Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

new bootleg coming out: Living the pain

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Living the Pain
The forthcoming release from the "SR" label is titled "Living the Pain" and will feature the unreleased show from Las Vegas February 21, 1972.

As everybody knows SR concentrates it's work on early 70's live period of Elvis' activity, trying to produce always unreleased shows with Elvis at the top of his possibilities. With the new release, we are proud to present the complete show from February 21th midnight show,a rare show from a Vegas winter season always poor of official and unofficial releases.. Elvis' love of singing is clear in this tape and we are glad to give you the opportunity to listen to it.

The midnight show from February 21th, as presented on this CD, represents just one of the best shows of the season, If we look closely at the first Vegas act of 1972 we can see that Elvis concentrates on the music to produce great shows. The in-between song chat and banter have gone and each number is delivered promptly without even a pause for applause. The 'NEW' songs introduced do reflect the mood of the man and for sure the rocking days are over but the rendition of the early seventies repertoire is solid and sung with great ability.

Talking of these new additions we see some great songs, representative of his life from this stage on. Naturally we are referring to songs such as 'You Gave Me A Mountain' which has an autobiographical theme of a man who no singing the pain, but LIVING IT and 'An American Trilogy' which demonstrates his personal beliefs and patriotic views. Elvis also worked hard to promote his new single 'Until It's Time For You To Go.' Here are also included rare performance of Help Me Make It Through The Night together the classic Bridge Over Troubled Water..

This recording come from an early generation copy of the master tape, the sound quality is very good considering the early season. The sound was restored in a studio to achieve best possible results. We have spent hours in the studio over the digital restoration of the sound, to achieve the best possible results and to give you the chance to hear it with pleasure.

This new CD will come in a new kind of deluxe long Digipack four panels, containing a collection of live and candid photographs from early 1972 .
Tracks:
01. 2001 Theme 02. See See Rider 03. Proud Mary 04. Never Been To Spain 05. You Gave Me A Mountain 06. Until It’s Time For You To Go 07. Polk Salad Annie 08. Love Me 09. All Shook Up 10. Teddy Bear/ Don’t Be Cruel 11. Hound Dog 12. A Big Hunk Of Love 13. Help Me Make It Through The Night 14. Bridge Over Troubled Water 15. Suspicious Minds 16. Band Introductions 17. An American Trilogy 18. Can’t Help Falling In Love
Time 49,00 min.
Update August 23, 2014

Re: new bootleg coming out: Living the pain

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Living The Pain?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:15 pm

you can see the flyer on: elvis-collectors.com

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Sorry, but this title is one of the strangest I ever heard. It suggests Elvis pain after the separation from Priscilla?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Sorry, but this title is one of the strangest I ever heard. It suggests Elvis pain after the separation from Priscilla?

thats what i think too

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks for the info Makaveli. This sounds like a good one!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm

f2walsh wrote:Thanks for the info Makaveli. This sounds like a good one!

:smt023

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:50 pm

The shows towards the end of this gig were not bad..and this one is no exception..I hope they didn`t
use the known The Concert Years Vol. 50 cd-r source (wrongly dated Aug 21, 1972 DS) and have a new tape source....an indicator for the cd-r would be Bridge Over Troubled Water cause it is incomplete there..let`s wait and see..otherwise..thumbs up !

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 pm

A better title might have been Bruised Ego.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Who comes up with these silly names? "Living the Pain", really?

Perhaps the tagline will be "of his womanising".

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Matthew wrote:Who comes up with these silly names? "Living the Pain", really?

Perhaps they are referring to his private life..Priscilla left him and moved out of Graceland with Lisa..
only non-English can give such a silly title....Living With Pain ..would be more accurate then..

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:28 pm

I think the title is a pun on that popular cliché "Living the dream", isn't it? Those twats on shows like X Factor use it, nobody said it when I was young. People live life, not a "dream".

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Either way it's an awful title.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:A better title might have been Bruised Ego.

My thoughts exactly, actions have repercussions. Others felt pain as well.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:06 am

Ciscoking wrote:The shows towards the end of this gig were not bad..and this one is no exception..I hope they didn`t
use the known The Concert Years Vol. 50 cd-r source (wrongly dated Aug 21, 1972 DS) and have a new tape source....an indicator for the cd-r would be Bridge Over Troubled Water cause it is incomplete there..let`s wait and see..otherwise..thumbs up !

...did you not refer to this label once as the "Shitty Record" label??, pretty sure I read that somewhere...so I`m not getting my hopes up :wink:

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:15 am

Maybe this was the beginning of the heavy dose of painkillers so he would not have to be 'living the pain'?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 am

Why do they say presented in a remastered CD if it hasn't been released before ?

norrie

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:15 am

Rob will be picking it up, and enjoying it.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:28 am

:twisted: Well this is just a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME crikey... from the SR(Second Rate Label) :cry:
a show i already have had for YEARS (in good sound) and their description of an 'early generation tape' could easily apply to mine! :roll:
terrible title, awful and known 'BAD ' label..... waste of money and i will 100% completely avoid this and go back to living the pain by eating another roast pork crackling thanks SR!~reading my Shane Brown book thanks :wink: :roll: :P

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:49 am

Hey all you Gloria Steinems. Lol. If you had every woman wanting you, I doubt you would pass it up!

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 am

Kylan wrote:Hey all you Gloria Steinems. Lol. If you had every woman wanting you, I doubt you would pass it up!

Please let us know when you plan to actually add something to the discussion. Thanks. :smt023

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 am

It's a bootleg. Ill skip it! Spent too much green on E lately! Don't you and Matt have a NOW meeting to attend? Lol

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Please let us know when you plan to actually add something to the discussion. Thanks. :smt023

After 11 years, why start now?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:12 am

Matthew wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Please let us know when you plan to actually add something to the discussion. Thanks. :smt023

After 11 years, why start now?

Good point.