same place where the rest of 1969's "Poor Man's Gold" is hiding.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
It's in the same place where the rest of 1969's "Poor Man's Gold" is hiding.
And Tiger Man too, no doubt.

henryneill
Registered for: 8 years

Post by henryneill »

Johnny2523 wrote: but the ''I'm goin to do some work on you'' is taken straight from the song
''Well, I know you got your money
And you've got a new fifty-six too
But if I ever see my little girl in your new car
I'm gonna do some work on you''

It wouldn't be unlikely that elvis actually recorded this ray charles song. the arrangement is very identical
Yes of course it's the Ray Charles song. "Keep Your Hands Off" (from the 1970 "I Got My Gojo Working" and the home recording) is a different song.

And I always thought it is very strange that he didn't record his vocals on this. It is the best song from the ECEG sessions and he even recorded "She's a Machine", which he supposedly hated. So why not record this. Very strange indeed. And yes, I'm hearing Elvis on the backing vocals as well.

@Mike Windgren:
Yes, pretty cool vocal. Who's that?

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by dennyelvis »

They're all now in the Jungle Room hidden in the base of the Brown Bear along with the FIRE DOWN BELOW vocal!

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

colonel snow
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by colonel snow »

Here's the lyric card from the recording sessions.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colonel snow

Post by colonel snow »

The paperwork shows there's no vocal recorded.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colonel snow

Post by colonel snow »

The same paperwork shows a remake movie version of She's a machine track ETDX take 10-take 11 with different lyrics. This version wasn't used in the movie like the first recording of the song track EOVC. This remake version is unreleased; I doubt the tape with this version is in the vaults.
It seems that some tapes are missing (like workpart ending D1OVC The love machine etc).

colonel snow

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

colonel snow wrote:The same paperwork shows a remake movie version of She's a machine track ETDX take 10-take 11 with different lyrics. This version wasn't used in the movie like the first recording of the song track EOVC. This remake version is unreleased; I doubt the tape with this version is in the vaults.
It seems that some tapes are missing (like workpart ending D1OVC The love machine etc).

colonel snow
thank you for this interesting info :) do you have any idea what the different lyrics to the unreleased version of ''She's A Machine'' were?

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Johnny2523 wrote:
colonel snow wrote:The same paperwork shows a remake movie version of She's a machine track ETDX take 10-take 11 with different lyrics. This version wasn't used in the movie like the first recording of the song track EOVC. This remake version is unreleased; I doubt the tape with this version is in the vaults.

colonel snow
thank you for this interesting info :) do you have any idea what the different lyrics to the unreleased version of ''She's A Machine'' were?
"She's a steamroller baby?"

colonel snow

Post by colonel snow »

Poormadpeter2 has answered your question already.

colonel snow

charroman
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by charroman »

I do think the movie years may yet still hold some surprises in store for us and I would not count anything out from hearing a full lead Elvis vocal to this or The Climb from VLV and there is the possibility of other still unheard songs or versions of songs from movies earlier than we know particular as tapes/acetates are missing. Since he died a good chunk of the "new" material we have had has been movie songs and given the number of films and conveyor belt nature its possible there is more stuff out there not in the hands of the official label but movie archives, songwriter copies (as in I'm A Roustabout ) , rehearsals, filmed outakes or even home recorded tapes where he may have run through tracks prior to going into the studio. A good example being Suppose etc

colonel snow

Post by colonel snow »

charroman wrote:I do think the movie years may yet still hold some surprises in store for us and I would not count anything out from hearing a full lead Elvis vocal to this or The Climb from VLV and there is the possibility of other still unheard songs or versions of songs from movies earlier than we know particular as tapes/acetates are missing. Since he died a good chunk of the "new" material we have had has been movie songs and given the number of films and conveyor belt nature its possible there is more stuff out there not in the hands of the official label but movie archives, songwriter copies (as in I'm A Roustabout ) , rehearsals, filmed outakes or even home recorded tapes where he may have run through tracks prior to going into the studio. A good example being Suppose etc

Until 1961 Elvis was obligated to recorded in the RCA studio or another studio; tapes were in the recording studio. After 1961 his contract changed and Elvis was free to record what he wants. RCA paid for the facilities. Tapes with tracks fit for record release were handed over to RCA.

colonel snow

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

colonel snow wrote:
charroman wrote:I do think the movie years may yet still hold some surprises in store for us and I would not count anything out from hearing a full lead Elvis vocal to this or The Climb from VLV and there is the possibility of other still unheard songs or versions of songs from movies earlier than we know particular as tapes/acetates are missing. Since he died a good chunk of the "new" material we have had has been movie songs and given the number of films and conveyor belt nature its possible there is more stuff out there not in the hands of the official label but movie archives, songwriter copies (as in I'm A Roustabout ) , rehearsals, filmed outakes or even home recorded tapes where he may have run through tracks prior to going into the studio. A good example being Suppose etc

Until 1961 Elvis was obligated to recorded in the RCA studio or another studio; tapes were in the recording studio. After 1961 his contract changed and Elvis was free to record what he wants. RCA paid for the facilities. Tapes with tracks fit for record release were handed over to RCA.

colonel snow
That is debatable lol

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

henryneill wrote: @Mike Windgren:
I´m sorry; I´ve no clue..... :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years

Post by MikeFromHolland »

He calls himself "THESUNSOUND" on YouTube:

He also sang this one:

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

MikeFromHolland wrote:

He calls himself "THESUNSOUND" on YouTube:

He also sang this one:

Thank you MikeFromHolland, you´re the man! :smt023. Bye for now :smt006.