Elvis 02

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

merry77
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Elvis 02

Post by merry77 »

I did see the white If I can dream suit and the gold belt.
But also I still saw the pink cadillac and made a photo of the mileage on it.
Gladly I missed the sun dial. Already seen that enough times in Graceland.

Wish they would show some other suits that are not normally on display. Or some more capes. They have over 30. So come on!

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

I'm thinking of going to this later in the week. Is it easy to buy tickets on the door or best to book? If booking, how strict are they about making the time slot that you booked?

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

TJ wrote:I'm thinking of going to this later in the week. Is it easy to buy tickets on the door or best to book? If booking, how strict are they about making the time slot that you booked?
Buy tickets at the door, much easier.

Brian

TJ

Post by TJ »

Thanks. I was thinking of either Thursday or Friday, but Friday is the 8th. Do you know if there is an event planned for the birthday which might make it more difficult to get in?

Hollywood
Registered for: 12 years

Post by Hollywood »

elvis56 wrote:
robbie wrote:
PetriTCB wrote:
"Elvis" tv-special (1968).jpg
The pink Cadillac will leaves Elvis at The O2 after this weekend.

New items arriving for the extended run are:
- The white If I Can Dream suit from the finale of the Elvis (1968) tv-special.
- The oldest guitar in collection is the 1956 Gibson J200 used on stage in 1956, in the movies Loving You and King Creole.
- The gold belt given to Elvis for shattering all attendance records in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Worn during Elvis' visit with president Nixon and at his Madison Square Garden press conference.
- The Aztec Sun jumpsuit worn in 44 concerts including his last on June 26th, 1977 at the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Damn i was going again next weekend so it will be gone by then :?
Yep Pink Cadillac was last day today, closest ul ever have got to that car nowadays, never been able to notice details like the somewhat primitive air con funnels running inside the rear window into the 4 blowers above each door - kinda cool

Does anyone here think that the TCB ring may be a bit suspect, that main 11.5 caret diamond looks very poor quality, like plastic n cloudy :/
If this helps....the stone in the center is not the original stone that was present when the ring was made by Lowell. The stone was replaced during Elvis's life time, as he had it removed and placed into a ring for Ginger Alden around early 1977. The stone in the ring today is a cubic zirconia.

Also there are a ton of people who think that EPE has fudged displays. You have to remember that there is no reason for them to do so. When it comes to most documents, just like other museums you are typically viewing a copy to preserve the original. That is not deception, its usual.

Regarding the TCB Necklace......there have been many original necklace that have been altered by their owners. Some have opted to place a clasp as opposed to leaving the original style chain, some have replaced the chains and loops. The TCB at the exhibit is original without a doubt, but has certainly been altered by the previous owner.

The descriptions may at times be contrary to what "fans know" however you have to ask.....who is right? All descriptions are done based on the information available at the time. Its not "made up" and you have to remember that "fans" are not, nor in most cases should not be consulted for factual details.

Elvis's personal artifacts are tough to authenticate, and his tastes ranged dramatically making the logic of some pieces hard to justify, even when original. No one is without fault, but I will say I have great respect for what EPE has put together at the O2 and in Vegas. Hats off to them for spreading the wealth.

Their public auctions are another matter entirely, and require a different thread...... :facep:

Have fun boys!

Hope this helps with some questions.

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

TJ wrote:Thanks. I was thinking of either Thursday or Friday, but Friday is the 8th. Do you know if there is an event planned for the birthday which might make it more difficult to get in?
No special event that I know of but there will be a lot of fans there on Elvis' Birthday (8th). The Elvis Exhibition is a must for any Elvis fan and not to be missed. So many great items on view. I have been five times and loved each visit. I believe it has broken attendance records at the 02.

I hope you have a great day.

Brian

robbie
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by robbie »

Must go again myself when is it due to end

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

robbie wrote:Must go again myself when is it due to end
It closes next Sunday, 10th January, 2016.

Brian

merry77

Post by merry77 »

that's soon!
Brian Quinn wrote:
robbie wrote:Must go again myself when is it due to end
It closes next Sunday, 10th January, 2016.

Brian

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Brian Quinn wrote:
TJ wrote:Thanks. I was thinking of either Thursday or Friday, but Friday is the 8th. Do you know if there is an event planned for the birthday which might make it more difficult to get in?
No special event that I know of but there will be a lot of fans there on Elvis' Birthday (8th). The Elvis Exhibition is a must for any Elvis fan and not to be missed. So many great items on view. I have been five times and loved each visit. I believe it has broken attendance records at the 02.

I hope you have a great day.

Brian

Thanks. :smt023