Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:07 am

Elvis Return to Vegas 1969.jpg

Fantastic show with improved sound ::rocks

Lennart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:06 pm

No concert.. back to the roots
Elvis country :)

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Enjoyed this one, played show 1 and 2...the third one is for this evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:55 am

Prince from another planet.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:28 am

Tony Trout wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:The 1974 soundboard that is included with "Fashion For A King". What bored me about this CD is that he seemed to talk too much....

I haven't listened to the '76 CD yet from the same book....

You mean the Dec. 1975 show. It's a pretty good show.

Yep, sorry....I misread the CD info. I think that this CD is one of those times where I really, really disliked J.D.'s "dive-bomb" routine at the end of "I Got A Woman"/"Amen"......

I use a computer audio system, so I was able to take the 74 Memphis show and edit out the dive bomb routine, the whole opening of the show feels much better without it. I could now burn it back to CD if I wanted to, but generally I do not listen to the CD's I just use the computer files. Being able to make my own edits to this show made all the difference...

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:07 am

Right now... 1970, 10th August, Las Vegas...

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 am

Scoobie wrote:Right now... 1970, 10th August, Las Vegas...

Just noticed, in this show during "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" Elvis says "get her Sam" while singing the song... I wonder if this is Elvis instructing Sam Thompson to stop a woman getting up on stage? Any one know if this is what happened? If not?

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:55 am

Sammy Davis Jr is in the audience. It is most probably direced to him.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Now listening to my home made (ripped from DVD) Elvis On Tour soundtrack album... Does that count..

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Now listening to my new arrival!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Third concert of the day...69-08-21...

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Hans wrote:Sammy Davis Jr is in the audience. It is most probably direced to him.

Thank you... That would explain it...

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:28 am

August Reloaded (8-21-70 DS) excellent AR from Touchdown in 2011

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 am

JohanD wrote:Enjoyed this one, played show 1 and 2...the third one is for this evening.

same here!!! :D

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Elvis As Recorded Live In Las Vegas - December 07, 1976

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 pm

My , It's Been A Long Long Time
June 30 - 1976 , 8:30PM Show

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Makaveli wrote:My , It's Been A Long Long Time

Have that one in my collection but never gave it a spin. How bad for 1976?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 pm

August 12 1970 DS - Thanks to the official elvis facebook page giving us a limited time free listen to this show from the new set :)
Great sound, everything clear as a bell! super sound.. the only thing i noticed (Atleast through their soundcloud files... is that they made edits.. for instance elvis mic problems being cut, and part of dialogue goin straight into the next one

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:August 12 1970 DS - Thanks to the official elvis facebook page giving us a limited time free listen to this show from the new set :)
Great sound, everything clear as a bell! super sound.. the only thing i noticed (Atleast through their soundcloud files... is that they made edits.. for instance elvis mic problems being cut, and part of dialogue goin straight into the next one

Do you need to login to facebook to access the show? What if you don't have an account?
Last edited by Mike C on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 am

Mike C wrote:
Makaveli wrote:My , It's Been A Long Long Time

Have that one in my collection but never gave it a spin. How bad for 1976?

It's actually quite a good show for 1976. Great sound and a solid (again for 1976) show from Elvis.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 am

Johnny2523 wrote:August 12 1970 DS - Thanks to the official elvis facebook page giving us a limited time free listen to this show from the new set :)
I'm on FB. How do I locate the "official" Elvis page?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 am

WMarkJ wrote:
I'm on FB. How do I locate the "official" Elvis page?
I found what I think is the page, but I can't find the 8/12 DS audio?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:45 pm

DEH wrote:September 6 1971 - Closing Show...Las Vegas...

A really Good Show although Elvis' voice seems worn down. U only notice it when he talks. No problems with how he sings. he intros himself as Johnny Cash and it sounds like he says "i grew up at The International" and says he will try to entertain the audience on way or another. Its been said that this is the show where he debuted the capes. During the intro to "Polk Salad Annie" he says .."Batman...Fly Away". he might have been joking that he looked like Batman with the cape. The Highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "Johnny B Goode", "Its Impossible", "Are You Lonesome Tonight?", "Suspicious Minds" with big Karate demo afterwards, "Lawdy Miss Clawdy". Before he does the oldies medley he says..."Oldies but Goodies man". After he performs "Suspicious Minds" and starts introducing the band u can hear that he is really out of breath. which is a good reason he usually did the intros after performing that.

Near the end of the show he does quite a bit of talking. He intros Priscilla saying "stand up baby"...after she gets a big applause he jokes that she gets more applause than he does.He also explains that he still has friends from High School with him (meaning Red West etc.), and thanks the audience for coming out to see him even though the economy is bad. He then compliments the band by saying .."All these guys with me were handpicked. They are the best in their field." He also mentions that the suits are made especially for the fans.."Without you it don't mean nothing" and then jokes it would be a "cold ass room".:)

Then as he goes into "Can't Help Falling In Love" he stops it and adds..."People ask me when I'm gonna quit" the crowd shouts "noooooo!!!" and Elvis replies "Its true....Retire....No, I Love it!...I dig it!!" and the crowd cheers. he then closed the show with "Can't Help Falling..."

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Proud Mary
Sweet Caroline
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me Tender (+ 1 False Start)
Johnny B Goode
It's Impossible
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On
Heartbreak Hotel
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Hound Dog (slow/fast)
Suspicious Minds
- Band Intros -
Elvis intros Charlie Pride
The Easy Part Is Over ( 1 Line only)
Elvis Intros Comedian Bob Melvin
Elvis intros Vernon
Elvis intros Priscilla
I'm Leavin
Lawdy Miss Clawdy (+ reprise)
Can't Help Falling in Love (intro only)
Can't Help Falling In Love

What CD is this concert from? Never heard of this show before.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Edit
Last edited by JohanD on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 pm

I have it on this cdr.
It's out on pressed cd since 2006 too,wich has better sound then the cdr.